Plugin Contributions

Default New template but keep product description layout?

Version 1.5.4

Hi,

I am installing a new template on my website but there are a few features of my current product listing that I would like to keep i.e. tabbed products module beneath product image, wishlist module showing, product image on left, stock-name, quantity in stock etc on right. I like everything about the new template apart from the product listing set-up. I am unsure which files I need to edit to 'copy' across the settings from my current template to this new one. I think products_description is one but have read I need to change this in stylesheet too and no idea where or how to do this.

Can anyone let me know which files I need to change and also am I ok in just copying those sections i.e. tabbed products section, from existing product_description page into the new one in the same place?

Thanks
    Last edited by PudzPud; 9 Apr 2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added text

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New template but keep product description layout?

Couple of basics.

Some plugin's (tpp I think for one) have template specific changes applied, which includes loading files specific for the plugin within the template.

Then there are the changes that have been customized from that point such as relocating things within the page.

I bring that up, because it's not clear from the above if the first part(s) of the "install" have been done. Further, of course, the best way to do some of this is to use a demo site where you can make mistakes without affecting active customers, then to reproduce the changes on your live site.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...