Plugin Contributions

Default Database corrupt?

I have a site with dynamic filter running on it.
    Filters on old attributes are fine, but often any returned results don't count correctly.
    Newly added attributes won't filter at all.

Today I was duplicating products including attributes and noticed that the attributes on the duplicated product were different.

Something has plainly gone seriously amiss in the database.

Any suggestions on a possible recovery from this? Or it it a ditch and rebuild?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database corrupt?

Don't know where you might be at in correcting these issues, but it does appear (without further information) that there might be more than one issue.

Frequently the lack of result response from known items/information in the database when performing a search relates to the character set(s) involved and a potential discrepancy between the associated files which include: includes/configure.php, admin/includes/configure.php, includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE.php, potentially includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/YOUR_LANGUAGE.php if it exists, admin/includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE.php

This aspect is covered in the FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...8859-1-to-utf8

Would be helpful (with additional information pretty much on any of this) to understand what is meant by the attributes on the duplicated product being different. How are/were they different? Different sort order? different name that exists, different name that doesn't exist? Quirky letters?

Other things that help also are covered in the posting tips, if you wouldn't mind answering the questions asked/suggested there.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database corrupt?

I installed Dynamic Filter some years ago. It worked.
    Then I added some more attributes and it didn't return matches on the newly added ones. I gave up trying to fix it. This problem remains.
    I first posted about this in the support thread https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Thread/page50 (post 498) in Nov 2014 so from the info in admin that would suggest I was using 1.5.1, currently using 1.5.4

More recently I have noticed that if I duplicate a product, "copy product/copy product attributes to duplicate", the attributes are wrong. ie, the original might be available in black or brown, the duplicate in red or yellow. So they are viable attributes from the same option name, but the wrong option value.

The charset is UTF8.

Server and other info below, should it be pertinent,
    Server Host: server.vtsdesign12.co.uk (109.203.100.136)
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.20.el6.x86_64 Database: MySQL 5.5.54-cll
    Server Date: 18/05/2017 10:36:35 Database Date: 18/05/2017 10:36:35
    Server Up Time: 10:36:35 up 92 days, 18:33, 0 users, load average: 0.37, 0.40, 0.38 HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.25 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
    PHP Version: 5.5.38 (Zend: 2.5.0) PHP Memory Limit: 512M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 300M POST Max Size: 300M
    Database Data Size: 42,719 kB Database Index Size: 10,412 kB