Plugin Contributions

Default Database Issues when moving servers on same hosting service.

version 1.5.5d

Developed a site on a spare url and it looks/works the way I want to.

Tried to move it to a different URL on the same hosting service (different server) and no matter what method I try the database isn't exporting over properly. All the site files seem to be in place. The database size on the dev site is 8.8MB, when I import over onto the new server it's only 1.7MB.

Spent 2 hours with tech support on Wed. They couldn't figure it out and suggested a site migration through their 'migration team' that has root level access and I'm still waiting on a quote meaning they intend to charge me for something that shouldn't be going wrong on their serves in the first place.

Now I've been on the phone with tech support again and Hostgator's L3 admin's still can't figure out why we can't export a database and then import it on the other site.

In short they suck. Anyone else able to lend a hand or have a tip?

I tried the three methods I know of: 1) exporting through phpMyAdmin like in the zen cart directions. 2) using the database backup add-on module through the Zen Cart contributions 3) Through the backup feature of the built in cPanel through the host.

Nothing works. Same issues. You import the database and it just has the default products and categories in the nav. None of the banners or layout settings are there with the theme selected all I'm getting is the header/footer and a bunch of junk in the middle.

How it is supposed to look: http://223store.com/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Issues when moving servers on same hosting service.

While I don't have an answer, it may also help to identify server version information as well as can be seen from the admin window and selection the version menu option and identifying information from the top part of the window above the upgrade history.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Issues when moving servers on same hosting service.

Problem solved! Website Rob came to the rescue. Turns out there was two different databases, one with a prefix the other without one. When exporting the info from one site it was grabbing the wrong database. We fixed it by manually checking the non-prefix rows that had the correct info in it and exporting it. Then on the new site we dropped all the old info and imported the correct info. Last step was to edit the configure files to remove the prefix info. Thanks again Website Rob! you rock!!!