Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by John Large View Post
    Also had this email from Square. Any news on when the ZC pligin will be updated? Really don't want to have to go back to PayPal & losing those customers/bsuinesses that won't pay with paypal, especially now everything is so much harder since the world went crazy.

The new email seems a litle more urgent.
    It seems to me to be less urgent. The deadline for the first warning was 1st May, now we have until 1st June - not sure what the final deadline will be. The Devs will be all over this, no doubt.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    It seems to me to be less urgent. The deadline for the first warning was 1st May, now we have until 1st June - not sure what the final deadline will be. The Devs will be all over this, no doubt.
    The date is less pressing I admit, allowing an extra month for implementation, but the fact that they are now saying
    "What if I miss the deadline? If you do not take these steps by 1st June, your customers will likely face bank declined payments and chargebacks."
    is quite concerning. If these chargebacks happen after goods are dispatched it will be quite easy to run up losses. They aren't clear at what stage this chargeback will happen. This line specifically is concerning

This deadline is to help you avoid an influx of customer disputes and negative feedback.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "will likely face bank declined payments and chargebacks" line is indeed alarmist wording.

It would be more accurate to replace "and chargebacks" with "and you won't benefit from the chargeback protection that the SCA policies will give you", because customers will have already been required by their bank to provide their own personal password for their credit card during their actual purchase.

I'm not denying that it's a bad situation.
    An upgrade is needed. Just requires time to spend on it. And may require using only the latest Zen Cart version (ie: might be hard to backport to older versions).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Out of curiosity, does anyone else get an excessive amount of payment declines with this module?

Specifically, I tend to get alot of declines with people trying to use visa debit cards or mastercard debit cards. Or is this just a quirk of how these types of "hybrid" cards just don't count as credit cards on Square's end?

I still regularly get declines from US-based customers using US-based credit cards who I then have to instruct to contact their CC issuer to allow international transactions, then after they do so, their cards work, but that's just a US CC issuer security measure that's been killing sales regularly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Northfur View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone else get an excessive amount of payment declines with this module?

Specifically, I tend to get alot of declines with people trying to use visa debit cards or mastercard debit cards. Or is this just a quirk of how these types of "hybrid" cards just don't count as credit cards on Square's end?

I still regularly get declines from US-based customers using US-based credit cards who I then have to instruct to contact their CC issuer to allow international transactions, then after they do so, their cards work, but that's just a US CC issuer security measure that's been killing sales regularly.
    Hi

Don't know if "excessive" is the word, but certainly we've seen quite a few. I'm Australian based and have had numerous complaints from overseas customers unable to pay. While some have been US based, pretty sure I've had European as well.

That said it doesn't seem as bad as when we used paypal.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a reason why square refunds are not recorded in the square_payment table on the database? It makes it hard to reconcile order details with the square information.
    Another thing that might me useful would be to add the transaction amount similar to paypal.
    Then if you really wanted to make it easy you could complete the action field with sale or refund.
    Finally I noticed that transaction_id and tender_id are now stored in payment_id and sq_order. I assume this is a permanent change?
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

I've tried re-styling the input fields of the square up module as it says here https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-for-Zen-Cart

"The styling of the Square input fields is different from the rest of my payment input fields."
    The module contains some CSS markup in the very bottom of the /includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment/jscript_square.php file, intended to create uniformity for the custom fields Square creates. For 99% of stores you will NOT need to change this; but in rare cases you may want to alter this CSS slightly to suit your needs.

However it is not seeing the updated styles?

My styles are below:

HTML Code:
    <style title="square styles">.paymentInput {display:inline;font-size:1em;margin:0 0.1em 10px 0;height:35px;padding-left:5px;width:50%;border-style:solid;border-radius:3px;border-color:#333333;border-width:1px;}.paymentInput {background-color: white;border-style:solid;border-radius:3px;border-color:#333333;border-width:1px;}.paymentInput--error {color: red; border-color: red;}</style>
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes I forget to clear my cache after changes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Sometimes I forget to clear my cache after changes.
    I've tried that

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    I've tried that
    I've also tried it in a different browser and they are still the same as the default styles

Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast