Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Thank you Dr.Byte for your replay.
    Square Payments Module 0.90
    I believe that Square is able to set the new access token (I can see that "Token set. You may now continue configuring the module" message is displayed) however I don't know if square_handler.php is changed.
    Could it be because the site only is SSL secured at log-in/registration (not the full site)?
    Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    @RobRiv,
    Which version of the Square module do you have installed? (It should say in the top of the right-hand-sidebar.)

If the "access token needed" won't go away, even after pressing Refresh in your browser, it suggests that Square isn't able to reach the square_handler.php file on your server in order to set the new access token. This can happen if there is no SSL (https) on your site. It can also happen if you've got URL-rewriting happening that's intercepting the incoming request.
    @DrByte
    Could it be because the site only is SSL secured at log-in/registration (not the full site)?
    Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

We've been using square for a few months now, and so far so good on the web end accepting card payments. On our square dashboard however all transactions appear as unknown, meaning no customer is created at all, no card is tied to the customer, etc, which presents a set of problems in trying to match the purchases with the clients, adding or swapping products to already placed orders and charging the corresponding credit card, etc. It was my understanding the client information was captured and stored in square's dashboard during the processing of the card, but it's not so.

Could you clarify how the capturing of the payment is done in terms of storing the customer's info directly on square dashboard?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Trying to have this module working.
    After following all instructions still "Access token needed" doesn't go away.
    Looked at log and have the following message: "PHP Warning: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when an open_basedir is set"
    No idea how to fix this. Anyone?
    Thks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    We've been using square for a few months now, and so far so good on the web end accepting card payments. On our square dashboard however all transactions appear as unknown, meaning no customer is created at all, no card is tied to the customer, etc, which presents a set of problems in trying to match the purchases with the clients, adding or swapping products to already placed orders and charging the corresponding credit card, etc. It was my understanding the client information was captured and stored in square's dashboard during the processing of the card, but it's not so.

Could you clarify how the capturing of the payment is done in terms of storing the customer's info directly on square dashboard?
    At the present time, in v0.9 of the module, there is no creation of customers into your Square account.
    I had thought that the transaction-id was available in both places though. Hmmm...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RobRiv View Post
    Looked at log and have the following message: "PHP Warning: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when an open_basedir is set"
    Not sure why hundreds of others using Square aren't complaining of the same issue.

Most hosts who set the open_basedir parameter are doing it for security reasons, so I doubt your host will change that for you.
    As an alternative you could alter the PHP code by adding // as shown here:

/includes/modules/payment/square.php, lines 521 and 625:
    Code:
    //        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

At the present time, in v0.9 of the module, there is no creation of customers into your Square account.
    I had thought that the transaction-id was available in both places though. Hmmm...
    Unless I'm missing something, no, the transaction ID is not in both places, nor I have found a way to search for it in our square dashboard. We can only refund the customer, but cannot adjust orders up if needed.

Would the creation of the customer in full with the CC number, and Apple Pay be included in future versions of the plugin?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure why hundreds of others using Square aren't complaining of the same issue.

Most hosts who set the open_basedir parameter are doing it for security reasons, so I doubt your host will change that for you.
    As an alternative you could alter the PHP code by adding // as shown here:

/includes/modules/payment/square.php, lines 521 and 625:
    Code:
    //        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
    Thank you DrByte.
    Made changes to square.php as indicated and curl_ error no longer appears. Still however, "Access token needed" doesn't go away.
    I noticed that you commented lines 521 and 625; in my version of square.php lines are 540 and 602; may be there is something affecting there?
    Version is latest from plugins (V.9).
    Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte.
    Made changes to square.php as indicated and curl_ error no longer appears. Still however, "Access token needed" doesn't go away.
    Hmmm

I noticed that you commented lines 521 and 625; in my version of square.php lines are 540 and 602; may be there is something affecting there?
    Version is latest from plugins (V.9).
    I think I was quoting from v0.91 which is built-in to v1.5.5f
    I don't have my tools with me to do a proper comparison at the moment, so I can't speak to whether any differences are significant in your case.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart version: 1.5.5f
    Plugin version: 0.91 and 0.90
    Template used: Fidelity
    Issue: unable to enter credit card information, there are no fields to type in

I looked at the FAQ, which says
    Code:
    If you find the input fields for credit card numbers are flat with no text box to type into, this typically means you're missing the jscript_square.php file as described earlier in the Installation Instructions.

Or you've got a firewall or browser plugin blocking access to Square's javascript code.

Or you've got a plugin having jQuery conflicts.
    I am not missing the "jscript_square.php" file. It is in the correct location as per the PHP Files section of the Square Payments for Zen Cart page.

I ran it in an incognito tab (no browser plugins) and on my mobile phone with wireless turned off (no firewall).

I do not see any indication of jQuery conflicts.

I switched to the Responsive Classic template and the Classic Contemporary Green template and experienced the same issue.

Not realizing until the last post that 0.91 is included with 1.5.5f, I downloaded and uploaded the files for 0.90 and saw the same behavior.

I know a lot of other people have this installed and working without issue. What am I doing wrong? If you want to see it, the site is https://www.yaybeads.biz.

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast