Plugin Contributions

Default Merging the products of 4 zencart stores into 1

I am toying with the idea of merging my 4 zencart stores into 1 new one and I am trying to figure out how best to do this.

My plan (at the moment) is to take the relevant products tables and append a number in front of the appropriate fields ID's so that there are no duplicates when I import them into the new database. ( I don't want to move customers or orders.)

So the first question is simply - would this work and if so what tables and fields within each would I need to change?
    Last edited by welshop.com; 15 Mar 2017 at 12:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Merging the products of 4 zencart stores into 1

Quote Originally Posted by welshop.com View Post
    I am toying with the idea of merging my 4 zencart stores into 1 new one and I am trying to figure out how best to do this.

My plan (at the moment) is to take the relevant products tables and append a number in front of the appropriate fields ID's so that there are no duplicates when I import them into the new database. ( I don't want to move customers or orders.)

So the first question is simply - would this work and if so what tables and fields within each would I need to change?
    in my opinion , the easiest way is using easy populate 4. You can use this add on to export your products, from the old shops, and import into the new one. Without the need of manually messing with the databases.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah! that was something I considered but then decided against it for some reason..........will take your advice and have a ganders at it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by welshop.com View Post
    Yeah! that was something I considered but then decided against it for some reason..........will take your advice and have a ganders at it.
    One reason might have been because historically EP4 required every product to have a unique model. That has been addressed by adding the ability to export with the primary key of products_id (or blank_new) and import with all of the products_id row data emptied and the primary key set to blank_new... In this setup, every row is treated as new and added to the database as a new product. Now, to make things even more convenient for stores that have linked product, there is a preliminary version 4.0.37 available at github that offers export by master_categories_id which means that each product will be exported one time and showing the category that is designated as the primary category. Then the same process can be followed such that every row would be unique within the file/from the store and therefore a single product.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Messing with tables will end in tears.

Making one shop with all the products is easy, merge all the products into one csv and import it (EP4, Apsona, or DBio manager)
    Importing all the customers...same again.

Importing orders, order history etc, bearing in mind all the product ids will be different, sounds impossible. Orders impact several tables, I'd say it just cannot be done and in any case, how important IS it really?

You could choose the most important shop and import the other products and customers into that, at least >1/3 of the orders will be retained. If people complain their order history is missing (unlikely), say sorry, you'll look into it...
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Or preemptively alert those to be affected that it may be a good idea to obtain history that they need because a change is coming. :) (not a bad idea to keep a copy of each database if for no other reason that something goes wrong and the data could always be independently upgraded through versions following the "install/upgrade" process.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...