Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot Connect Database When Upgrading from v1.5.0 to v1.5.5

The log keeps telling me errors on lines 62 and 64. here are lines 60-65:
    PHP Code:
      if (!function_exists('mysqli_connect')) die ('Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect().  Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP');

$connectionRetry 10;
        while (!isset(
    $this->link) || ($this->link == FALSE && $connectionRetry !=0) )
        {
    $this->link mysqli_connect[$zf_host$zf_user$zf_password$zf_database, (defined('DB_PORT') ? DB_PORT NULL), (defined('DB_SOCKET') ? DB_SOCKET NULL));

$connectionRetry--; 

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Allaction View Post
    Thank you, that was helpful, but the line is still the same so I don't see an error. I still have the database connection problem. Where else can I check for errors?
    So like lat9 said, it's "troubling" that there is a difference in the files that you have on your computer, obtained from this site, and the way the file should be.

Don't know about anyone else's recommendation but I would download from at least two places at this point, one from the ZC site and one from the github and for the sake of getting online, try the gihub fileset (can overwrite the existing 1.5.5.e files) and see if the problem goes away. Then I would also compare the new download from this site and the previous one to see what is/was different. There are plenty of comparison tools out there.

As to other logs, I would speak to your host about accessing the apache logs which may or may not be made available to you.

Again, the concern is that the files received do not match the expected/required file(s) in one place. How many other places is it wrong?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The log keeps telling me errors on lines 62 and 64. here are lines 60-65:

Code:
      if (!function_exists('mysqli_connect')) die ('Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect().  Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP');
        $connectionRetry = 10;
        while (!isset($this->link) || ($this->link == FALSE && $connectionRetry !=0) )
        {
    $this->link = mysqli_connect[$zf_host, $zf_user, $zf_password, $zf_database, (defined('DB_PORT') ? DB_PORT : NULL), (defined('DB_SOCKET') ? DB_SOCKET : NULL));
          $connectionRetry--;
    Sometimes good to have the code, but more important is to have the specific error (obscuring your admin directory when included in the error log). Sometimes the two have no direct correlation and the error is actually caused by something providing the data...

Plugin Contributions

Only the one place that I know of, on line 64 of admin/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php there was a ] instead of a ). My error logs tell me that I have an error on line 62 and 64 now but the lines I have are the same as in my download from the site and on github, so Idk what do now. I cannot get the database to connect for a reason I haven't discovered yet. I just want to upgrade my site so I can change the template to a responsive one.

Plugin Contributions

here are the errors:

[21-Apr-2017 16:46:06 America/Chicago] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/zen_new/admin/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 64

[21-Apr-2017 16:45:10 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'XXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/zen_new/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62

Plugin Contributions

Those errors are from more than 2 hours ago based on provided information and assuming that the system is setup to record the logs based on the same time zone in which you are in. (bit of assuming going on there.) are you able to generate a new one by trying to access the site and check the logs?

Plugin Contributions

this is from trying to access my test site:

[21-Apr-2017 17:27:53 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'fresh1_fec'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home4/fresh1/public_html/zen_new/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62

this is from trying to access the test admin:

[21-Apr-2017 17:30:41 America/Chicago] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home4/fresh1/public_html/zen_new/admin/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 64

Plugin Contributions

AHA!!!

I copied and pasted about 5 lines from github over my lines from 60-65 and was able to get a Zencart 'System Inspection' screen on my admin. Says I need to "Update Configure File"

My error log now has about 5 more lines that need to be corrected, including the original 64 from the query_factory.php

Plugin Contributions

this is from trying to access my test site:

[21-Apr-2017 17:27:53 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'fresh1_fec'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home4/fresh1/public_html/zen_new/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62

this is from trying to access the test admin:

[21-Apr-2017 17:30:41 America/Chicago] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home4/fresh1/public_html/zen_new/admin/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 64
    The file referenced in the bold above doesn't exist in the original fileset. So there's another questionable part of the install/fileset....

Where did that come from?

Plugin Contributions

AHA!!!

I copied and pasted about 5 lines from github over my lines from 60-65 and was able to get a Zencart 'System Inspection' screen on my admin. Says I need to "Update Configure File"

My error log now has about 5 more lines that need to be corrected, including the original 64 from the query_factory.php
    The need to update the configure file relates to having an old includes/configure.php file present that does not meet the expectations of the new ZC 1.5.5 system.

In a way, that too is questionable. Because if the process of installation/upgrade was followed from a previous post I made on the first page (http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading) then there wouldn't be an old configure.php file that existed in the new file system...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast