Plugin Contributions

Default Add quantities (remaining) to tickbox list

Version 1.5.5a installed from download. PHP 5.3.29

We are hosting an event that has five sessions over three days available as an online ticket sale. (I plan to upgrade to 1.5.5e when this event is over).

This was set up as one product. I have used tick boxes for each of the five sessions. The page shows the overall quantity left for the product:

https://www.spbwshop.co.uk/index.php...lngfg52b0i4cc3

I have been asked if it is possible to show remaining quantities for each session. Is this possible?

I have seen a few add-ons but either they are out of date or look a bit "iffy" and I do not want to wreck the shop at this late stage.

I would be happy if the page was broken down so that each session was buyable by itself (each section with its own quantity to purchase), all on the one page, and the total transferred to the cart. This might make things more intuitive.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add quantities (remaining) to tickbox list

While I believe these two things together would give what you are looking for. Stock By Attributes with Product Attributes Grid.

The first is discussed from here: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=202
    But currently the software is available best from here: https://github.com/mc12345678/stock_...butes_combined

The second is available from the ZC site here: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=618

So what do these two things do/how do they help accomplish your goal? The first maintains record of how many of your individual items you have off of the main product (stock by attribute) and when properly installed and setup will prevent quantities from being purchased that are out-of-stock.
    The second offers the ability to have either one or two attributes "cross" each other all on one page to allow selecting multiple "pairings". In your case I would think it would still be the one attribute but there would be a "text" box available for each of the selections and a quantity entered for each to be purchased. With the "available" quantity displayed nearby.

As to "proper" setup for the product, unless you plan to limit say purchasing 2 on one day and 2 on a second in a single purchase or as some sort of quantity tracking, I suggest that you apply quantities for each session individually, not as a combination. All can be entered at once for convenience but when using the dropdown do not select the combined option for any of the sessions.

The other thing. I expect to see it asked about if you choose to install the SBA. Once installed and a product is to be controlled by SBA, I suggest going to admin->catalog->option name manager, finding the attribute to be controlled for that product and editing it. Change the option name type from dropdown to SBA Select Basic (dropdown) or similarly named option name type. That is the type that offers the most user response on stock and ability to purchase.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the prompt reply. I had seen the SBA, but it being dated 2014 I was not sure if I should try it. I did not spot the second one.

I think I should set up a test site and see how the add-ons work.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spbw View Post
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I had seen the SBA, but it being dated 2014 I was not sure if I should try it. I did not spot the second one.

I think I should set up a test site and see how the add-ons work.

Thanks again.
    Note, again. The software compatible with ZC 1.5.5 is located at the link provided above. There's a history about why it is the way it is. I have a new feature to add in and verify functional before I will submit the latest version to ZC which was further built on what you saw (potteryhouse version). It has really gotten tidied up and actually works like it had always been advertised about managing product with multiple attributes (more than one option name).

I just wanted to be sure you use the correct source of SBA as it is available at this time. Don't mangle your new store with that older version. Please read at least the last few pages of the forum thread related to the ZC downloadable version. It will/should help.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spbw View Post
    Can't copy and paste the link at the moment, but I would recommend the github location, even if you are/were running ZC 1.5.1. There are a lot of additions and improvements that have been made to all of the hard work potteryhouse started. He really cleaned up the code to what was essential to have functionality and paved the way for the additional improvements.

So: link suggested is: https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

That would still be a potteryhouse link if ZC 1.5.4 hadn't come along so close behind ZC 1.5.3 and the further improvements that were happening at the time. Cam down to needed to try to centralize all of the functionality and seemed like I was adding the most at the time, so I started my own but based on his. Has made answering questions about the software a lot easier because the real differences between ZC versions as related to SBA are relatively minor/addressed in the version specific folder. Anyways, sorry long answer to an easy question. :)