Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnyder23 View Post
    Okay, I figured it out :)

For those who may encounter the same problem, make sure your Redirect URL includes /square_handler.php. This information is NOT included in the instructions on the Square website, which were the ones I was following (it IS in the Zen Cart instructions).
    Thanks for posting back.
    I note that the correct Redirect URL is also displayed in your Zen Cart Admin's Square page, near the Token Authorize button.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi:

I need some help trying to use the Square payments with my Zen Cart store.

I am a Canadian, but my website sells in both Canadian and U.S. dollars. I kept the U.S. currency as the default since most of my goods come from the U.S. and are sold to me in U.S. dollars.

I set up the Square Payments last week and it seemed to be working fine.

When the sale goes though in U.S. dollars the admin order edit screen is correct and everything is fine. Square reads that amount and the payment is correct.

Yesterday, I had a sale in Canadian funds. When that happens the admin order edit screen is wrong. It always has been. (the amount is converted to U.S. dollars in the display). The printed invoice is correct, but the edit order screen is not.

Square is taking that edit orders screen amount as the actual payment amount, which is incorrect.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way to get the edit orders screen to be correct in Canadian currency? Is there a way to have Square payments get the correct amount when this happens?

My website is https://poolcuesexpress.com. I am running version 1.5.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave H.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm, the last time I did an alternate-currency sale using this module it did the exchange correctly for me.

You may already have this correct, but I must ask: What exchange rates do you have set for CAD vs USD in your Admin?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte

I have U.S. default set at 1.000 and Canadian set at 1.2999

Dave H

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone.

I've tried implementing ApplePay to the Square payment as per the instructions on the blog post https://medium.com/square-corner-blo...s-1f85cb6fe433 and the instructions found here https://docs.connect.squareup.com/pa...-apple-pay-web with no success.

Can someone please provide some guidance?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi:

Can someone offer any guidance on where I should look to correct this.

I have the Square payment module turned off for right now, but I would like to get it working.

Dave

Plugin Contributions

We are experiencing problems with Square and One Page Checkout (OPC) See thread starting at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....67#post1338767

Further investigation shows that Square Payment is somehow inserting itself into the OPC proccess when a new customer selects Pay Pal Express. We were getting
    Code:
    paymentform:1 Uncaught Error: SqPaymentForm element with id `square_cc-number` not found. Has the DOM finished loading?
    See: https://docs.connect.squareup.com/articles/adding-payment-form/#generatingpaymentform
        at s.buildIframeController (paymentform:1)
        at s.buildIframeControllers (paymentform:1)
        at s.build (paymentform:1)
        at s.build (paymentform:1)
    s.buildIframeController @ paymentform:1
    s.buildIframeControllers @ paymentform:1
    s.build @ paymentform:1
    s.build @ paymentform:1
    And, we still got the error without OPC using PayPal and the standard, three-page checkout.
    PayPal brings the customer back to OPC and Square is looking for the cc number.
    When PayPal brings the customer back to Step 2 of 3 in the standard checkout, the Square error is also there BUT, it disappears when the customer goes to Step 3 of 3. Once on Step 3 of 3, PayPal will confirm even with Square turned on as the error disappears between steps 2 and 3.

The system goes through all steps including registering the New Customer, emailing info, order shows up, etc.

Again, ALL failed testing is done as never before customer, using PayPal from Split-Page Login.

Conversely, when a logged-in user orders an item and clicks on Checkout (OPC ON - Square ON), the OPC is shown with the options for a CC or PayPal Express. Choosing PayPal Express and clicking Confirm takes the logged-in user to PayPal and completes the order on return. It does not return to OPC to give the user the option to confirm but, goes immediately to completion.

Synopsis:

We were wondering why some PayPal orders were coming in and we were getting emails that PayPal would not allow others to check out. Current trials result in:

1. Customer NOT logged in and NOT a previous customer with both Square and OPC enabled
    * Places item in cart
    * Selects Check Out
    * Arrives a split-login
    * Selects PayPal Express
    * Browser opens PayPal
    * Customer selects method of payment and pays
    * Browser returns to site with "uncaught Error" from Square
    * Customer is unable to complete the transaction as the Confirm Order Button does nothing

2. Returning Customer Or Newly Registered Customer, logged in with both Square and OPC enabled.
    * Places item in cart
    * Selects Check Out
    * Arrives at OPC with options for Square, PayPal, or Money Order
    * Selects PayPal Express
    * Browser opens PayPal
    * Customer selects method of payment and pays
    * Browser returns to site and completes the transaction without requiring any further action from the Customer

We are still not certain whether Square or OPC is the culprit but, one of them is "sticking it's nose in where it doesn't belong."

Still uncertain as to whether Square is incorrectly looking for a cc_number or OPC is incorrecly looking for the cc_number from Square upon the Customer's return from PayPal.

Turning OPC off allows all customers to complete the process so, we have disabled OPC for now and hope a resolution is forthcoming.

Any information needed will be gladly provided.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again. I posted this sort of request above, but got no answer, so I'm posting it again (thank you and sorry!)

Code:
    I've tried implementing ApplePay to the Square payment as per the instructions on the blog post https://medium.com/square-corner-blo...s-1f85cb6fe433 and the instructions found here https://docs.connect.squareup.com/pa...-apple-pay-web with no success.

Can someone please provide some guidance?

Thank you.
    Also would it be possible to have customers insert the name on the card along side the rest of the information? As it is right now, the plugin isn't asking for the name on the card, and we have strict policies in this regard. Before anyone asks, we've been burned before (ex-wife buying with ex-husbands CC) and of course bank sided with CC owner, needless to say we lost both the money and the merchandise, so if possible would like to prevent this sort of issue in the future.

Thank you!! =)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by top hatt View Post
    Hi:

I need some help trying to use the Square payments with my Zen Cart store.

I am a Canadian, but my website sells in both Canadian and U.S. dollars. I kept the U.S. currency as the default since most of my goods come from the U.S. and are sold to me in U.S. dollars.

I set up the Square Payments last week and it seemed to be working fine.

When the sale goes though in U.S. dollars the admin order edit screen is correct and everything is fine. Square reads that amount and the payment is correct.

Yesterday, I had a sale in Canadian funds. When that happens the admin order edit screen is wrong. It always has been. (the amount is converted to U.S. dollars in the display). The printed invoice is correct, but the edit order screen is not.

Square is taking that edit orders screen amount as the actual payment amount, which is incorrect.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way to get the edit orders screen to be correct in Canadian currency? Is there a way to have Square payments get the correct amount when this happens?

My website is https://poolcuesexpress.com. I am running version 1.5.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave H.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Hmmm, the last time I did an alternate-currency sale using this module it did the exchange correctly for me.

You may already have this correct, but I must ask: What exchange rates do you have set for CAD vs USD in your Admin?
    Quote Originally Posted by top hatt View Post
    Dr. Byte

I have U.S. default set at 1.000 and Canadian set at 1.2999

Dave H
    Haven't checked if the issue remains in ZC 1.5.5 yet, but unrelated to Square. Looking over the purchase history from a ZC 1.5.3 site, came across the same scenario. Purchase made in foreign currency (store set for USD as default, purchase made with €. On the standard invoice slip, all amounts shown in € with proper units and values. On invoice, the sub-total and total reflect $ as converted using the then current conversion rate. Ie. The price of the item was $30.00, no taxes, the price was shown correctly for the product as paid for in € on the product line and correctly in $ for sub-total and total, but it seems unusual to not all be in one currency. When I changed the in store currency conversion for € (drastic change from something like 0.98xxxx to 0.5) there was no change in the display of price on the standard edit screen for the order.

Again, I don't think the issue is in Square or any particular payment module as the payment described above was through paypal and that it instead is some factor of display/calculation associated with the edit screen/orders code.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I've determined that there is an interoperability issue when Square, PayPal Express Checkout (shortcut) and One-Page Checkout are all enabled for a site. See https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....37#post1339137 One-Page Checkout posting for details.

The update for the Square payment method requires change to the plugin's /includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment/jscript_square.php as follows:
    Code:
    if ($payment_modules->in_special_checkout() || !defined(MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_STATUS) || MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_STATUS != 'True' || (!defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_APPLICATION_ID') || MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_ACCESS_TOKEN == '')) {
        return false;
    }

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast