Plugin Contributions

Default How can an item not found in my ZenAdmin show up on the website ?

So weird. I deleted an item from my website cheapsheetmusic dot com but it's still there. The name of the item is called reptile rage. Do a quick search on "reptile" and it pop's up. There was a typo on that item.... it was supposed to be called Reptile Rag and it's how I found out I have a problem. I am looking in my ZenCart control panel and it is nowhere to be found..... absolutely nowhere. I used Easy Populate to download my database in csv format, it shows up as Reptile Rage. So I am completely stumped... how could an item on my website not be found in my admin categories/products ? Ps... the model number is 1327 and I tried searching for that as well in the admin panel but nothing. I'm not a SQL guy so I'm not keen on going into my phpadmin unless it's the only option. Thx

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can an item not found in my ZenAdmin show up on the website ?

Basically broken data connections related to deletion or other removals. Then there was the fact that EP4 had an error that has been corrected but was directly related to adding manufacturers with new product. Basically two lines of code needed to be swapped. Anyways, by the manufacturer data still being present it likely still shows up in database searches that include the manufacturers.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't know for certain, but I would suspect that a download-and-re-upload of product data using EP might be helpful. After ensuring you're using the latest EP version.
    mc12345678 could confirm.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like the product has an invalid master_categories_id or is missing an entry in the products_to_categories table.

Plugin Contributions

Couple of questions related to this issue. First what version of Easy Populate was being used (link to plugin would be helpful)?
    Second, under what field does the incorrect "name" appear within the CSV file? The issue I described was related to a very specific issue/place within the code of EP4 that has been corrected.

But yes, there are other "ways" that a product can be both present and absent. :) The couple of items lat9 mentioned are examples of ways that they can be in the database but not returned when using normal ZC operations.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said the product shows in search results. When you hover over the link to that product, there will be parameters in the URL (such as &products_id or &pID that denote which product it relates to.

Does that products_id value show up in the products_id listing you extracted using EP?
    If not, then maybe (as mc12345678 suggested) data was deleted from one table but not all related tables, when that product was previously "deleted". As such, using phpMyAdmin to find that products_id record in the products_description table will probably reveal the one where the misspelling occurs. If there's no corresponding record in the "products" table for that same products_id value, then you could delete that products_description record for that products_id.
    If your products also use attributes, then inspecting the other products_* tables for the same products_id might be a worthwhile effort as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.