Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Getting similar results on four sites, but sporadically. All four cron settings are exactly the same (Other than the username, of course)

None error every time the cron is run.

One only throws a debug file occasionally.

Two throw no debug files but email with different cron errors. Both are 500 errors with different coding.

One actually resets the mod to false.
    All sites getting this debug file has the files in the required places. The debug happens when the cron job runs in cpanel or when square_handler.php is run from the browser.

An example of the emailed code:
    Code:
    Status: 500 Internal Server ErrorAccess-Control-Allow-Origin: *
    Set-Cookie: **************; domain=.*******.com; secure; HttpOnly
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    This is after the Perl fix.
    Okay, since a 500 is being triggered, what's the PHP error recorded for it?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'square' not found in /home/my_username/public_html/square_handler.php:19
    thrown in /home/my_username/public_html/square_handler.php on line 19

Plugin Contributions

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'square' not found in /home/my_username/public_html/square_handler.php:19
    thrown in /home/my_username/public_html/square_handler.php on line 19
    Thanks FYI & Dr Byte for your replies. After trying a lot of things and hitting brick walls, while I'm not sure if I've resolved the issue...something has changed: I'm no longer getting any emails or error logs when the cron job runs.

I came across an internet reference to running cron jobs with a slightly different command - and that seemed to do the trick:
    /usr/local/bin/php /home/<myUserID>/public_html/square_handler.php
    (with extra text in red compared to Zen Cart info)

A Question: Is there any way to confirm that token has been refreshed (no indicator that I can find in ZC Admin/Square dashboard)? I've set our ISP cPanel to receive an email "every time it runs a command which produces output". So...if there's no email generated and no error log, does that mean I can safely assume the cron job has run - and that no email is normal?

BTW:
    • to try and force some cron job output - I tried (1) adding an extra line to the square_handler.php to force some output
      echo "done";
      , (2) changing setting in Square Config to always send an email (not just logging/emailing on errors) - but neither worked;
    • FYI dbltoe, prior to attempting the solution above, I confirmed that Perl Module for https was installed.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

New topic: while trying to resolve the error log above, I came across this API alert on my Square Dashboard:
    There is a newer version of the Connect APIs available. Please consider upgrading.

Changing your API version may break your implementation. We recommend checking the changelog before upgrading.
    and then the changelog states:

Square-Version: 2018-09-18
    Adds a new Connect v2 API for inventory tracking, and updates the Customers API to support birthdays in customer profiles.
    Obviously a recent change. I haven't clicked the Change Version button yet. Since I may not have even fixed the cron job issue above, I thought I should check back with you experts first for your recommendation - and it may be relevant to other ZC Square users.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GerriM View Post
    New topic: while trying to resolve the error log above, I came across this API alert on my Square Dashboard:
    There is a newer version of the Connect APIs available. Please consider upgrading.

Changing your API version may break your implementation. We recommend checking the changelog before upgrading.
    and then the changelog states:

Square-Version: 2018-09-18
    Adds a new Connect v2 API for inventory tracking, and updates the Customers API to support birthdays in customer profiles.
    Obviously a recent change. I haven't clicked the Change Version button yet. Since I may not have even fixed the cron job issue above, I thought I should check back with you experts first for your recommendation - and it may be relevant to other ZC Square users.
    Not necessary at this time.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I came across an internet reference to running cron jobs with a slightly different command - and that seemed to do the trick:
    /usr/local/bin/php /home/<myUserID>/public_html/square_handler.php
    (with extra text in red compared to Zen Cart info)
    The extra path parameters you added (shown in red) are fine. There's no way for us to know "for sure" what directory PHP is installed in, so the instructions we provide are the most generic, and then if more specificity is required then your own hosting company knows your server best so they should be consulted for that. Setting up and supporting cron jobs is something best done in collaboration with your hosting company.

But adding the specific path to the php binary, as you've done, does control and force the specific version of PHP to be used ... which is generally better.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A Question: Is there any way to confirm that token has been refreshed (no indicator that I can find in ZC Admin/Square dashboard)? I've set our ISP cPanel to receive an email "every time it runs a command which produces output". So...if there's no email generated and no error log, does that mean I can safely assume the cron job has run - and that no email is normal?
    To get descriptive output for debugging, you can TEMPORARILY edit square_handler.php and change line 11, which says:
    Code:
    $verbose = false;
    and change false to true.
    NOTE that this may prevent normal transactions from operating properly until you put it back to false.

With $verbose=true, it will give output with one of:
    not configured = module doesn't have an Application ID set
    failure = token expired more than 15 days ago, or no token available to refresh
    refreshed = the job refreshed the token
    not refreshed = a refresh was attempted, but did not complete properly
    not expired = a token exists but it is younger than 3 weeks old, so no need to refresh

Plugin Contributions

Starting using Square and it seems as if its working, just one question. Is there anyway to fix this or edit the layout of it? Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_127.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	18062

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLawless View Post
    Starting using Square and it seems as if its working, just one question. Is there anyway to fix this or edit the layout of it? Thanks

Name:	Screenshot_127.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	18062
    That seems like a CSS issue with your template. Do you get the same display issue if you enable Authorizenet-AIM module? Which template are you using?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for quick reply. There's no issue when using Authorizenet-AIM. The template im using is a TemplateMonster template called 'Spare Parts Zen Cart'

This is how it looks with Authorizenet-AIM:

Name:	Screenshot_128.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	18063

Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast