Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

When receiving payments via Square, the credit card owner line is blank on the order details screen. Also, when viewing the transaction on Square, the credit card owner line is also blank. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccscreen.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	18648

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post
    Square did not say but emailing them would probably clarify for you
    Seems the PSD2 deadline that has been pushed out from 14 September 2019 to March 2021 is only for the UK.
    What a mess this is.....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    When the module in your store Admin says "(Access Token needed)", it's because the OAuth token has NOT been successfully obtained from Square.

For the OAuth token to be obtained, the following (as documented in the installation instructions) must be in place:

a) square_handler.php must be on your server. It should be in the same directory as ipn_main_handler.php already exists.
    b) the correct URL pointing to square_handler.php on your site must be entered into your Square's account OAuth Redirect URL setting.
    c) click on the button to initiate the process of requesting a token. This will open a browser window to Square, and if you're not already logged in there, will ask for credentials.
    d) After Square verifies the supplied credentials, it will show an almost-blank page with a small redirection message, before the window closes automatically.
    e) Within 0-5 seconds after that almost-blank window closes, Square should have automatically sent a message to the OAuth Redirect URL (your square_handler.php file), which will read and validate Square's response, and update the token in your store. This happens automatically, and 99% of the time happens in less than 1 second.
    f) Now refreshing your Zen Cart Admin screen will show that the "Get Token" button has disappeared, as well as the "(Access Token needed)" message.
    The module is now fully functional.

Common causes of problems with this:
    a) didn't upload square_handler.php
    b) put square_handler.php into the wrong directory. It belongs in the "root" of your store's folders. For reference, "ipn_main_handler.php" also exists in this directory.)
    c) didn't put the OAuth Redirect URL into Square's settings, or mistyped it.

Less common, but possible causes:
    a) you've got URL-rewriting rules set up in .htaccess or nginx, which are disallowing square_handler.php to be reached, probably because you're redirecting those requests to some other URL/file. Fix: allow square_handler.php to accessed directly. You could clone any rules for ipn_main_handler.php for square_handler.php, as a starting point.

b) you're running on a test site using a fake/unreachable URL, according to Square's servers. Fix by using a real live website.

c) you're running behind a firewall that's got aggressive restrictions on which files are allowed to be accessed. This is simple. Just tell the firewall to allow normal port 443 access to square_handler.php .... just like any other file on a website should be able to do. Nothing special here.

I have done C, and it opens a new page that says this "Missing client by that `client_id`" also know that I have made sure that everything is where it is supposed to be etc. I am very new to using zencart and all things ecommerce.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Seems the PSD2 deadline that has been pushed out from 14 September 2019 to March 2021 is only for the UK.
    What a mess this is.....
    Latest mail from Square suggest that there is a deadline of 31 December 2019.
    Hello,
    We have an important update regarding Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and the Square Payment Form.
    In order to comply with SCA, we now require that customer names be passed via the SqContact.givenName field when a SqContact is added to SqVerificationDetails. To avoid integration errors, please update your code to pass this field before 31 December 2019.
    Did you know?
    billingContact fields are optional—with the exception of the required givenName field. However, to reduce the chance that a buyer will be challenged, the fields should be set with as much billing contact information as your app can provide.
    You can read more about this on the Square Payment Form documentation that shows how to Verify a Buyer When Using a Nonce and Verify the Buyer in a Card-on-File Charge. Let us know by contacting Developers API Support if you have any questions about implementing this important update.
    You can read about Square’s support for SCA here, and if you have questions, please contact developer support.
    Thanks,

The Square Team

Payments processed by Squareup Europe Ltd.
    © 2019 Squareup International Ltd.
    Fumbally Square, Fumbally Lane,Dublin 8, Ireland
    Unsubscribe or manage your preferences
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

I am attempting to set this payment module up on a site, but I do not see it in the payment modules menu. I downloaded the latest archive, uploaded the necessary files to the website directory (and verified they were uploaded), but still do not see the module. In searching this thread, I cam across someone else with the same issue that resolved it by adding an 'AddHandler application/...' line to their .htaccess. That line already exists in my .htaccess for my PHP version, it was applied by my webhost when I upgraded PHP a while back across my entire hosting account to 7.2.

I am running Zen Cart v1.5.6c, PHP v7.2, and Square Payments module v0.97. This is what I see when I go to Payment->Modules.

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-12-09 18-34-14.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	18751

The only thing I am seeing in the debug logs even remotely related are messages pertaining to 'authorizenet_echeck' and 'linkpoint_api', nothing at all about square:

Code:
    [09-Dec-2019 23:44:22 UTC] Request URI: /zcadmin/modules.php?set=payment, IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    #1  include(/home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php) called at [/home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/zcadmin/modules.php:192]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 17.

[09-Dec-2019 23:44:22 UTC] Request URI: /zcadmin/modules.php?set=payment, IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    #1  authorizenet_echeck->__construct() called at [/home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/zcadmin/modules.php:196]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 75.

#1  authorizenet_echeck->__construct() called at [/home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/zcadmin/modules.php:196]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 92.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_ORDER_STATUS_ID - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_ORDER_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 95.

[09-Dec-2019 23:44:22 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 308

--> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 308.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by radiowave911 View Post
    I am attempting to set this payment module up on a site, but I do not see it in the payment modules menu. I downloaded the latest archive, uploaded the necessary files to the website directory (and verified they were uploaded), but still do not see the module. In searching this thread, I cam across someone else with the same issue that resolved it by adding an 'AddHandler application/...' line to their .htaccess. That line already exists in my .htaccess for my PHP version, it was applied by my webhost when I upgraded PHP a while back across my entire hosting account to 7.2.

I am running Zen Cart v1.5.6c, PHP v7.2, and Square Payments module v0.97. This is what I see when I go to Payment->Modules.

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-12-09 18-34-14.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	18751

The only thing I am seeing in the debug logs even remotely related are messages pertaining to 'authorizenet_echeck' and 'linkpoint_api', nothing at all about square:

Code:
    #1  include(/home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php) called at [/home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/zcadmin/modules.php:192]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 17.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 75.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 92.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_ORDER_STATUS_ID - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_ECHECK_ORDER_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php on line 95.

[09-Dec-2019 23:44:22 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 308

--> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/tim/yeworkshoppe.com/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php on line 308.
    The linkpoint_api software wasn't upgraded for the more current PHP software and in fact was not included in ZC 1.5.6. The files includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php and language file associated: includes/languages/english/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php should be removed from the loading sequence. If the remainder of the payment options do not again appear, check for additional/new mydebug logs. Obviously there are still going to be issues with authorizenet_echeck.php until those are addressed as well, but for now they are just warnings not fatal errors.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. That got the module to display, now I am encountering another issue.

I went through the steps to set up an application in Square, grabbed the application sandbox ID and the application oauth secret. They were entered into the appropriate location in the configuration, and the configuration saved. There is a 'Location ID' dropdown in the configuration, however there is nothing there. Is this normal?

When I click the green bar to log in and authorize the account, I get a message from oauth2 at squareup "Missing client by that 'client_id'". In the URL, the client ID is the sandbox client ID I copied from the application. I am thinking this may be a Square issue, not an issue with the module but I am not entirely certain.

Plugin Contributions

I think I figured it out. For some reason, the sandbox is not working correctly to recognize the ID. I switched to the production settings, updated the application ID and the OAUTH secret, and all seems to be well now. Since this is a slow store, I need to get the cron job I read about set up to keep the tokens current. Thanks again for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by edadk View Post
    When receiving payments via Square, the credit card owner line is blank on the order details screen. Also, when viewing the transaction on Square, the credit card owner line is also blank. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Name:	ccscreen.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	18648
    I didn't realize this could be the reason why on my square's account all transactions say Unknown. Has anyone figure out how to add the credit card owner field to the form?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    ... on my square's account all transactions say Unknown. Has anyone figure out how to add the credit card owner field to the form?
    The customer's name is transmitted with the payment, but Square doesn't display it in their dashboard.

I think getting it to display requires injecting your customer into your Square account whenever a sale is made, then linking an order to that customer, and then linking the payment to that customer+order. That's gonna require a notable reworking of the Square module. It's on the radar but no date has been set for working on that yet.

I'm prepping for an update that improves other underlying components to be compatible with Square's latest updates. This update will also increase some of the data transmitted, but I don't expect it will fix the "Unknown" label you mentioned.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast