Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

New store with 1.5.6c version of Zencart. Square payments stopped working with no changes to the site with an error in step 2 of checkout below
    "Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time. Please contact us for alternate arrangements."

I checked the module under admin payments and found a notice there that there was a newer version of the Square login available so I checked my php level and it was 7.2 and installed the new version of the plugin for 5/28/20. After install the button next to the Square Module is yellow not green but shows no errors anywhere and does not ask for anything to be updated. Everything appears to be correct but I still get the same error at checkout.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    "Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time. Please contact us for alternate arrangements."
    That message appears when none of the installed payment modules passes the required checks to be displayed.
    Those checks are:
    1. Compare the customer's address against any address-restrictions you've set in the module (eg: Payment Zone Restrictions, if it's not set to "(None)": best to leave it at "(None)"). If the setting is not None then the icon will show yellow.
    2. The module's status is set to True or Enabled. (It's the first setting in each payment module's configuration settings.) If not set to True then the icon will show yellow.
    3. The module's internal checks don't pass, such as perhaps with Square you haven't clicked Edit and chosen your store's defined Location from the dropdown?
    4. The customer is shopping in a currency that the module cannot use because the Square Location you set doesn't support any currencies in your Zen Cart store.
    5. The module's configuration token has expired (or hasn't been set). Usually you'll see an error in the module settings showing a button to click to re-authorize the module just like during initial setup.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That message appears when none of the installed payment modules passes the required checks to be displayed.
    Those checks are:
    1. Compare the customer's address against any address-restrictions you've set in the module (eg: Payment Zone Restrictions, if it's not set to "(None)": best to leave it at "(None)"). If the setting is not None then the icon will show yellow.
    2. The module's status is set to True or Enabled. (It's the first setting in each payment module's configuration settings.) If not set to True then the icon will show yellow.
    3. The module's internal checks don't pass, such as perhaps with Square you haven't clicked Edit and chosen your store's defined Location from the dropdown?
    4. The customer is shopping in a currency that the module cannot use because the Square Location you set doesn't support any currencies in your Zen Cart store.
    5. The module's configuration token has expired (or hasn't been set). Usually you'll see an error in the module settings showing a button to click to re-authorize the module just like during initial setup.
    Thank you very much for the information. Nothing appears to have changed since the upgrade. Customer address is good, module is set to true, location has been selected as default as physical in the square account and as non in the module, as shopping is in USD, there is not message that the token has expired or any mention of it in the module under the Edit or Remove Module Buttons. Should I replace the token within my Square Account and look for a reset message within the module?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Should I replace the token within my Square Account and look for a reset message within the module?
    If the Locations dropdown is not empty when you click Edit on the module, then usually that means the token is fine.
    You can also just visit https://your_site.com/square_handler.php in your browser and it will auto-refresh the token if possible. If it fails then in the module Admin page the green "login and authorize" button will appear and the module's status will be set to false.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I reset the token in my square account but don't see anything needed related to this in the admin page for the module. When I did this it did not seem to change anything.
    Everything appears to be setup correctly but I have a yellow indicator on the module but all the steps above appear correct. Should I regenerate and replace the application ID and application secret?

Plugin Contributions

I reset the token in my square account but don't see anything needed related to this in the admin page for the module. When I did this it did not seem to change anything.
    Everything appears to be setup correctly but I have a yellow indicator on the module but all the steps above appear correct. Should I regenerate and replace the application ID and application secret?
    I'm completely stumped here. No idea why the Square app. stopped working with no changes to the site or what to do to get it back up and taking payments. The indicator on the app. is yellow and lists the app as processing and there is no buttons to reset the token or anything, location is set to none. Https is working correctly in checkout. Any help is appreciated. Cannot sell at this point at all.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm completely stumped here. No idea why the Square app. stopped working with no changes to the site or what to do to get it back up and taking payments. The indicator on the app. is yellow and lists the app as processing and there is no buttons to reset the token or anything, location is set to none. Https is working correctly in checkout. Any help is appreciated. Cannot sell at this point at all.
    Why it "suddenly stopped" is definitely a mystery. As I wrote earlier, there's only 4 reasons for it to not work:
    - wrong credentials or no Location chosen
    - no token (button shows with message saying click to get a new token)
    - restriction zone set instead of leaving it at none (yellow dot)
    - module status set to false/off/disabled (red dot)

Here's what the default settings look like for me:
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQuLl4W7

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Why it "suddenly stopped" is definitely a mystery. As I wrote earlier, there's only 4 reasons for it to not work:
    - wrong credentials or no Location chosen
    - no token (button shows with message saying click to get a new token)
    - restriction zone set instead of leaving it at none (yellow dot)
    - module status set to false/off/disabled (red dot)

Here's what the default settings look like for me:
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQuLl4W7
    My screen is small but here are the two links showing what mine looks like.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/rRu7J7nZ
    and https://share.getcloudapp.com/2Nuykyj4

the Square App module row looks like this with a yellow dot
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/qGuN1NOz
    Last edited by dallison; 31 Jul 2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: additional info

Plugin Contributions

My screen is small but here are the two links showing what mine looks like.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/rRu7J7nZ
    and https://share.getcloudapp.com/2Nuykyj4

the Square App module row looks like this with a yellow dot
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/qGuN1NOz
    This appears to me to match your settings. Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I think the problem might be that Square now requires the payment module to support 3Dsecure.

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast