Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product pages, categories, manufacturer pages and others 404 error.

Attachment 16994

I edited the setting on the Option name type. It now shows dropdown with stock levels on item detail page. Still allows more stock than available to be added to cart && cart page still allows overstock transaction to process to checkout.

I will look further into the files you suggested and see if I can locate the problem in the PHP code. I don't know php but I understand basic html syntax and coffeecup helps me not break code.

At this point i'm doing a backup before editing anything.

I don't know the exact method for the process but I can look at the code and make a good guess of what's going on. if i can compare the code from where it was working to where it is modified now I can figure out whats going on and follow along by just looking at it and figure out where to merge things.

Thank you for your input mc12345678 And DrByte. I appreciate it very very much. Do either of you have a paypal donate link?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by propcity View Post
    Attachment 16994

I edited the setting on the Option name type. It now shows dropdown with stock levels on item detail page. Still allows more stock than available to be added to cart && cart page still allows overstock transaction to process to checkout.

I will look further into the files you suggested and see if I can locate the problem in the PHP code. I don't know php but I understand basic html syntax and coffeecup helps me not break code.

At this point i'm doing a backup before editing anything.

I don't know the exact method for the process but I can look at the code and make a good guess of what's going on. if i can compare the code from where it was working to where it is modified now I can figure out whats going on and follow along by just looking at it and figure out where to merge things.

Thank you for your input mc12345678 And DrByte. I appreciate it very very much. Do either of you have a paypal donate link?
    Mine can be reached through the link in my signature, although be sure to understand that I support ZC but am not directly associated with it. If your intention is to provide to the greater good, please be sure to send to them, if to honor the helpers, please go for it. :)

I would be very interested to know why your store is allowing oversale of items. I just tried the link in the original post, it went to some error. I took off the sub-directory and was able to get to what looked like what I had found about a day ago. Out-of-stock can not be selected, but it is possible to add quantity greater than reported as present. That issue is not something previously experienced en masse after the extra_cart_actions file was put together and only makes sense if negative quantity is permitted in the stock configuration.

BTW, the attachment appears to have been moved/removed so I don't know what information it contained if it were legible.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

database error Re: product pages, categories, manufacturer pages and others 404 error.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Mine can be reached through the link in my signature, although be sure to understand that I support ZC but am not directly associated with it. If your intention is to provide to the greater good, please be sure to send to them, if to honor the helpers, please go for it. :)

I would be very interested to know why your store is allowing oversale of items. I just tried the link in the original post, it went to some error. I took off the sub-directory and was able to get to what looked like what I had found about a day ago. Out-of-stock can not be selected, but it is possible to add quantity greater than reported as present. That issue is not something previously experienced en masse after the extra_cart_actions file was put together and only makes sense if negative quantity is permitted in the stock configuration.

BTW, the attachment appears to have been moved/removed so I don't know what information it contained if it were legible.
    http://www.flyquad.com/stocksettings.jpg

I installed to a different directory during troubleshooting.

Http://www.prop.city has a 301 redirect to the install folder.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.flyquad.com/stocksettings.jpg

I installed to a different directory during troubleshooting.

Http://www.prop.city has a 301 redirect to the install folder.
    The settings in the jpg file look correct.

Do you have a product that is not tracked by SBA, with or without attributes?

Have you verified that the includes/extra_cart_actions/stock_by_attribute.php file is present and loaded (ie. may want to upload again)? What core files were changed by your template make?

What are your settings for the product information page associated with Product Qty Min/Unit Mix?

Is it turned on? And what is your maximum then?

See... I went to one of the products. It had "100" available for several of the individual items, a few had been "purchased". I attempted to add more than what was individually available for that particular attribute (200) which was successfully added to the cart. I then attempted to add 1400 of a different attribute to exceed the expected total quantity based on the number of attributes with their associated quantity. I was able to increase the total quantity in the cart to 1396 with an individual product in the cart in a quantity of 1196 and the original 200... I was also provided a warning message that the total quantity was modified to what was available in stock.

So this tells me that the current setup allows the choice of everything that could exist, but is not limited by the individual attribute. I'm trying to remember where/how that is addressed, but I seem to recall that it at least begins with that maximum setting... There may also be an interrelationship with one of the other files, I'd have to look into it, but knowing the setup for the product will certainly help in diagnosing your situation now that at least it is proven that the quantity can be limited by the total available quantity, though for some reason is not limited by the individual item (in a mixed situation should be able to add as many of the individual attributes are as available up to the point that no more than the maximum quantity for a "single" purchase are entered or the maximum quantity for the individual attribute is violated).

Plugin Contributions

Another condition that I see that could be an issue is if your includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php file no longer has the notifier for: NOTIFY_HEADER_END_SHOPPING_CART at the end of it. That notifier triggers an observer to flag that 1) there are product that are out-of-stock and 2) which specific product is out-of-stock and depends on the below functions file.

The next thing/part that may be an issue related to that is that the modification to includes/functions/functions_lookups.php has not been merged into your ZC version. Which as reported would be in the download's directory: 1_5_5/includes/functions/functions_lookups.php where specifically the zen_get_products_stock and the zen_check_stock functions are modified to support obtaining stock quantities based on provided attributes.

And then the last thing would be the includes/extra_cart_actions/stock_by_attributes.php file that is supposed to also alert that the selected quantity is more than what is available, but that is done using the above two functions and therefore, if they are/were not incorporated, then even with the presence of this file, visitors would be able to add quantity for an individual attribute item to the cart up to the point of the total stock quantity of all attributable items (or the value assigned for product available for the main product itself.

Based on all of that information and what has been seen on the site, it would seem to me that the issue is/was that the functions_lookups file did not get modified or modified correctly to support SBA.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Another condition that I see that could be an issue is if your includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php file no longer has the notifier for: NOTIFY_HEADER_END_SHOPPING_CART at the end of it. That notifier triggers an observer to flag that 1) there are product that are out-of-stock and 2) which specific product is out-of-stock and depends on the below functions file.

The next thing/part that may be an issue related to that is that the modification to includes/functions/functions_lookups.php has not been merged into your ZC version. Which as reported would be in the download's directory: 1_5_5/includes/functions/functions_lookups.php where specifically the zen_get_products_stock and the zen_check_stock functions are modified to support obtaining stock quantities based on provided attributes.

And then the last thing would be the includes/extra_cart_actions/stock_by_attributes.php file that is supposed to also alert that the selected quantity is more than what is available, but that is done using the above two functions and therefore, if they are/were not incorporated, then even with the presence of this file, visitors would be able to add quantity for an individual attribute item to the cart up to the point of the total stock quantity of all attributable items (or the value assigned for product available for the main product itself.

Based on all of that information and what has been seen on the site, it would seem to me that the issue is/was that the functions_lookups file did not get modified or modified correctly to support SBA.
    I had a whole response typed out but I wasn't logged in. I hate that.
    I donated to you a couple of times, I know it's not much but I started this business on a shoestring and all my money goes right back into getting more product. I have your link bookmarked and when I start making really good money I wont forget to come back and show my appreciation.

It was the functions_lookup.php

I can still add to cart more than the available but the cart check kicks in and corrects it.

It's a win for me. No errors are visible to the customer. and a negative customer experience is avoided by not selling product that is out of stock.

Finally had time to work on some design elements i've been wanting to implement. (spinning green loading prop while website is loading, it's all about the details).

...i'd like to be able to get eBay stock and website stock to coordinate together in one place.

Plugin Contributions

I had a whole response typed out but I wasn't logged in. I hate that.
    I donated to you a couple of times, I know it's not much but I started this business on a shoestring and all my money goes right back into getting more product. I have your link bookmarked and when I start making really good money I wont forget to come back and show my appreciation.

It was the functions_lookup.php

I can still add to cart more than the available but the cart check kicks in and corrects it.

It's a win for me. No errors are visible to the customer. and a negative customer experience is avoided by not selling product that is out of stock.

Finally had time to work on some design elements i've been wanting to implement. (spinning green loading prop while website is loading, it's all about the details).

...i'd like to be able to get eBay stock and website stock to coordinate together in one place.
    As you well know, everything helps.

Yup, I tried to incorporate a little more of a prevention of being able to click the add-to-cart with a quantity greater than what is available, but it always seemed to either require some form of javascript (which can be disabled) or reworking how ZC operates which would just wreak havoc on other plugin's that might be installed. Next best thing for the greater group is to just let the "protections" of ZC handle the flow. That process isn't too bad either.

I'm glad that it was something relatively easy to address. I would recommend that other similar (though few) merges be verified as complete. One in particular is in the latter part of the checkout process to do a sort of last check of stock quantity. Remember the first one to checkout wins, so if there were two people with the same product in their cart and they are both working towards payment, whomever finishes that process first is the one that gets the goods and the other is left to figure out what to do. If that change is not incorporated, then they both would be able to checkout, but then you'd have to figure out who gets their order and what to do with the other one. :)

I certainly noticed the green spinning "prop" as it seemed to appear on every navigation and made me wonder about my own connection as to why it was taking so long to load. (mobile device). It looks cool, but made me wonder what was wrong.

As to losing a prepared response? Yeah, happens. Thank you for taking the time to at least readdress it. :) I sometimes revisit my need to respond after losing the content (for various reasons). As others may say, understandable, who has time to write a book twice.

As to your last item, need a way for both to speak to each other preferably when something happens on one that should affect the other. ZC has many notifiers that could "kick-off" the notification and it has ways to listen from outside. Just need something similar from your other location and a common "language".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12