Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

On a checkout page with multiple payment options I was looking into a way to tidy it up by hiding the Square Payments credit card info until that payment type was selected. Having tinkered around with some javascript and given the console error messages I get, am I right in assuming that Square requires the credit card fields to be visible i.e. not hidden by css?

Edit: just realised those were console warnings not errors, so that may not be the reason my edits are not working. However, being warnings I guess my question still stands.
    Last edited by simon1066; 28 May 2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Simon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Short answer: I don't know.
    Longer answer: They probably don't enforce it one way or the other.

If toggling display "is not working" for you, then you're probably not targeting the right DOM object, or you need another one to nest things into.

With Square each of those inputs is its own frame, and you can't control the contents of that frame using CSS. But you can control a wrapper that contains them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I seem to have it working smoothly now by putting the site on a different server running Linux instead of Windows. I'm trying to figure out how to issue a refund for an order or a portion of an order. The blurb says that when I'm viewing an order there should be a refund button and I'm not seeing it. Has anyone got a screen shot or a click by click walk through for me?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by billsey5 View Post
    OK, I seem to have it working smoothly now by putting the site on a different server running Linux instead of Windows. I'm trying to figure out how to issue a refund for an order or a portion of an order. The blurb says that when I'm viewing an order there should be a refund button and I'm not seeing it. Has anyone got a screen shot or a click by click walk through for me?
    billsey,
    In order to issue an refund you must go through the Admin. Go to the customers order you should able click on a button to refund.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Doing a refund in the Admin:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Square refund dialog in ZC admin order screen.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	17880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Square partial refund.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	17881

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I'm not seeing that entire middle section.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	17882

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It seems that the transaction id being returned from Square is longer than it was when we first started storing those responses in order for this admin refund feature to "find" the detail.
    Version 0.94 and newer will detect and fix the storage for future transactions. Unfortunately not able to lookup prior transactions between when Square changed it and when v0.94 fixes it. (older transactions prior to the change should show up for refunds fine, if they're within the allowed # of days where refunds are permitted)

You can apply the fix yourself by going to Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patch
    and pasting in the following:
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE square_payments MODIFY transaction_id varchar(255) NOT NULL;
    This will allow future transactions to be remembered and the refund option should show again.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I've made the change (had to prefix the table name with zen_ to match my configuration) and will upgrade to 0.94 when possible. I'm still on 0.90 I think.

Plugin Contributions

In our experience, the worst that has happened from just dropping the new files over the old is that one user had to log in to Square to update. That customer was at 9.0 but I didn't notice if the "yellow light" was on before the drop (ftp).

There's more to this than the database table settings. While they may not currently effect performance, we prefer to keep shipping and payment as current and correct as possible.

Plugin Contributions

So pretty much just upload the new build over the old one and it does any database changes for you? That sounds easy enough. :)

Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast