Plugin Contributions

Default Error 1062:Duplicate entry for key 'PRIMARY' in products_description

www.carmo.nl
    ZC Version 1.5.4
    PHP versie: 5.4.45-0+deb7u8 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.5.55-0+deb7u1

Hi everyone. We are unable to modify or add new products to the website, this is new since a couple of weeks. We receive an "Warning an error has occurred"

When we open the log files we get this:

[15-Jun-2017 17:10:14 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /admin/product.php?cPath=4102_4104&product_type=1&action=insert_product,
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:155]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:132]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:262]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/store/admin/includes/functions/database.php:53]
    #5 zen_db_perform() called at [/store/admin/includes/modules/update_product.php:179]
    #6 require(/store/admin/includes/modules/update_product.php) called at [/store/admin/product.php:62]

[15-Jun-2017 17:10:14 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: 1062:Duplicate entry '2510-3' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into shopproducts_description (products_name, products_description, products_url, products_id, language_id) values (‘Test product’, '', '', '2510', '3') ==> (as called by) /store/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 53 <== in /store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

I have looked on 50 different webpages now but I am unable to solve the issue.

We also use the Zen-cart store manager, there i can add and modify products but not when using the CMS. Can you please assist or point me in the right direction. Many thanks.

Cheers.

Kevin
    Carmo electronics.
    The Netherlands.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatel error: 1062

Which operation was expected for the above error log related to products_id 2510? Was it a product update or an insert of a product?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Which operation was expected for the above error log related to products_id 2510? Was it a product update or an insert of a product?
    Thank you for your fast reply. It gets better when i search in the database for that ID number the only thing that pops up, the new product i want to add. So it adds the product to the database (most of the time).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carmokevin View Post
    Thank you for your fast reply. It gets better when i search in the database for that ID number the only thing that pops up, the new product i want to add. So it adds the product to the database (most of the time).
    Well, the sql error indicated that at least part of the product add occurred successfully based on the duplicate key error on insert. The thread title indicates that there is an issue with both adding and modifying entries.

Generally speaking, an update of a product should not cause a duplicate key on insert issue because in a stock ZC install, insert of a new product is expected to populate all tables associated such that an edit would update those fields/tables.

Thing is, in the OP it is mentioned that product is also "updated/managed" by the "Zen-Cart Store Manager", could you please elaborate on that "software" and/or its use as it might relate to this issue? There is the possibility of additional software attempting to duplicate the operations of the standard ZC process and that could cause a duplicate insert action.

Another thing, because the duplicate record indicates a language_id of 3 (not 1) as an issue, another aspect of this issue could be related (remotely? Or possibly not at all) to the use of an unaltered/uncorrected ZC 1.5.4 and multiple languages as identified in: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved,

We found out that in the products_description and categories_description tables the default value of product_name was set to NULL in the structure settings.
    After the change we can add or modify any products.

We have no clue if this has any connection with the store manager.

Thank you for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CarmoWout View Post
    Problem solved,

We found out that in the products_description and categories_description tables the default value of product_name was set to NULL in the structure settings.
    After the change we can add or modify any products.

We have no clue if this has any connection with the store manager.

Thank you for your time.
    I didn't push for this in earlier response, but if you flush out the remaining aspects of the posting tips then it might help also identify why those two fiedls were assigned the way they were. It would be surprising if some other plugin modified the default database field settings as described. There basically is no reason to do so.

Plugin Contributions

You are probably right. Thanks anyway for our assistance.

Greetings

Kevin