Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That error occurred when the customer attempted a payment which was declined, exactly as the message says.

You said that an order came through later, so most likely the customer chose a different credit card to complete their purchase.
    Ok. Weird looking email though. I'm still new at using the module, so let me understand. When a CC card is denied, then the customer cannot checkout. So he sees whatever notification this module throws in his screen saying his CC was denied whatever and to enter another CC and I get this weirdly configured email, correct?

Is this a normal email notification for this event or can/should the email look different?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's "normal" insomuch as you have the module's Logging settings set to "Email on Failures".
    The case of a "declined card" is only one sort of "failure". More critical failures are actual errors which might be reported if something technically goes wrong.

And, yes, if the card is rejected, the customer gets taken back to the payment screen and is asked to use a different card.
    Try it out: go through checkout and put in a fake card number like 4242424242424242 with any expiry date and any CVV code. You'll see exactly what the customer sees if their card is refused. It's good to experience that so you know what they face.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's "normal" insomuch as you have the module's Logging settings set to "Email on Failures".
    The case of a "declined card" is only one sort of "failure". More critical failures are actual errors which might be reported if something technically goes wrong.

And, yes, if the card is rejected, the customer gets taken back to the payment screen and is asked to use a different card.
    Try it out: go through checkout and put in a fake card number like 4242424242424242 with any expiry date and any CVV code. You'll see exactly what the customer sees if their card is refused. It's good to experience that so you know what they face.
    Thank you DrByte.
    Actually the setting was on "Log Always and Email on Failures". Email on Failures doesn't seem to send anything when I test with a fake CC. I'm guessing that email is sent if the CC actually gets denied instead of by entering the wrong CC number(?).

Thank you for the help.

Plugin Contributions

ZC v1.5.5e
    Square v0.90

On a low traffic site I have set up a cron job to run every few days so to refresh the Square access token. A recent purchase failed to complete as the token had expired, it must have been more than 45 days between orders. Looking further into the cron which is

Code:
    php /home/mywebsite/public_html/square_handler.php
    I get 'No output generated' if I run the cron from within my hosting control panel (I should have done that when I first set it up). I've checked file permissions - 644 (read for all and write for owner) and owner/group (I'm running the cron as root), there's nothing in the cron logs. Not sure where else to look.

Edit,
    Thinking about it a bit more, the problem may lie with the way my host runs php cron jobs, I use Virtualmin on a VPS, I'll look into it.
    Last edited by simon1066; 24 Jan 2018 at 06:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Once you have v0.90 installed (all the files updated), after your token expires you need to re-activate it once, using the normal process of:

Go to the Square module in your Admin->Modules->Payment, click on Square. There you will see a button to authorize a token. Click it: it will take you to the Square site to login there (if not already logged in to Square), and then redirect back to your site.
    At this point, if you have v0.91 or newer installed, it will auto-refresh your store's admin page. otherwise you'll need to click Refresh (or F5) to reload the screen. You'll see that the button goes away. At this point your module is re-authorized, and things should work normally. Including the cron script.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm a little confused about the new inclusion of Square payment module in zc 1.5.5F. In comparing the Square files from a clean copy of ZC 1.5.5F with the module I installed recently for a client on 1.5.5E (I am in the process of upgrading him) I can't tell which version is most current. For example in the file: includes/modules/payment/square.php I see these differences in the header info:

v155E - @version $Id: Author: Chris Brown <[email protected]> New in v1.5.6 $
    v155F - @version $Id: Author: Chris Brown <[email protected]> New in v1.5.5f $

This would make it seem like the current version installed on the 155E shop is more current the version included with build 155F

But then there is also this:

v155E - Integrated using SquareConnect PHP SDK v2.5.1
    v155F - Integrated using SquareConnect PHP SDK v2.2.1

These lines seem to indicate that the square module included in v155F is newer than the stand alone module I added to my client's shop a few months ago.

Can someone in the know clarify which version is newest and preferred to use?

Thanks!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Just to clarify my question above, I'm trying to determine whether to leave the square module files as is in the client's shop or update them with the 155F upgrade.

Sorry if the above wasn't clear. :)
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

I'm coming back to the issue of "Access token needed" disused before in this thread.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.4 - PHP 5.4.23
    Tried reinstalling module, reissuing Application Secret and Personal Access Token, to no avail. "Access token needed" doesn't go away.
    I can see that "Token set. You may now continue configuring the module" message appears when trying to authorize the account, but nothing happens after.
    One detail is that if I edit the module there is no Location Id (appears blank).
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@earmsby: use the latest version of the Square module, at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=156

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@RobRiv,
    Which version of the Square module do you have installed? (It should say in the top of the right-hand-sidebar.)

If the "access token needed" won't go away, even after pressing Refresh in your browser, it suggests that Square isn't able to reach the square_handler.php file on your server in order to set the new access token. This can happen if there is no SSL (https) on your site. It can also happen if you've got URL-rewriting happening that's intercepting the incoming request.

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast