Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ERR_Too_Many_Redirects

Forgot to ask about whether anything showing in the Zen Cart "logs" dir.

Was there ever a time when you know for sure, there were no errors in Apache, the Zen Cart "logs" dir. and everything worked perfectly?

Plugin Contributions

I cannot be 100% certain. I have only been aware of the issue in the last few weeks and the only correlation I can make with any changes was at the point that google kept sticking up a message that my site was not safe and I change the configuration files to use SSL at all times. I then changed the rewrite rules and put a redirect rule on my server.

It was then that I change the .htaccess file. - I dont have a copy of the original to test again/roll back to - but since I have tried with just the CEON rewrite rules and not any of the https rewrite rules and it has not cured the issue I am not sure that is the problem.

I have since removed the redirect rules on the server in the cpanel as google now shows my site with https when I search and I have no error /warning from chrome that the site is unsafe.

So that said I cannot be certain that the error was happening before but I had not come across it having tested the site.

Plugin Contributions

Not knowing 100% as to when your site was working without errors is not good, as that should always be the first thing to determine; after installing Zen Cart, a Template or any modules. Speaking of which, you didn't mention about if anything in the "logs" dir.

Also, you need to make sure your terminology is correct. A Shared Hosting account is not a Server. Stating "put a redirect rule on my server" is incorrect if it was the .htaccess file for your Hosting account that was changed. And if you do have access to the Server .htaccess file, this becomes a whole different ball game.

Plugin Contributions

Website Rob,

Nothing in the zencart logs folder.

Yes it is a shared server. the .htaccess file that I change is the one in the main domain folder as this is the location of zencart.

The redirects changes I have made to the "server" as I called it is really the redirect for the domain in the cpanel>domains>redirects which allows the 301 url redirect from http to https. I did this as a first step to get my site on to the https://www as when I changed the config file nothing seemed to happen.

This has now been deleted and I have been using the rewrites in the .htaccess and the config files with https://

Having at that stage tried checking out and going through to paypal okay a few times I made the assumption that the site was fine. In my inexperience /naivety and not seeing any errors I assumed all was okay.

I am now testing in Chrome, internet Explorer and firefox and getting the same issue. When going from cart to checkout in internet explorer and firefox I get the page cannot be displayed / fix connection error page

Plugin Contributions

having done more testing this afternoon, I think this is related to the Fast Easy Check out and COWOA that is installed with the tableau template. I have played with some of the settings that this module allows and if I turn it off completely it will go from the cart page to check out step one with out the redirects error. turn it back on and it falls over.

Why this has suddenly started I do not know. Any ideas would be good. Naturally I will look a the forum for this topic to see what I can find.

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

You've taken the right step in turning modules OFF to find out which one is causing the problem. I'm confused though as TMK, FEC and COWOA are two different modules yet you refer them as one. They both do somewhat the same thing and not sure why one would use both.

You should also check the Plugins section (link at top of this page) to see if either module has been updated recently.

Plugin Contributions

Website Rob

Referred to as one because they are controlled by settings in admin in one section as tabs under the FEC link and both I think are written by numinix.

They were installed at the same time as part of the tableau template. In the admin there are options which if you turn one off seem to effect the other.

I have been trying different combinations of session settings and the FEC and COWOA settings but unless I turn FEC and COWOA off I cannot get past the shopping cart.

Without these turned on the 3 step checkout looks rubbish but I cannot change its look as the check out pages are so integrated and changed so much for the FEC I think it will take ages to unpick the files and get back to what it might be.

What I don't quite understand is that on my localhost webserver which is a copy of the live site I do not get these issues. The server set up is slightly different as I have WAMP as opposed to LAMP on the hosted site.

Plugin Contributions

I still have this error not solved it yet, but I have now noticed it also occurs when logging off a customer, which I had not got to yesterday as I was so focused on the error with the shopping cart.

Plugin Contributions

Well I am still getting too many redirects - I have removed the FECWOA from my set up but I am still getting too many redirects when a customer logs out.

Does anyone else have this issue at all ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123