Plugin Contributions

Default Cannnot uncheck master category when deleting a linked product

Using ZC 1.5.5e. I need to delete several products from a category. The products are all linked and the category in question is not the master category. However, I cannot uncheck the master category. See image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	17050

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannnot uncheck master category when deleting a linked product

At one point (at least) during the various upgrades within 1.5.5x, there was some mention that some of the check-boxes in this area were either not locateable or not clickable. It appears/seems to be a bit of a css thing. I mean, technically though you don't want to remove a category from a product that is the master category anyways, so not sure what the concern is unless even after changing the master category to another that you still can't clear the category using the links manager.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    At one point (at least) during the various upgrades within 1.5.5x, there was some mention that some of the check-boxes in this area were either not locateable or not clickable. It appears/seems to be a bit of a css thing. I mean, technically though you don't want to remove a category from a product that is the master category anyways, so not sure what the concern is unless even after changing the master category to another that you still can't clear the category using the links manager.
    So my understanding is the correct procedure is to check the box of the category I want the product deleted from. As such, I do not want to check the master category. Yet I cannot uncheck the master category. This being the one in red text.

Plugin Contributions

Ha, found it! The padding was making the checkbox 'un-checkable'. Specifically:
    .alert {
    padding: 15px;
    }

When I remove this, I can check the box. I hope this helps someone else, or maybe me next time it happens and I forget what the solution was.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    So my understanding is the correct procedure is to check the box of the category I want the product deleted from. As such, I do not want to check the master category. Yet I cannot uncheck the master category. This being the one in red text.
    While glad that found the css related part, think should relook at the directions of how to remove/unlink a product...

Perhaps the particular utility is somehow different, but what it looks like is that you are working with the categories with which a product is associated. The master category is bold and red, the remaining categories are "not so special". A product should be associated with at least one category (master) but any other association will make it linked. A linked product is still the same product just shown in multiple categories. Now I don't know from the above description exactly what action was taken to present the screen you had, but there is one where you can choose to which category(ies) to link the product and by unchecking the "extra" categories the product can end up not being linked and only in one category (master category). So it seems, that if the master category was desired to be unselected, it should first be assigned to another category. Then the "old" category could be unselected this way, the product always has a master category even if it is moved and the product can be unlinked from some other category(ies).

Again, I could be wrong. I know there are some instructions around some of the more complex operations that take reading like five times to understand exactly what's going to happen, although once it is all understood it's like: yeah of course that's what it's going to do. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Now I don't know from the above description exactly what action was taken to present the screen you had, but there is one where you can choose to which category(ies) to link the product and by unchecking the "extra" categories the product can end up not being linked and only in one category (master category). So it seems, that if the master category was desired to be unselected, it should first be assigned to another category. Then the "old" category could be unselected this way, the product always has a master category even if it is moved and the product can be unlinked from some other category(ies).
    The action leading up to the screen shot above was clicking the red x to delete a product. This then gives me the option to delete it from specific linked categories. Or in this case, the one linked category.
    ATTACH=CONFIG]17053[/ATTACH]

From here, checking a category is the action needed to remove the product from said category. Since I did not want to remove it from the master category, I needed to uncheck the box. I wanted only one, 'not special' category checked in order to remove it from only that category.

There probably or others ways to do this. The css edit above allowed me to uncheck the master category, leaving only the one category I did want to remove the product from checked and resulted in the correct result.
    Attached Images Attached Images