Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Any error in input of the cc data is handled by https://js.squareup.com/v2/paymentform which is linked to from jscript_square.php.
    How can I change the language of the error messages? Error messages are
    • Credit card number is not valid
    • CVV is not valid
    • Expiration date is not valid

I need Japanese.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by todoonada View Post
    Any error in input of the cc data is handled by https://js.squareup.com/v2/paymentform which is linked to from jscript_square.php.
    How can I change the language of the error messages? Error messages are
    • Credit card number is not valid
    • CVV is not valid
    • Expiration date is not valid

I need Japanese.
    I asked Square about it, and they said:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquareSupport
    Currently all payment form errors are returned in English; we don’t offer any translations at this time, so it would be up to you to provide those translations if needed
    So I guess that means needing to write some custom javascript, which you'd fire from jscript_square.php before the paymentform js is loaded.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Great work on the Square module! Thank you!

When Square is updating their API (which they did quite often in 2019), can I usually update without worrying or is there a good chance that the Zen Cart module will not work anymore?
    Zen Cart can only implement the features it knows about, which is done in conjunction with the actual API SDK files distributed with the module. You could find yourself having problems if you mismatch them.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    The customer's name is transmitted with the payment, but Square doesn't display it in their dashboard.

I think getting it to display requires injecting your customer into your Square account whenever a sale is made, then linking an order to that customer, and then linking the payment to that customer+order. That's gonna require a notable reworking of the Square module. It's on the radar but no date has been set for working on that yet.
    Would it be possible to display a field in the form instead? that way we store owners could also verify that information when processing the order. We had some quite serious problems in the past 2 years where a few of our customers were using their spouses/ex-spouses/boyfriends credit cards without their authorization (or so the credit card owners claimed) to place orders on our website, which we had to refund as they ended up being unauthorized. We lost the products and the funds, so not cool. Having a field in the form to verify the name on the card would at least provide a certain level of security for merchants (somewhat).

I looked into the square developer and I found (not that I even pretend to know anything about it) a the cardholder_name parameter https://developer.squareup.com/refer...-customer-card
    Could this be incorporated?

Thank you for all you do, and for looking into this.
    As far as having that data show on Square's end, I believe it's tied to the same thing I mentioned earlier. I think it'll require creating the complete customer record in order to get any of that data to show in their dashboard.

I suppose you could add the custom field to the payment page and make sure the Order class stores it when saving the order, so that in your own Zen Cart admin screens you could access the cardholder name. Again, you wouldn't see it on Square's end though. You'd need to add cc_owner in the various parts of this section of the module: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....php#L166-L257 akin to what's done here in this one: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....php#L222-L318

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I asked Square about it, and they said:

So I guess that means needing to write some custom javascript, which you'd fire from jscript_square.php before the paymentform js is loaded.
    Thank you.
    I tried that changing jscript_square.php. First I made a little test. I changed the line
    console.error("Encountered errors:");
    to
    console.error("Test");

My changed line shows up in the source code of the page, but the console still shows "Encountered errors:" instead of "Test".

Plugin Contributions

I am unable to make this module work and am confronted with the SQ-NONCE-FAILURE error at every turn.

I am running zencart 1.5.6c on php 7.3

I have check and tried all the previous advise in this thread and the Square set up common problems, but still no luck. All files are in the right place, the module is installed and activated with a valid token and date. I also have no js errors... I have even removed my custom js code and just tried with plain jquery (deferred and not).

One thing I have noticed is that in the console the following error is logged...

0: Unable to get property 'SavePersonalAndPaymentData' of undefined or null reference - Autoformfill_ContentScript.js (1,20660)

I am getting a nonce code, I amended the code to log this in the console to ensure one is generated... and even unhid the input field that this is placed in to see it is actually placed in the input field before the submit confinues.... but it just refuses to work.

What else can I try, I have been at this all day, and going crazy
    Last edited by BRDS; 18 Jan 2020 at 07:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried backing off of 7.3? No problems here with 7.2

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    I tried that changing jscript_square.php. First I made a little test. I changed the line
    console.error("Encountered errors:");
    to
    console.error("Test");

My changed line shows up in the source code of the page, but the console still shows "Encountered errors:" instead of "Test".
    I tried again and for some unknown reason it works now. No idea what I did wrong the first time. I did the following quick'n dirty fix:
    After this line in jscript_square.php
    error_html += "<li> " + error.message + " </li>";
    I added
    error_html=error_html.replace("Credit card number is not valid","Translation Text Here");
    error_html=error_html.replace("CVV is not valid","Translation Text Here");
    error_html=error_html.replace("Expiration date is not valid","Translation Text Here");

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    As far as having that data show on Square's end, I believe it's tied to the same thing I mentioned earlier. I think it'll require creating the complete customer record in order to get any of that data to show in their dashboard.

I suppose you could add the custom field to the payment page and make sure the Order class stores it when saving the order, so that in your own Zen Cart admin screens you could access the cardholder name. Again, you wouldn't see it on Square's end though. You'd need to add cc_owner in the various parts of this section of the module: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....php#L166-L257 akin to what's done here in this one: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....php#L222-L318
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Dr Byte! I don't mind if it doesn't show on Square's end, as long as I have that information on my own Zen Cart admin screens prior to processing the order. If I get it working I'll share what I've done, which I'm sure will need some corrections from the masters

Do I understand correctly that there is no address verification service (AVS) with Square?
    Doug Kerfoot
    KeyLlama.com

Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast