Plugin Contributions

Default Adding products with attributea in cart from product listing

Hi all
    I have a shop with Zen Cart 1.5 and i am using attributes on some products just for filtering. Attributes don't display on product page, cannot be changed or selected by customer, i just use them for advanced product filtering. The problem is that products with attributes cannot be added in cart from product listing (All products, Specials, Category, etc) and when a customer wants to do a quick add to cart it gets redirected to product page to choose the attribute. Is there any way i can modify the files to ignore the attribute condition and add these products directly to cart? If yes, what are the files i have to modify?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding products with attributea in cart from product listing

When you say just for filtering, are you using the Read-only attribute type that is defined in the option name manager or have you chosen some other form of attribute type?

If you are using the Read-only type and having this issue of adding product to the cart that have attributes, check the setting of: configuration->attribute settings->Read Only option type - Ignore for Add to Cart. It seems like that should be set to 1.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you say just for filtering, are you using the Read-only attribute type that is defined in the option name manager or have you chosen some other form of attribute type?

If you are using the Read-only type and having this issue of adding product to the cart that have attributes, check the setting of: configuration->attribute settings->Read Only option type - Ignore for Add to Cart. It seems like that should be set to 1.
    Thank you very much for this answer. It did the trick :) I was totally ignoring the read-only type, also i didn't know about the ignore option. It seems every day i have something new to learn :)

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Thank you for your answer. This time the solution was simple :) I am bookmarking this topic anyway for just in case :)
    Last edited by randomm; 14 Mar 2017 at 02:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Glad that it helped resolve the issue and broaden your horizons on the capability and operation of ZC!
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...