Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Zen Cart 1.5.6c
    PHP Version: 7.3.18
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.3.23-MariaDB
    Square Payments 1.1

I have been getting a number of square payment failure messages with the code "GENERIC_DECLINE". I am getting some payments through as well. Was wondering If this is an intermittent site issue or User error.

Any Advice welcome
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

GENERIC_DECLINE is the square equivalent of "oops!"

"An unexpected error occurred" is certainly not a lot of help.

First, make sure your API is dated 04-22-2020.

Then, if the module's Log Mode is not set to notify you of errors, select at least log on failures.

Next, try dropping the PHP back a notch just to make sure your 7.3 is not just outside the current range of 1.5.6c

Just in case, check server logs for the times these failures occurred. With everyone using the internet at home, you may have some dropped connections.

Keep in mind, that some of these transactions might be someone just testing to see if a hacked card will work.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that.
    I have seen cvv failures which could be people testing cards.
    The last lot were the same person at 03:00 so I would not expect internet to be busy. Prior to that it took someone 2 attempts but the order was successful on the second attempt.
    I have logging on as suggested and I am using the latest version of Square api.

As for Php are you suggesting I go down to 7.2?
    I have not had any php errors using zen cart. I did have to change a few arrays to make sure they were defined for counts so not even getting warnings.
    Happy to try 7.2.

Is there any logging i can turn on with Square outside of zen cart?

Thanks again
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Someone else might have other suggestions but, that's all I've got in my bag of tricks.

Being such a vague error, it may be best to just move on. We've only had one GENERIC_DECLINE reported by our square-using customers.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anyway. I'll keep an eye.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post

... First, make sure your API is dated 04-22-2020...
    As v1.1 says 'Integrated using SquareConnect PHP SDK 3.20200325.0' is it safe/advisable to always be using the latest API?
    Simon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Generally best to use the API version that the module was built for. That said, the module transmits its API version with its transaction requests, so it should auto-negotiate with Square for the right one to use on each communication attempt.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

None of our clients with square have had problems with the current api. Several have had problems that were cured by updating.

Plugin Contributions

Would be interested to hear other experiences along these lines.
    We have been using the Square module (still using 0.97) since January 2020, and it is indeed very convenient because of its seamless integration into the checkout page, unlike, say, Paypal.

There is a major shortcoming though: At least in Japan there is the following restriction, notice of which we received from their support staff after several INVALID_CARD transaction failures.

Online use via the E-Commerce API only permits transactions for 3 credit card types: VISA, MasterCard, American Express.

The following additional 3 card types can only be used physically, via the Square Reader (card reader): JCB, Diner's Club, Discover Card.

So the use of the module is sadly quite limited for online transactions. I am still waiting for confirmation as to whether this is a regional restriction for Japan, or a world-wide Square restriction. It is confusing since in one's Square account one needs to make a special application for JCB use approval, which we made and received the OK for, but there is no mention that one cannot actually use JCB and related cards with the E-Commerce API.
    Last edited by gernot; 25 May 2020 at 07:20 AM.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    Would be interested to hear other experiences along these lines.
    We have been using the Square module (still using 0.97) since January 2020, and it is indeed very convenient because of its seamless integration into the checkout page, unlike, say, Paypal.

There is a major shortcoming though: At least in Japan there is the following restriction, notice of which we received from their support staff after several INVALID_CARD transaction failures.

Online use via the E-Commerce API only permits transactions for 3 credit card types: VISA, MasterCard, American Express.

The following additional 3 card types can only be used physically, via the Square Reader (card reader): JCB, Diner's Club, Discover Card.

So the use of the module is sadly quite limited for online transactions. I am still waiting for confirmation as to whether this is a regional restriction for Japan, or a world-wide Square restriction. It is confusing since in one's Square account one needs to make a special application for JCB use approval, which we made and received the OK for, but there is no mention that one cannot actually use JCB and related cards with the E-Commerce API.
    What are your settings for configuration->credit cards?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast