Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Looks like Square is having some major issues at the moment.
    I have been trying to test the newer APIs since twitchtoo mentioned 0.97 (which I am on still) works with the latest API.

I can say that the latest API (2020-05-28) gives communications error when I try to use it ("Square will be right back"),
    but that the one I originally used (2019-06-12) still works, although the 502 errors from Square prevent me from seeing any transactions.

On my test shop I have the payment module set to authorize, so I expect I need to manually capture it in the Square dashboard (there is no such capture in the Zen Cart order screen). At the moment I cannot check that, and it seems Square does not send out any emails on authorized transactions (they do send notification emails for payment transactions that have gone through).
    Last edited by gernot; 28 May 2020 at 07:43 PM.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    ...so I expect I need to manually capture it in the Square dashboard (there is no such capture in the Zen Cart order screen).
    i do not believe this is true. your square order may not be in the right status to do a capture on the ZC admin (or something else). if you search for _doCapt, you can see the modules that have this function, in theory, integrated with the ZC process of capturing a transaction in it.

includes/modules/payment/square_support/square_admin_notification.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php
    includes/modules/payment/square.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet/authorizenet_admin_notification.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypalwpp_admin_notification.php
    admin/orders.php

i have never integrated with square or with a _doCapt, so i have no more info to provide on the topic.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Visit with your host about the 500 error.
    I am getting a totally blank page when using firefox. with Chrome, I get an "i" indicating that the URL is not secure, even though the URL starts with https://.
    In the ZC error log, it says I am passing the wrong number of arguments to Square.

See: [28-May-2020 21:12:54 UTC] Request URI: /adminfolder/orders.php?page=1&oID=1960&action=doCapture, IP address: 173.231.nnn.nnn
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi::completePayment(), 1 passed in /home/xyz/tempcart.m a r i n l a t i n f o o d s.com/includes/modules/payment/square.php on line 1158 and exactly 2 expected in /home/xyz/tempcart.m a r i n l a t i n f o o d s.com/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php:266

So looks like a coding error in the plugin.
    Please advise...
    mrsawyer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i do not believe this is true. your square order may not be in the right status to do a capture on the ZC admin (or something else). if you search for _doCapt, you can see the modules that have this function, in theory, integrated with the ZC process of capturing a transaction in it.

includes/modules/payment/square_support/square_admin_notification.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php
    includes/modules/payment/square.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet/authorizenet_admin_notification.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypalwpp_admin_notification.php
    admin/orders.php

i have never integrated with square or with a _doCapt, so i have no more info to provide on the topic.

best.
    Hi carlwhat,
    Thanks for the information.
    I checked again today (https://jp.issquareup.com still shows Square as having serious issues) and could at least see my transactions in the dashboard this time. And I could do a refund on my test transaction there.

Then, when I logged into my ZenCart testshop admin again and looked at the order, lo and behold, the expected grey area for handling Square transactions was there!! So I assume that the reason it was not there before was because of transmissions failure to Square.

Now it would be really useful to have an indication of this kind of issue in the Zen Cart order screen (there was no missing space underneath the payment method information with last line "Credit Card Expires: xx/xx" and the start of the Products listing).
    It looks like if there is some communication error that section of the order page is simply not rendered.
    Note that when testing the API versions when I updated to 2020-05-28 I got a transaction error mail with the contents "Square will be right back" but with 2019-06-12 the transaction had gone through (the test transaction under discussion), so maybe the error for the API version was related to the general Square issue and not specifically to the API. I will try again...

Back to the transaction. I tried to do a refund from Zen Cart just to check, and got the expected error(s) in reply (in red at the top of the page) since I had already refunded from the Square dashboard:
    1. Unable to process payment due to a communications error. You may try again or contact us for assistance.
    2. Sorry, the attempted transaction update failed unexpectedly. See logs for details. [REFUND_AMOUNT_INVALID: The requested refund amount exceeds the amount available to refund. One or more refunds might already have been applied to this payment.]

So that seems to be working fine, and I can delete the test order.

Will report back with more API tests.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

The only Payment Modules I have enabled are Square and PayPal EC. In the Square config in Admin I have,

Set Order Status = Processing [2]

This is not reflected in the Orders Status column of the Payment Modules listing where it is shown as Pending. I have tried switching between various Set Order Status values but Pending still persists.

As changes to the PayPal EC Order Status are reflected in the Orders Status column, I wonder if this is a bug in the Square mod?
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    The only Payment Modules I have enabled are Square and PayPal EC. In the Square config in Admin I have,

Set Order Status = Processing [2]

This is not reflected in the Orders Status column of the Payment Modules listing where it is shown as Pending. I have tried switching between various Set Order Status values but Pending still persists.

As changes to the PayPal EC Order Status are reflected in the Orders Status column, I wonder if this is a bug in the Square mod?
    Now I see, this is normal behaviour. If the Transaction Type is set to Authorize then Pending is the default. Set Order Status is the status of a paid order - as the description states.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

I am not seeing the credit card entry details boxes in safari. Any idea why? Firefox and Chrome seem to be ok though.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 15.50.35.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  25.8 KB
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    I am not seeing the credit card entry details boxes in safari. Any idea why? Firefox and Chrome seem to be ok though.
    The only times I've seen something akin to that are:
    - with Chrome when using a template that's using specialized CSS column directives for responsive controls.
    - or javascript errors blocking the Square calls to build the hosted fields

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    When updating the Square App to the one that matches the latest ZC square plugin, there is a checkbox

Change my webhook endpoints to use this API version
    Should that box be checked or unchecked?
    I've added a note to the Readme:
    "When switching API versions in your Square Dashboard, you can ignore the "Webhooks" switch because this module doesn't use Webhooks presently."

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I have the same/similar issue capturing funds with v1.1 of this mod (PHP v7.2.24, API 2020-3-25). I have a live, authorised, order awaiting capture. Error log is:

Code:
    [17-Apr-2020 14:01:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi::completePayment(), 1 passed in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php on line 1158 and exactly 2 expected in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php:266
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php(1158): SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi->completePayment('[simon1066_string_hidden]...')
    #1 /home/mydomain/public_html/myadmin/orders.php(285): square->_doCapt('1275', 'Complete', '2.5000', 'GBP')
    #2 {main}
      thrown in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php on line 266

[17-Apr-2020 14:01:51 UTC] Request URI: /myadmin/orders.php?page=1&oID=1275&action=doCapture, IP address: 11.222.333.444
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi::completePayment(), 1 passed in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php on line 1158 and exactly 2 expected in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php:266
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php(1158): SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi->completePayment('[simon1066_string_hidden]...')
    #1 /home/mydomain/public_html/myadmin/orders.php(285): square->_doCapt('1275', 'Complete', '2.5000', 'GBP')
    #2 {main}
      thrown in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php on line 266.
    If I have to revert to v1.0 will it affect the order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphoric View Post
    Had some issues using 1.1.

Seemed to authorize transactions but in admin it would just load a blank page on capture; and not actually capture. Server php is 7.0, zen cart version is 1.5.6c, and the square API is set to 2020-3-25.

Gives me a warning then a error:
    Code:
    PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi::completePayment(), called in /public_html/includes/modules/payment/square.php on line 1158 and defined in /public_html/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php on line 266.

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Missing the required parameter $body when calling completePayment in /public_html/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php:292

I cant remember which version I tried to upgrade from, But 1.1 will not capture transactions. To get 1.1 to function at all I had to uninstall and reinstall the module.

I uninstalled 1.1 module -I downloaded 1.0, overwrote all files and its working.

I'm not sure what is going on between to two versions, But Ill keep a eye out for this token refresh bug for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsawyer View Post
    I am getting a totally blank page when using firefox. with Chrome, I get an "i" indicating that the URL is not secure, even though the URL starts with https://.
    In the ZC error log, it says I am passing the wrong number of arguments to Square.

See: [28-May-2020 21:12:54 UTC] Request URI: /adminfolder/orders.php?page=1&oID=1960&action=doCapture, IP address: 173.231.nnn.nnn
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function SquareConnect\Api\PaymentsApi::completePayment(), 1 passed in /home/xyz/tempcart.m a r i n l a t i n f o o d s.com/includes/modules/payment/square.php on line 1158 and exactly 2 expected in /home/xyz/tempcart.m a r i n l a t i n f o o d s.com/includes/classes/vendors/square/connect/lib/Api/PaymentsApi.php:266

So looks like a coding error in the plugin.
    Please advise...
    mrsawyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsawyer View Post
    Hello,

I installed Square Payments 1.1 today. I processed a test payment using the "authorize" setting. After logging into the admin area, I attempted to capture the payment, but received an http 500 error...The complete message text was: "This page isn’t working, [domain name redacted] is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"
    I am using ZC v1.5.6c .
    Please advise...
    mrsawyer
    Yes, there was a bug in the capture code in v1.1. Unfortunately Square's documentation wasn't mentioning that the Connect SDK requires an empty dataset parameter to be passed to the capture request, making it a little hard to track down.
    The fix, which is in v1.2 is:
    https://github.com/zencart/square_pa...b8a26bd8c129b1

Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast