Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgarded from v1.5.5a to 1.5.5e - Featured and All Products Not Showing

I was running version 1.5.5a and just upgraded to v1.5.5e. I basically overwrote the live store. I uploaded all new files over the older files. When I went to do the database upgrade (ZC_install) it said it couldn't update due to multiple config files BUT the database seemed to be current. So I went with this.

Everything seems to be working except my Featured and All Products pages:
    Featured Page: http://www.highergroundsilver.com/in...tured_products
    All Products Page: http://www.highergroundsilver.com/in...e=products_all

I didn't check my specials or sales pages I assume they are the same.

What can I do to get these pages to show properly again?
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgarded from v1.5.5a to 1.5.5e - Featured and All Products Not Showing

Not a recommended upgrade method by any means. Take a look at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading and see if you can't regroup with those instructions. You did make a backup, right?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgarded from v1.5.5a to 1.5.5e - Featured and All Products Not Showing

This is what was showing in my error log:

Code:
    [18-Mar-2017 11:51:38 America/Chicago] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=featured_products, IP address: 158.524.324.1
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/secret/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:167]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/secret/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:139]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/secret/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:266]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/secret/public_html/includes/classes/split_page_results.php:78]
    #5  splitPageResults->__construct() called at [/secret/public_html/includes/modules/winchester_black/product_listing.php:35]
    #6  include(/secret/public_html/includes/modules/winchester_black/product_listing.php) called at [/secret/public_html/includes/templates/winchester_black/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php:14]
    #7  require(/secret/public_html/includes/templates/winchester_black/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php) called at [/secret/public_html/includes/templates/winchester_black/templates/tpl_featured_products_default.php:19]
    #8  require(/secret/public_html/includes/templates/winchester_black/templates/tpl_featured_products_default.php) called at [/secret/public_html/includes/templates/winchester_black/common/tpl_main_page.php:252]
    #9  require(/secret/public_html/includes/templates/winchester_black/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/secret/public_html/index.php:97]

[18-Mar-2017 11:51:38 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  1109:Unknown table 'p' in field list :: select count(p.products_id) as total  ==> (as called by) /secret/public_html/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 78 <== in /secret/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Not a recommended upgrade method by any means. Take a look at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading and see if you can't regroup with those instructions. You did make a backup, right?
    Yes I made a backup. I attempted the instructions twice, the first time the installation told me I already had duplicate config files (which I did not excep the dist-config). I just upgraded the live site since no-one see it. Anyway, would let me past the duplicate config notice which was frustrating. I just tried a clean install on a demo folder and followed the instructions. BUT this time it totally overwrote the database, there was no upgrade option.

Frustrating. I will attempt the first method again with my backup, and delete the dist_config files so hopefully it does not say there are duplicate config files. What I want to do is just overwrite the live version its quicker than creating another demo folder, database, changing specs, then moving it all back over again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I was running version 1.5.5a and just upgraded to v1.5.5e. ...
    When I went to do the database upgrade (ZC_install)
    1. for upgrading from v1.5.5a to 1.5.5e there are no database changes, so no database upgrade required. That's documented in the upgrade changelog and in the upgrade announcements in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    it said it couldn't update due to multiple config files
    There is no such message as "multiple" or "duplicate" config files.
    Can you quote *exactly* what the message is? IT'S *ALWAYS* BEST TO QUOTE *EXACT* ERROR MESSAGES WHEN POSTING FOR HELP!!!!!

If your site does have such a message, it's coming from someplace else, and it would be smart to identify and fix that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte,

As for the duplicate message I have been looking at code all day and in FTP Hell since early this morning. An error message did show after I attempted my first upgrade. But trying to remember EXACTLY what it said now (hours later) is not going to happen. The messages basically told me I had duplicate (more than one, a copy of config, etc) files. At least this was the gist of the message again I understand my terms do not exist. I looked at my files and did not see any duplicates but there was the dist-config. Anyway, that is now water under the bridge because I attempted another install. Since I want to just upgrade on the production site (no move to another folder necessary).

After following these steps to upgrade:
    1. Re-installed latest properly working site and database (v1.5.5a).
    2. Overwrote all the existing v1.5.5a files on the server with the v1.5.5e files.
    3. Ran the ZC_Install script.

Now my issue is that there is no upgrade option. The steps want me to go through System and Database Setup. I have my existing site and config files in place I don't understand why I am not getting an upgrade option. Do I need to perform these steps if I don't need to update the database? Or just delete the ZC_Install without going through the upgrade steps since there is no database upgrade? I miss the olden days of minor updates and patches with a few files instead of having to upload the entire house. :)

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte,

My last response is not correct. I did not upload the config files properly. Now that I uploaded everything properly, I do see the installation error I previously referred too. Here is it:

Code:
    An existing configure.php file was found. However your database seems to  be current. This suggests you are on a live site. Proceeding with  Install will wipe out the current database contents! Are you sure you  want to install?
    I see your point now its not a duplicate, its an existing config file.

So what do I do? I don't want to start over, I need my old database. Just delete the ZC_Install folder?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To upgrade from v1.5.5a to v1.5.5e all you need to do is copy over the changed files.

I repeat: there is no database-upgrade step when going between 155a-to-155e. That's why it's not giving you an upgrade option: there's nothing to upgrade.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr. Byte. So the upgrade is complete. Step 1 finished.

Now my issue (that I started this post for) has again cropped up. That is my featured, specials, all products, and new products pages show an error on the pages instead of displaying product.

New Products - http://www.highergroundsilver.com/in...e=products_new
    All Products - http://www.highergroundsilver.com/in...e=products_all
    Specials - http://www.highergroundsilver.com/in..._page=specials
    Featured Products - http://www.highergroundsilver.com/in...tured_products

I assume its an old template versus new program issue? Where should I look to fix these pages to show?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

First thing I do with that is search the FAQs for the message that's showing.

For example, that brings up this article: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast