Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CheckOut-With-Any-Account or COWAA [Support Thread]

What if customers could create there account during checkout by entering a password or not!!
    What if they could register using only a first name, email address and password instead of using the create account page!!
    What if anyone could checkout without logging in or having an account!

This is a hybrid of COWOA using a total of three types of user accounts!

• STANDARD - the normal ZC account type, ether created during checkout by entering a password or anytime before if turned on.
    • REGISTER - same as the STANDARD except it was created just by entering a first name, email address and password, if turned on. Like some of the larger stores.
    • COWOA - which is just the standard checkout without account. Which really does not care any longer if you have an account or not!

Lets say any three can checkout without logging in!
    Any one can check on order status without logging in!
    A Registered account can finish creating their account by checking out or any time before!

The only difference between STANDARD and REGISTER is that the Registered account has to finish by entering an billing address and contact info, after which the account coverts to a STANDARD account.

This started out as an update to COWOA but it had so many changes to the core code that I decided to leave COWOA alone and do this as a separate mod. Follow the instructions and be careful how are where you use it! Miss installing, forgetting to upload an observer and you may give account access to everyone.

Created in the classic responsive template of ZC 1.5.5e and looking back it should work to ZC 1.5.5a. Tested on PHP5.6.30 and PHP7.1.1 with MySQL 5.5.5-10.1.21-MariaDB

I did this to aid in updating my site from 1.5.4 to ZC 1.5.5e. I'll end up doing the same for the other mods I use. I really have no plans going backwards with the code for older versions of ZC. I tried looking at my 1.5.4 site and recoding it, but at this time, its not worth my time.

This is a large mod. If you have a clean install of ZC 1.5.5e, it's possible to drag and drop files. The forms are responsive and are setup to stack and downsize based on screen size/viewpoint and not device type. The CSS for this is in the stylesheet_COWOA.css..

Remember, this is BETA, test, test and maybe go live.. I am still in the process of upgrading my site. I haven't tested against my PayPal sandbox yet. Well send it to the plugins in a bit.. also on my github page. This will start the support page.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2131
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CheckOut-With-Any-Account or COWAA [Support Thread]

I'll be watching this space, great idea!

Plugin Contributions

Just noticed that I crossed some database commands of 154 to 155e which created some issues when I was testing my added password reset. The strange thing is it was working testing without any modifications... going back to my github version I can see the errors, thus the update.

Corrected both
    includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php
    includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/no_account.php

uploaded to github

I'll send up a new update once this goes live here.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Its live now.. spent the day uploading/converting from 154 to 155, heavy modified sheffield blue...

The mod is up in the plugin section, I sent in an update with the two files above and some house keeping changes. If you missed the two files, attaching here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Shouldn't this line:
    Code:
          $address_id = $cowoa_account->fields['customers_id'];
    be pulling 'customers_default_address_id' instead of 'customers_id'?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Shouldn't this line:
    Code:
          $address_id = $cowoa_account->fields['customers_id'];
    be pulling 'customers_default_address_id' instead of 'customers_id'?
    Good catch, should be
    Code:
     $address_id = $cowoa_account->fields['customers_default_address_id'];
    line 441 of includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php
    Dave

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I am a little confused. \includes\languages\english\YOUR_TEMPLATE\ checkout_payment.php Line 12 - Does this mean that if I am using 'one page checkout' lines 15-23 are not required?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I am a little confused. \includes\languages\english\YOUR_TEMPLATE\ checkout_payment.php Line 12 - Does this mean that if I am using 'one page checkout' lines 15-23 are not required?
    Basically, the old style checkout process which was the billing, sipping, payment, and confirmation pages.. Currently, the sipping and payment is combined into one page.. The one page mod which isn't included, has more support and tested with more payment/shipping systems than the version I have created. My plan is to someday combined all into one page...

If you turn one page and one page mod off then the old style single pages should still work which is why the language files are there.
    Dave

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Basically, the old style checkout process which was the billing, sipping, payment, and confirmation pages.. Currently, the sipping and payment is combined into one page.. The one page mod which isn't included, has more support and tested with more payment/shipping systems than the version I have created. My plan is to someday combined all into one page...

If you turn one page and one page mod off then the old style single pages should still work which is why the language files are there.
    So basically, if I am using one page checkout the lines 15-23 are not required
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Dave, thanks so much for sharing this! I am excited to try this on my new site rebuild. Before I start wading into all of the (very many!!) edits, I wanted to clarify what you mean in the docs about the checkout page. I do not plan on using the single page checkout module since it seems to have a lot of limitations and apparently isn't one page with credit cards, I have always used fast and easy checkout coupled with COWOA. Can I just use your default checkout if I only use the built-in Paypal Express Checkout, Paypal Payment Pro (for credit card processing) and check/money order? Or will I need to install FEC?

Thanks again!

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast