Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disappearing Master Category ID, product name & product description

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Which operation causes the generation of the error?
    Clicking the newly created product to open it generates the error log.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kcb410 View Post
    Clicking the newly created product to open it generates the error log.
    Okay, so suggest also looking at admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php (assuming this is a general product)

Hmm, could also try to generate a product of a different product type to see if the product is not properly created there as well...

The preview_info.php file is supposed to "prepare" the information for receipt/storage as well as keep the previous data to be able to go back to the earlier screen.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Entry of product short descriptions, how is that performed? Ie. What screen? Is it an added "window" or an additional field during product entry?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so suggest also looking at admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php (assuming this is a general product)

Hmm, could also try to generate a product of a different product type to see if the product is not properly created there as well...

The preview_info.php file is supposed to "prepare" the information for receipt/storage as well as keep the previous data to be able to go back to the earlier screen.
    Sorry for the delayed response.

In looking at this file it has a mod called Product Extra Fields which we haven't used in years and I had forgotten about. I'm going to look at these files now.

Plugin Contributions

Entry of product short descriptions, how is that performed? Ie. What screen? Is it an added "window" or an additional field during product entry?
    I'm sorry I had actually named this mod incorrectly, it's called Short Description for Categories and we still use this but obviously not on product pages.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry I had actually named this mod incorrectly, it's called Short Description for Categories and we still use this but obviously not on product pages.
    No problem, that at least explains why there were no modifications in the update_product.php file associated with that code/plugin. :) Now as for the extra products fields part... Been a while since I've installed it, but I would think that somewhere in that submission process its code/results would need to get stored. It may be by an "alternate" file such as an observer, an init_ style file, etc..., but somehow the data would need to come back... And bringing things "full circle" there could be something in the admin/includes/modules/PRODUCT_TYPE/collect_info.php file (where PRODUCT_TYPE might be something like product, document_product, etc...) that is "conflicting" with the expected storage of related extra fields and the fact that none were saved with the product... So.. Might need to go back to the top area of that file in or around:

Code:
    if (isset($_GET['pID']) && empty($_POST)) {
          $product = $db->Execute("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url,
                                          p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model,
                                          p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight,
                                          p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified,
                                          date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as
                                          products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id,
                                          p.manufacturers_id,
                                          p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute,
                                          p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed,
                                          p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max,
                                          p.products_sort_order,
                                          p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from,
                                          p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id
                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                                  where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "'
                                  and p.products_id = pd.products_id
                                  and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'");

$pInfo->objectInfo($product->fields);
        } elseif (zen_not_null($_POST)) {
          $pInfo->objectInfo($_POST);
          $products_name = $_POST['products_name'];
          $products_description = $_POST['products_description'];
          $products_url = $_POST['products_url'];
        }
    It may also be something a little further down but basically the absence of population of data may be causing the above $product->fields = $db->Execute line to return zero results which would present as you have seen...

Plugin Contributions

No problem, that at least explains why there were no modifications in the update_product.php file associated with that code/plugin. :) Now as for the extra products fields part... Been a while since I've installed it, but I would think that somewhere in that submission process its code/results would need to get stored. It may be by an "alternate" file such as an observer, an init_ style file, etc..., but somehow the data would need to come back... And bringing things "full circle" there could be something in the admin/includes/modules/PRODUCT_TYPE/collect_info.php file (where PRODUCT_TYPE might be something like product, document_product, etc...) that is "conflicting" with the expected storage of related extra fields and the fact that none were saved with the product... So.. Might need to go back to the top area of that file in or around:

Code:
    if (isset($_GET['pID']) && empty($_POST)) {
          $product = $db->Execute("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url,
                                          p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model,
                                          p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight,
                                          p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified,
                                          date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as
                                          products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id,
                                          p.manufacturers_id,
                                          p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute,
                                          p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed,
                                          p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max,
                                          p.products_sort_order,
                                          p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from,
                                          p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id
                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
                                  where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "'
                                  and p.products_id = pd.products_id
                                  and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'");

$pInfo->objectInfo($product->fields);
        } elseif (zen_not_null($_POST)) {
          $pInfo->objectInfo($_POST);
          $products_name = $_POST['products_name'];
          $products_description = $_POST['products_description'];
          $products_url = $_POST['products_url'];
        }
    It may also be something a little further down but basically the absence of population of data may be causing the above $product->fields = $db->Execute line to return zero results which would present as you have seen...
    I've actually removed the Product Extra Fields mod because we're not using it. This resolved the problem.

Thank you very much for leading me through the path to finding it!

I definitely wouldn't have found it on my own.

Plugin Contributions

I've actually removed the Product Extra Fields mod because we're not using it. This resolved the problem.

Thank you very much for leading me through the path to finding it!

I definitely wouldn't have found it on my own.
    Thank you for answering the questions asked. :) Helped to be able to remotely troubleshoot the issue. Really glad that you were able to do some sort of comparison on the existing/vanilla files. That cut down on a lot of back and forth. :)

Glad that you're back in business. Now to just finish the upgrade! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12