Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Square made some changes on March 13, 2019 which change how the module authorization tokens work.
    You NEED to update your module to version 0.97 (just released today) in order for your token refreshes to work properly. And new installs won't work if you're using an older version of this module (ie: 0.96 or older).

This 0.97 update includes TWO important factors:
    a) the square_handler.php update mentioned a few posts back (#264 on Feb 28)
    b) a forced (slightly older) API Version header sent with each transaction (so you don't have to override it manually in your Square account)

Fortunately, if you were already using 0.96, updating to 0.97 involves only updating 2 files. See details in the module download at: Square Payments for Zen Cart

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

version 0.97 Square Payment not working.
    I have my Application ID & Application Secret filled from my square APP like instructions call for. Location ID is blank and wont show my store numbers.
    I get (Access Token needed) in red.
    When I run my square_handler.php I get a HTTP ERROR 417
    I don't have any url redirects in turned on in my htaccess
    This is a sub domain with its own url, that shouldn't affect anything?

I am so confused why something that is so straight forward looking doesn't working.

Any thoughts or should I call Square?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kadeepro View Post
    I am so confused why something that is so straight forward looking doesn't working.
    Agreed. But let's collaborate to find a solution.
    version 0.97 Square Payment not working.
    I have my Application ID & Application Secret filled from my square APP like instructions call for. Location ID is blank and wont show my store numbers.
    I get (Access Token needed) in red.
    I don't have any url redirects in turned on in my htaccess
    This is a sub domain with its own url, that shouldn't affect anything?
    A subdomain technically shouldn't be a problem, as long as the complete URL is set in your Square OAuth settings.
    When I run my square_handler.php I get a HTTP ERROR 417
    How EXACTLY are you getting that?
    ... cuz in the code, unless altered, a 417 is only sent if running it from a command-line, not a browser
    ... further, the text string "HTTP ERROR 417" is never sent in human-visible text
    That said, a 417 response means that either the module is Disabled in your admin (status set to 'false'), or the token is not set/valid.

Next, what exactly happens when you click the green button in your Admin to get an access token? Step by step.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I got it working.
    The green button logging back in to square this time fixed it. I had tried it before but it didn't activate module it just logged in to square.
    I was had got the HTTP ERROR 417 by going to my https://www.url/square_handler.php before I had logged back in to square using the green button in Admin.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quick question.
    In the previous version I was able to see in admin/orders.php a detail of the sale, which included the fee squareup charged for the transaction, quite useful for bookkeeping to process all the sales for the day from one screen. Is it possible to bring that feature back?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone had a chance to peruse the proposed changes for the Square API and the ability to sell in decimal quantities? Looks like beta is up and finalization is 12 June.

Something we need to plan for?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Anyone had a chance to peruse the proposed changes for the Square API and the ability to sell in decimal quantities? Looks like beta is up and finalization is 12 June.

Are you saying Square does not/will not currently accept fractional units/decimal units?

I had only tested our Square account using integer units and am getting ready to disable our merchant account & enable Square to see how the fees worked out in the real world test.

90% of our products are sold in tenth ounce increments.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Are you saying Square does not/will not currently accept fractional units/decimal units?

I had only tested our Square account using integer units and am getting ready to disable our merchant account & enable Square to see how the fees worked out in the real world test.

90% of our products are sold in tenth ounce increments.
    I don't recall having any trouble with fractional quantities. Hmmmm...

Plugin Contributions

Having an issue, found out when a customer tried to make a purchase. "The provided OAuth access token has expired. You must renew the access token via the Renew Access Token endpoint".

As far as I can tell, you should be able to do this through the Square payment module in the admin panel, but I don't see any buttons or functions to do that. I'm also on 0.97 so I'm not sure what's going on.

Plugin Contributions

And now I had a payment go through with no issues. I'm not sure what's going on here...

Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast