Plugin Contributions

Default Looking for Solution For Product Attributes With Product-Feed For Shoe Store

I'm planning to open a shoe store where I need to enter the various sizes for each product.
    I've read the tutorial in here for product attributes: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?99
    but I don't understand how I can do it with a feed of products.
    I'm going to be using the Numinix-Product-Fields to create extra fields like color, size and the EasyPopulate-4-0 to do the actual importing.
    Thanks for the input on the matter.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Solution For Product Attributes In Shoe Store With Bulk Products

You do know Zen Cart does not do any stock control for attributes? Yes, hard to believe in 2017 but it's true.
    You need an add-on.

To start off on the right foot (sorry, couldn't resist that), I suggest you use Products Options Stock Manager for Zen Cart (commercial mod) for the stock control and DBIO manager (plugin) to do the importing. Same author. Quality code, quality support.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    You do know Zen Cart does not do any stock control for attributes? Yes, hard to believe in 2017 but it's true.
    You need an add-on.

To start off on the right foot (sorry, couldn't resist that), I suggest you use Products Options Stock Manager for Zen Cart (commercial mod) for the stock control and DBIO manager (plugin) to do the importing. Same author. Quality code, quality support.

All I can say is thanks and I've learnt something new, didn't know about the attributes and zen cart thing. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aurum.genesis View Post
    All I can say is thanks and I've learnt something new, didn't know about the attributes and zen cart thing. Thank you.
    There is also Stock By Attributes that supports attribute stock control. The version currently in the download section is meant only for ZC 1.5.1. At about the same time of that release, development was continued for multiple future ZC versions. Anyways, SBA that supports ZC 1.5.1 up to version 1.5.5e is available from https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined with a discussion thread that supports the community at: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...r-v1-3-5-1-3-9
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There is also Stock By Attributes that supports attribute stock control. The version currently in the download section is meant only for ZC 1.5.1. At about the same time of that release, development was continued for multiple future ZC versions. Anyways, SBA that supports ZC 1.5.1 up to version 1.5.5e is available from https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined with a discussion thread that supports the community at: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...r-v1-3-5-1-3-9
    thanks mc12345678 for your information. Through this it means I'll be able to add the sizes directly in the feed so a product displays on the page the different sizes?
    I'm gathering as much information as during the weekend I'll have free time to begin testing.