Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

I would pull the files, manually pull the SQL entries and start over installing the stock module. Then sync it with new credentials in your Square account.

That forces everything to be new replaced and working.

Alternately, check to see there were no changes with your provider. Recently a customer lost module function due to the 'new - upgrade' server having cloud Php settings that shut important functions off the site was using.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    I would pull the files, manually pull the SQL entries and start over installing the stock module. Then sync it with new credentials in your Square account.

That forces everything to be new replaced and working.
    That fixed it. I tested it. Thanks!

Running the 1.0 beta version.

Plugin Contributions

Looking to switch to Square from 2checkout. Any advice? Pro vs. Cons? 2checkout worked well for us for a while until we run into a stolen Credit Card problem, and lost over $500. It turns out that 2checkout stopped providing phone support just recently, which adds salt to the wounds. Are there any other good processors similar to them besides Square to look at? TIA.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Using 156c.

I've just had a complaint about a payment going through twice on the same order.

Sure enough there are two payments.

In my logs I found the following -

"Card nonce already used; please request new nonce."

Based on my brief research of this error,

some can be found here - https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/D...ard/td-p/27378

can I assume perhaps that the customer managed to refresh the screen (or go back) and trigger the payment twice?

Plugin Contributions

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royaldave View Post
    Hi

Using 156c.

I've just had a complaint about a payment going through twice on the same order.

Sure enough there are two payments.

In my logs I found the following -

"Card nonce already used; please request new nonce."

Based on my brief research of this error,

some can be found here - https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/D...ard/td-p/27378

can I assume perhaps that the customer managed to refresh the screen (or go back) and trigger the payment twice?

I wonder if we need to add a script to disable the button after one click. Historically on sites where this has been enabled, folks still find a way to refresh or go back and forward (because they are impatient or have super high speed connections) and the problem repeats of 'double clicking the send request'.

Also, this error will display when there is a javascript interfering as mentioned previously - see post #364 in this thread:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....55#post1366255
    Last edited by twitchtoo; 11 Mar 2020 at 07:49 PM.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    At this time the module doesn't report any AVS response details. But, more importantly, if the customer's bank chooses to reject the transaction (for any reason, including avs) then Square will tell your store that the payment was rejected. It's the cardholder's bank that does the determination of AVS adequacy, since they're the ones assuming the risk. Square (or any card processor) is just the middle-man.
    DrB,
    i'm sorry. this is just not correct.

with the exception of card present transactions using an EMV chip card and reader, it is the MERCHANT who assumes all risk for the credit card transaction. one could get an AVS response of EXACT match, and the card holder could still report the transaction as fraudulent and it is the merchant who would suffer the loss for the transaction. in addition, AVS is primarily for US addresses although there seems to be some work getting done on some international addresses.

i have not used square (or the square module for ZC), but in my experience in credit card transactions, the response is a single character code, that corresponds to zip match, zip street number match, etc. the MERCHANT could choose to reject transactions that do not meet their criteria for the transaction. issuing banks can reject transactions for any number of reasons. but getting an EXACT avs response does not transfer the liability for the transaction to the issuing bank. the liability for any card not present transaction rests with the merchant.

finally, considering that square does provide AVS verification, i find it odd that the API would not provide that information back to the merchant making the transaction. and apparently they do not. from their site:

avs_status
    string
    Status code returned from the Address Verification System (AVS) check. Can be AVS_ACCEPTED, AVS_REJECTED, AVS_NOT_CHECKED.

pretty lame that they do not provide the response code from the AVS system.
    Last edited by carlwhat; 12 Mar 2020 at 02:25 AM.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The Square plugin v1.0 has been released.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=156

The 1.0 module now uses Square's latest 2020 API SDK version 3.20200226.0

Also, transaction "notes" now include not just the customer name but also abbreviated order details, up to 500 characters.

NOTE: IF YOU WERE USING THE 1.00-BETA version, this is DIFFERENT, so you will want to upgrade from 1.00-beta to actual 1.0 using the posted zip linked herein.

Upgrade instructions:
    Delete the server's /includes/classes/vendors/square directory
    and the /includes/modules/payment/square_support directory
    (You will replace these in a moment, but this deletes older obsolete files first).
    Then upload all the files from the files_to_upload directory, putting them into the same directory on the server as you find them in the zip.
    And if you'd copied the jscript_square.php file to an alternate checkout flow, do that copy again.

NOTE: Upgraders will be required to re-authorize to your Square account manually within 30 days after installing this module.
    (You can force it sooner by Removing and Re-Installing the module in your Admin, re-adding your credentials, etc.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolsvith View Post
    Ah, you are correct. I modified modules\payment\square.php around line 318 to add extra information about the order to the description passed to square:

Code:
        if (sizeof($order->products) < 100) {
            $p = '';
                for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($order->products); $i++) {
                    $p2 = $order->products[$i];
                    if (!$p == '') {
                        $p .= ', ';
                    }
                    $p .= '(' . $p2['qty'] . ') ' . $p2['name'] ;
                }
            }
            $p = 'Item(s) Ordered:' . $p;

$d = 'Delivery Address: ' . $order->delivery['street_address'] . ', ' . $order->delivery['city'] . ', ' . $order->delivery['state'] . '  ' . $order->delivery['postcode'] . '  tel:' . $order->customer['telephone'];
            $p .= '; ' . $d;

$note = htmlentities(trim($order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'] . ' ' . $p . ' ' . STORE_NAME));
    After reviewing it, I figured it makes sense to incorporate this too, so (a modified form of) this is now in v1.0.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Okay, I found a bug in the 1.0 beta. It is in includes\modules\payments\square.php line 664:

Code:
            $oauthApi = new SquareConnect\Api\OAuthApi($this->_sqConfig);
    The OAuthApi class initializes NOT with SquareConfiguration, but rather with ApiClient. See lines 34-45 of includes\classes\vendors\square\connect\lib\Api\OAuthApi.php:

Code:
        /**
         * Constructor
         * @param \SquareConnect\ApiClient|null $apiClient The api client to use
         */
        function __construct($apiClient = null)
        {
            if ($apiClient == null) {
                $apiClient = new ApiClient();
                $apiClient->getConfig()->setHost('https://connect.squareup.com');
            }

$this->apiClient = $apiClient;
        }
    So this is the error that is being thrown by this bug. This is the problem I have been experiencing:

Code:
    [15-Mar-2020 20:47:11 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method SquareConnect\Configuration::callApi() in C:\wamp\www\store\includes\classes\vendors\square\connect\lib\Api\OAuthApi.php:134
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\classes\vendors\square\connect\lib\Api\OAuthApi.php(78): SquareConnect\Api\OAuthApi->obtainTokenWithHttpInfo(Object(SquareConnect\Model\ObtainTokenRequest))
    #1 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\modules\payment\square.php(676): SquareConnect\Api\OAuthApi->obtainToken(Object(SquareConnect\Model\ObtainTokenRequest))
    #2 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\modules\payment\square.php(541): square->renewOAuthToken()
    #3 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\modules\payment\square.php(476): square->token_refresh_check()
    #4 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\modules\payment\square.php(718): square->getAccessToken()
    #5 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\modules\payment\square.php(733): square->getLocationsList()
    #6 C:\wamp\www\store\includes\modules\payment\square.php(1264): square->getLocationsPulldownArray()
    #7 C:\wamp\www\store\wEn-nImda4eman\modules.php(307) : eval()'d code(1): zen_cfg_pull_down_square_locations('', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_...')
    #8 C:\wamp\www\store\wEn-nImda4eman\modules.php(307): eval()
    #9 {main}
      thrown in C:\wamp\www\store\includes\classes\vendors\square\connect\lib\Api\OAuthApi.php on line 134
    I believe I fixed it by modifying line 664 to:

Code:
            $oauthApi = new SquareConnect\Api\OAuthApi($this->_apiConnection);
    Last edited by Fjolsvith; 16 Mar 2020 at 03:31 AM.

Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast