Plugin Contributions

Default EZ-Pages in Header Menu

ZC 1.5.4

I am trying to add some new links in my header menu and have found lots of advice on how to add links but none of them seem to work for me. I have tried https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...der-and-footer

Using the EZ pages method it does add them but all under one link called EZ-Pages - how can I re-name this and also how can I split the links into different menu links? I.e. Gallery on it's own header link, about us and contact us under Customer Service etc?

Using the tpl_header way I cannot find the suggest text to add to in that file

Image attached shows what I get just now when I activate my EZ-Pages

Thanks for any help

Name:  Screenshot (186).png
Views: 491
Size:  30.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ-Pages in Header Menu

Who designed your template?

What they've done is radically different from how Zen Cart comes out of the box. Out of the box, Zen Cart gives a horizontal header bar that automatically lists all the pages which you've marked as "show in header".
    It's driven by this code in the default tpl_header.php file:
    Code:
    <!--bof header ezpage links-->
    <?php if (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '1' or (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '2' and (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])))) { ?>
    <?php   require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof header ezpage links-->
    Also, calling the tab "EZ-Pages" isn't meaningful to your customers. A better title for the links you've got there is something like "Information" or "More..."

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
    It's a yourstore template design.

I am looking to rename the EZ-Pages link to things like Information, Gallery etc but cannot work out where to do this. On all the tutorials I have seen, once you activate the EZ-Page and give it a header location number it shows in that order. Mine however has About Us as header location 10, Contact Us header location 20 Gallery header location 50 for example, but they all show under that one drop-down menu called EZ-Pages - none of my ex pages are called EZ-Pages so cannot see where that heading is coming from.

Plugin Contributions

You can change the title from includes/languages/english/extra_definitons/yourstore and edit the titles in headermenu.php file.