Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10422 error code in logs, customer sees blank page instead

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    display_startup_errors = On
    That's not useful to anyone except the server administrator. Startup-errors occur when PHP is "starting up". That happens in the server logs way before "userland" code (the PHP files you and I would run) are processed by PHP. Startup-errors are typically related to bad php configuration files or extensions that are incorrectly/incompletely installed/configured. Completely outside your control, and you should never have to see or worry or think about them. Completely irrelevant to this context IMO. .... unless the server's logs are recording that PHP is having startup errors ... in which case why isn't the hosting company fixing them? But that's another story.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am going to try some of the suggestions and see how I get on and let you know.

I just thought though, I do have website payment pro, but I do have option one set in Paypal Express Checkout :-

PayPal Mode
    Which PayPal API system should be used for processing?
    Choices:
    For choice #1, you need to supply API Settings above.
    1. PayPal = Express Checkout with a regular PayPal account

As before, paypal express checkout works on my test account. I just recalled that I had to switch options a while back as I noticed some issues testing paypal express. That was before 1.55 though

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that the exact same transaction done in a test account, which triggers a 10422 error, behaves properly, but the same transaction triggering a 10422 in a live account gives a blank page?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

sorry my apologies, it has been a long day. I meant to say (test) paypal account. I use one of my own paypal accounts just for testing the site when need be.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's tough to diagnose something wrong with the server, especially when they'll rarely investigate "3rd party software".

So, to figure out why there aren't error logs, we can try to force a known error, and fiddle with the logging mechanism a bit.

Let's try commenting-out line 76 of /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php by adding // to the front of the line, like this:
    Code:
      //     set_error_handler('zen_debug_error_handler', $errors_to_log);
    That'll rule out whether some of the extra decoration of error message data may be something the server is denying use of.
    Then go rename the /includes/init_includes folder to init_includes_TMP and try to visit the site. This should give a blank page, and fatal errors in the logs. Then rename it back so your visitors aren't impacted. Then go look at what's in the logs directory.

Next option might be to write a single-file php script that enables error reporting perhaps at its maximum level (which we don't usually do on a "production" site, for both performance and unsafe disclosure reasons), specifies a log directory, and then triggers an error that should be written. Then see what happens. Isolate the issue completely away from Zen Cart so the hosting company can see how a basic function isn't working, and then they can own the issue until it's fixed.
    Or it may point to something that's been altered inside Zen Cart with plugins or broken php files etc.
    Sorry for the delay in replying to this. I just tried this and no error logs are produced. So I guess I need to setup a script for extensive error logging. Thanks for the help with this, I am sure I will find the origin of the issue one day hopefully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123