Plugin Contributions

Default Change password - not getting email

A customer is having trouble with the "forgot password", they are /were not getting the new password. I checked using the email_archive_manager (thank you whoever created it, it works great); a new password was sent to them.

I checked it out using my personal email address. Only using the php can I get my "new" password sent to my personal email address (the smtpauth did not work for me). I tried changing the password using "change password" function under "my account". It does not recognize the password that was sent to me. It is giving me the following error: Your Current Password did not match the password in our records. Please try again. Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change password

Quote Originally Posted by pazdar View Post
    A customer is having trouble with the "forgot password", they are /were not getting the new password. I checked using the email_archive_manager (thank you whoever created it, it works great); a new password was sent to them.

I checked it out using my personal email address. Only using the php can I get my "new" password sent to my personal email address (the smtpauth did not work for me). I tried changing the password using "change password" function under "my account". It does not recognize the password that was sent to me. It is giving me the following error: Your Current Password did not match the password in our records. Please try again. Suggestions?
    Password recovery is a problem I hear about all the time - people forget their password and say the Forgot Password system doesn't work.

I have several Zen Cart installations where I added a Master Password addon, just for this. It allows me to log into their account, and use the Change Password function. Then I simply email them a new password.

Lastly, if you have Firefox with the Web Developer toolbar, it has a "Display Password" feature that enables you to read password inputs. I find it helps immensely with stubborn password match problems, by letting you see what's in there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pazdar View Post
    they are /were not getting the new password
    If the email isn't arriving, then you probably ought to tweak your email configuration, both for your domain and for your store.

Related references:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Additionally, Zen Cart 1.5.5 (and later) has added a "change customer password" feature to the admin's Customers->Customers processing.