Thread: Image manager

Plugin Contributions

Default Image manager

What version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.5.5e
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)? 1.5.4, during the last month
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?) Official upgrade
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily)) - I don't know, a friend upgraded it.
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info) MySQL 5.6.28-76.1 PHP Version: 5.6.30
    site: https://www.petrutech.com

I have a problem with the Image Manager.
    When I upload a product, using one image, everything looks OK in the image manager, e.g. I see 3 pictures, (actually options: small, medium and large).
    When I try uploading a second picture, it appears on the product page, but not shown in the Image Manager. However, uploading the second file, causes the first picture to look very low quality. It happens automatically, and the effect is like zooming a very small picture.
    My friend told me that the Image Manager is the last version. Even that he is an expert in ZC, he doesn't know what happened.
    I've uploaded 2 products, and everything worked fine. I tried to upload the third product - the main image was fine, but the second image hasn't show in the images manager.
    Here are the the links to the 2 products that are OK. From them, this problem appeared...
    https://www.petrutech.com/index.php?...roducts_id=163
    https://www.petrutech.com/index.php?...products_id=92

Is there any way for fixing it? I'll be very thankful for any assistance / help.
    I'll never know how much I don't know...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image manager

When you are speaking of an image manager, are you referring to the tools item added by Image Handler v4?

When uploading pictures, are you doing so through the Image Manager or from the product information page?

As to "quality" of the image, understand that when the main image is uploaded (having the highest resolution/best quality image) it is then made available to all three sizes but at the resolution that is to be presented.

Historically, problems such as this related to IH4 have been resolved by reinstalling the software. Another is to ensure that the override directories exist where the plugin is to copy over to an override directory. The absence of the directory is not necessarily detected and the install may have progressed to "completion" but one or more files may be missing in the chain of code.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you are speaking of an image manager, are you referring to the tools item added by Image Handler v4?

When uploading pictures, are you doing so through the Image Manager or from the product information page?

As to "quality" of the image, understand that when the main image is uploaded (having the highest resolution/best quality image) it is then made available to all three sizes but at the resolution that is to be presented.

Historically, problems such as this related to IH4 have been resolved by reinstalling the software. Another is to ensure that the override directories exist where the plugin is to copy over to an override directory. The absence of the directory is not necessarily detected and the install may have progressed to "completion" but one or more files may be missing in the chain of code.
    No, I refer to Boudewijn's image manager Ver. 1.9
    I've PM Boudewijn however he claimed that he / she is not giving support anymore.
    Here is the thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Manager-addon

I am using both options. When I am adding a product, I am uploading the main image from the product information. Then 2-3 additional ones from the Image manager.

The guy who installed the entire site (updating from 1.5.4 + Westminster) claimed after installation that IH4 it is lot more complicated to install. I didn't know that these "managers" even exist, and up to the latest update I never use them.
    Now I am stuck with this obsolete IM, having additional troubles with it. I am actually afraid touching it, as I had a major additional problem with it. I don't have any idea if this add-on can be uninstalled, and I certainly don't know (due to pure ignorance) how to install IH4. Maybe the IM 1.9 and IH4 may work together, e.g. installing IH4 in addition to the current one.

Plugin Contributions

That mod was last updated five years ago and is not listed as compatible above 1.5.0

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the replies, the relevant questions are 1. Can this module be disabled / uninstalled without destroying the entire site? 2. Is there any other module which handles the images in the same way? 3. If the answer is "yes" to the second question, can another module (maybe IH4?) can be installed without harming the entire "construction"?
    I don't know how to install / uninstall any module, and I believe that I'll have to hire a freelancer - of course if it is possible to use another module, maybe a better one.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just installed this plugin on a v1.5.5e site, and it appears to be working fine:
    - product images can be uploaded normally
    - the Image Manager tools to "Combine/resize" or "make med/lrg image from small" are working fine

In doing a cursory review of the plugin, I don't see anything major that would break compatibility with newer ZC 1.5.5-series versions.

I can't speak to issues related to lightbox plugins though. I don't have any installed on my test site right now.

I'm guessing that any "additional images" you choose to upload for a given product will still need to follow the similar naming convention, just like you would require without using this plugin: If the primary image is named "fred.jpg" then all other images will need to follow the pattern of "fred******.jpg"

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

@ DrByte
    Thank you very much for testing it!
    I assume that I am doing something wrong, as suddenly most pictures disappeared. All the main product pictures were uploaded in a folder named "product", during the product installation, without using Image Manager. After installing all the products, I asked the freelancer if I can add any picture, and he said "sure, use IM". I didn't know that it is installed. So, the first three products were uploaded correct, using "product_1" "product_2" and when I tried to upload the third picture, I noticed that the second one is very blurry. I deleted it (using IM) and re-uploaded again, then all the troubles began... The effect is "pixelating", like zooming a very small picture without a good software,

Plugin Contributions

PHP Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $IMorder in mysite\admin\includes\functions\extra_functions\function_image_manager.php on line 89

any clue?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfderby View Post
    PHP Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $IMorder in mysite\admin\includes\functions\extra_functions\function_image_manager.php on line 89

any clue?
    Yeah, the function: IMPrintMessageBlock within that file has the variable $IMorder listed twice in the parameters. From what I can tell (without actually installing and/or using other developer tools) that function is only used in the admin file: image_manager.php located in the base of the admin folder. To ensure proper continued operation, the duplicate assignment for $IMorder in the function should be revised.

Now... there's a couple of ways to do that though... one "cheap" way is to change the name of one of the two parameter variables... I would pick the second one personally to be made to say: $IMorder2 or $IMorderAlso.

Another more "appropriate" way would be to remove the second definition from the parameters and then to also "remove" the parameter from anything that calls that function (as identified at least the admin file, but may also be called by other installed/written software). Basically everything needs to line up. Having additional parameters is not a problem other than if the content of the parameters used don't make sense to the software. It is because of this that I may recommend more the first option where the "problem" remains because it was introduced in the distributed software but it is handled in a way by not being handled...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...