Plugin Contributions

Default Offer Free Shipping But Exclude International

In the past, I have offered Free Shipping on orders over a specified amount, and everything went well - until I got an International Order that qualified by exceeding the specified amount. I never intended to offer free international shipping, due to the expense; however, I did honor the order. Shortly thereafter, I turned Free Shipping off. Well, I would like to do FS again, but am wondering how to exclude it for International Orders; there seems to be no selection to exclude it in the FS options. What can I do?

By the way, the zone selection only allow me to choose Pacific Coast or Florida as zones, neither of which I prefer. I want to do FS for US only.
    Last edited by Phil Soth; 26 Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Offer Free Shipping But Exclude International

Looking for other related helpful articles/FAQs, but this one seems most applicable to your zone condition problem:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ne-definitions

Found by searching the FAQs (link in upper right corner) by the term zone. Was the second result.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank You! I feel like such a doofus. I do have another question, however. What is the difference between Modules/Order Total/ot_shipping (where you can specify national/international/both with a specified value), and Modules/Shipping/Free Shipping Options, and Modules/Shipping/FREE SHIPPING!, and the SQL patch you mentioned in your response?

Plugin Contributions

No issues.

Difference can be nothing depending on how each are used, but the order total module deals/addresses things that are or can be done to the order as a sort of "after" effect. Such as adding a fee or giving a discount based on the overall order total(s).

The two shipping modules described each offer free shipping based on different factors. The free shipping options module offers options against which free shipping should be offered. The free shipping module is a basic module that ensures that at least a shipping module is present to support shipping at all. All of them can be cloned to have specific criteria met in order to be active/included and as such also have the ability to have criteria applied to disable the clone of that module.

For some reason I doubt that it explains the difference because all of them could be arranged to ensure that no fee is paid for shipping, the issue is what does it take for that to happen and which can be applied to meet the desired free shipping criteria desired to be met. Picking and choosing which one(s) depends on the needs of the store.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc!