Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Since Square has done umpteen API changes since this site was setup, I broached the subject as best I could.
    Things like this have nothing to do with the Square API version.
    In fact typically only major infrastructure changes have anything to do with the API version.
    Usually as long as the Square API is same as the module's API, there's no point fixating on the API version (because using a newer API version will make it mismatch and thus is more likely to cause new problems rather than fix anything). Only exception is if Square has officially stopped responding to that API version ... in which case nothing will be working at all and it would be very obvious (eg: there wouldn't be small anomalies with a couple transactions).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

And, from the customer
    I updated the API and processed a payment. It was correct. I will wait and see what happens in the next Square payment.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I use Square payment module vs1.5. I have just had the below from square. Is there an update to the module coming soon?

We want to remind you that there are a few required steps you need to complete by 1st May 2021 to enable Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) for online payments, as required by the PSD2 (Payment Services Directive 2). If you do not take these steps, you risk facing bank declined payments after 1st May.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post
    I use Square payment module vs1.5. I have just had the below from square. Is there an update to the module coming soon?

We want to remind you that there are a few required steps you need to complete by 1st May 2021 to enable Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) for online payments, as required by the PSD2 (Payment Services Directive 2). If you do not take these steps, you risk facing bank declined payments after 1st May.
    I've just received this email too. Would be good to clarify if SCA is already implemented in the square payment module.

What do you need to do?
    - Businesses and Partners that use Square’s developer products must update their applications to minimise the occurrence of declined payments. This includes those using the Square Payment Form and Connect V2 APIs. To achieve compliance, you are required to update your Square Payment Form integration following this guide.
    - Businesses using Square Online, Square Online Checkout, and Square Invoices do not need to make any changes as the products have been updated to meet SCA requirements and invoke 3DS2 when necessary.

Plugin Contributions

Just adding my name to the list, I received the same email and would also like to know.
    20th Century Glass - Antique & Collectable Glass Store

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnjlarge View Post
    I've just received this email too. Would be good to clarify if SCA is already implemented in the square payment module.

What do you need to do?
    - Businesses and Partners that use Square’s developer products must update their applications to minimise the occurrence of declined payments. This includes those using the Square Payment Form and Connect V2 APIs. To achieve compliance, you are required to update your Square Payment Form integration following this guide.
    - Businesses using Square Online, Square Online Checkout, and Square Invoices do not need to make any changes as the products have been updated to meet SCA requirements and invoke 3DS2 when necessary.
    Same had this email is the current plugin OK to use?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Short answer: no, as of today March 31 2021 the Square module (currently at v1.5) doesn't yet support SCA or PSD2.

It's on a long list of things that all claim to be "urgent" and "time sensitive" but there are only so many hours in a day, and I have to spend time on paid projects as first priority.

Note: SCA is presently primarily for the European market, but associated technologies like 3D Secure v2 and other PSD2 features are being explored globally.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Short answer: no, as of today March 31 2021 the Square module (currently at v1.5) doesn't yet support SCA or PSD2.

It's on a long list of things that all claim to be "urgent" and "time sensitive" but there are only so many hours in a day, and I have to spend time on paid projects as first priority.

Note: SCA is presently primarily for the European market, but associated technologies like 3D Secure v2 and other PSD2 features are being explored globally.
    I hope it can be integrated in the near future, but fully understand paid work comes first.

Since switching our small family business website over to square six months ago, our customers have really appreciated it. We now process hardly any payments via paypal like we used to. Plus the fees are so much cheaper.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have just received this from square and I ask if anyone can sort this for us Square users. I am willing to pay if needed

If you do not take these steps by 1st June, your customers will likely face bank declined payments and chargebacks. This deadline is to help you avoid an influx of customer disputes and negative feedback.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post
    Hi, I have just received this from square and I ask if anyone can sort this for us Square users. I am willing to pay if needed

If you do not take these steps by 1st June, your customers will likely face bank declined payments and chargebacks. This deadline is to help you avoid an influx of customer disputes and negative feedback.
    Also had this email from Square. Any news on when the ZC pligin will be updated? Really don't want to have to go back to PayPal & losing those customers/bsuinesses that won't pay with paypal, especially now everything is so much harder since the world went crazy.

The new email seems a litle more urgent.

This is the final reminder that there are a few required steps you need to complete by 1st June 2021 to protect your customers from bank declined payments and chargebacks.

Why? As required by the Payment Services Regulations 2017, all businesses offering online card payments on their website or app must use at least two methods of authentication to verify payments. This is intended to enhance the security of electronic payments and limit fraud during the checkout.

What do I do? Businesses and Partners that use Square’s developer products must update their Square Payment Form integration following this guide. This includes those using the Square Payment Form and Connect V2 APIs. Businesses using Square Online, Square Online Checkout and Square Invoices do not need to make any changes.

What if I miss the deadline? If you do not take these steps by 1st June, your customers will likely face bank declined payments and chargebacks. This deadline is to help you avoid an influx of customer disputes and negative feedback.

Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast