Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Hi:

I agree with you that it does not seem to be an issue with Square making the admin/customers/orders/edit screen incorrect.

When the sale goes though in U.S. dollars the admin/customers/orders/edit screen is correct and everything is fine.

When I have a sale in Canadian funds the admin/customers/orders/edit screen is wrong.

The product description line with pricing is correct in Canadian dollars.

The Subtotal line is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

The shipping cost line is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

The sales tax line is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

The Grand Total amount is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

Square is taking the Grand Total amount from the admin/customers/order/edit order screen as the amount to pay in Canadian dollars, since the purchase was made in Canadian dollars.

This is off by the difference in the conversion rate between USD and CDN.

Is there a way to either correct the admin/customers/orders/edit screen or get Square to take the payment amount from the admin/customers/orders/invoice screen. The invoice screen is correct.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A few days ago I did some testing with this on a store configured with USD as primary currency.
    When I placed an order as a customer using CAD currency, the Admin displays all amounts in CAD as calculated at the time the order was placed.
    In the Square data (gray box) Square reports that it charged a certain USD equivalent on the specified day.

The rest of the Admin order details page shows everything in CAD, since that's what got stored in the database when the order was placed.

I don't think Square is causing any issues here at all.

Are you saying you wish that the Admin forced all prices back to your primary USD amount, instead of displaying what the customer purchased it as? I think that's a bigger challenge ... again, a separate discussion from Square, as I think the same behavior happens regardless which payment module is in use.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte:

I am using Zen Cart version 1.5.4.

On my install the admin/customers/orders/edit screen has always been wonky.

When the sale goes though in U.S. dollars the admin/customers/orders/edit screen is correct and everything is fine.

When I have a sale in Canadian funds the admin/customers/orders/edit screen is incorrect.

The product description line with pricing is correct in Canadian dollars.

The Subtotal line is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

The shipping cost line is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

The sales tax line is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

The Grand Total amount is incorrect. The price is displayed converted to U.S. dollars.

I believe Square took the grand total amount for payment, but treated it as if it was Canadian funds. This made the payment incorrect by the amount of the currency conversion.

After posting my problem on the Square Payment Module forum, I reevaluated what had happened and thought that fixing my admin/customers/orders/edit screen may be a better approach to the problem.

I posted my issue about the admin/customers/orders/edit screen on the Managing Customers and Orders forum and mc12345678 helped me change the code for the admin/orders.php file which resolved the issue. The admin/customers/orders/edit screen now is correct in either USD or CDN.

I have not had time to retest the Square module yet to confirm that this change has corrected the issue. I will try to do that today.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I will report back when I have retested the Square payments.

Dave H.

Plugin Contributions

If I may again weigh in on the discussion and somewhat importantly the terminology.

The statement that the amount is "wrong" perhaps comes from the equivalent display of a currency symbol between US and CAD (would suggest adding an identifier to each if both currencies are going to be used within the same store by way of the currencies portion of the admin). Reason being, the amounts are not incorrect as displayed, they are mis-understood.

As to how they are displayed differently or mixed within a purchase, a similar "issue" was seen using a different payment processor where the payment processor setup allowed the currency to be collected and remain in the "alternate" or selected currency. Ie. A payment made in Canadian dollars (CAD) would be "stored" to remain in CAD unless requested to be converted to another currency. The same was possible for whatever currency was accepted by the payment processor and as handled by the account holder. This allows the store to "dictate" the conversion rate, but collect and keep the funds in the paid for currency. At a later time the funds could be converted by the payment processor or used as provided to perform a transaction.

Now I just looked at the setup options available in the 0.90 version of this module within ZC, but that side of the payment module does not offer settings like described above of "choosing" which currency in which to collect and store the money provided by a customer.

That said though, when using PayPal express where the currency selection was chosen to be the selected currency, then the mixed content of currencies on the order's edit screen had been seen (ultimately prompting a change in payment acceptance to Only {the currency primary to the store} as there has not been a need to maintain funds in alternate currencies).

As DrByte has run at least one test condition of a purchase in a currency that was not the primary currency of the store and the display of information about the order is consistent throughout the order's edit screen, I am not sure that the problem described can even be made visible with this payment gateway perhaps unless somehow multiple accounts are able to be active selected by the location of the purchaser and the data reported back to the store in a "mixed" state which is then captured/displayed as identified. Remember the "currency" was chosen by the location of the individual not necessarily by changing the selected currency. The test purchase above shows FL tax being applied in a CAD purchase which itself seems a little odd, but possible based on setup and testing within the store. Regardless I don't know the complete configuration of either of those two stores to necessarily cause the explained result. I do know that I have seen the condition described and was able to track down the difference in code that permitted the difference in display. I believe though that the difference in display (again now that have seen the image provided by DrByte I would suggest changing something about the currency indicator to improve clarity when two or more currencies sharing the same symbol are used in a single store) is important to be provided somewhere on the page (note the example provided by DrByte still shows both the "paid for" currency as well as the converted to currency with what appears to be a conversion rate determined primarily by square although would say that there is a bit of a mix of square and ZC involved which perhaps is not fully captured in square.)

Anyways the thread where a code modification was provided was here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Orders-Screen
    As described I don't necessarily think that the modification is the right thing for everyone and don't really see a problem with the potential different display provided there is some understanding (preferably visual) of what is being shown.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I've had this payment module running nicely now for a month or two. Definitely prefer it over PayPal that I was using previously. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to modify the module to send the customer/cardholder name to Square. All the payments come through as "Unknown Name" in the square dashboard. It would be very handy to have the customer's name or the cardholder name for bookkeeping purposes in Square. I'm curious as to whether the module is already supposed to do this and it's just not working in my installation of it or whether this is functionality that could be added. I'm willing to tinker if I knew where to start.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

I believe that's something you need to take up with the folks at Square.

They would never process a card without the cardholder's name so, they must have it. If it doesn't show up in your Square report, it's probably because their system is not coded to do it.

Plugin Contributions

I believe it's a security/data protection thing. I have a Square and an iZettle account and the latter also omits customers names.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    I've had this payment module running nicely now for a month or two. Definitely prefer it over PayPal that I was using previously. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to modify the module to send the customer/cardholder name to Square. All the payments come through as "Unknown Name" in the square dashboard. It would be very handy to have the customer's name or the cardholder name for bookkeeping purposes in Square. I'm curious as to whether the module is already supposed to do this and it's just not working in my installation of it or whether this is functionality that could be added. I'm willing to tinker if I knew where to start.
    Not sure if it'll make a difference, but you could add the first_name parameter to accompany the last_name parameter here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...quare.php#L288

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone.

We received an order today. The client paid by CC through Square which generated this weird email.

PHP Code:
    Jan-09-2018 12:41:20
    =================================

Error DumpstdClass Object
    (
        [
    errors] => Array
            (
                [
    0] => stdClass Object

(
                        [
    category] => PAYMENT_METHOD_ERROR

[code] => CARD_DECLINED

[detail] => Card declined.
                    )

)

)

Transaction ID assigned
    Sent to Square: Array
    (
        [
    idempotency_key] => XXXXXXXXXX

[card_nonce] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[amount_money] => Array
            (
                [
    amount] => 91800

[currency] => USD

)

[
    delay_capture] => 1

[reference_id] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[note] => By Valenti Organics

[customer_id] => 12

[buyer_email_address] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[billing_address] => Array
            (
                [
    address_line] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[address_line_2] => 
                [
    locality] => ##########

[administrative_district_level_1] =>  ##########

[postal_code] => 00000

[country] => AE

[last_name] => salim

[organization] => 
            )

[
    shipping_address] => Array
            (
                [
    address_line] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[address_line_2] => 
                [
    locality] => ##########

[administrative_district_level_1] =>  ##########

[postal_code] => 00000

[country] => AE

[last_name] => salim

[organization] => 
            )

)

Results Received back from Square: Array (
        [
    402] => [HTTP/1.1 402 Payment Required] {"errors":[{"category":"PAYMENT_METHOD_ERROR","code":"CARD_DECLINED","detail":"Card declined."}]}

The amount in US $862.05 yet the amount in the email is wrong.
    The order seems to have gone through just fine by the way.

Any ideas why this email was generated??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That error occurred when the customer attempted a payment which was declined, exactly as the message says.

You said that an order came through later, so most likely the customer chose a different credit card to complete their purchase.

Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast