Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

I change \includes\languages\english\modules\payment\square.php to change the text i wanted to display MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_TEXT_CATALOG_TITLE
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it was necessary to update the language file between versions. The MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_TEXT_NOTICES_TO_CUSTOMER constant was added in 1.2

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Changed MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_TEXT_CATALOG_TITLE to "credit/debit card" so I have put it in the template folder rather than overwrite the original I put it in the template folder. I thought that was what it was for.
    The confusion is that this is not a "template" file. Or, a file that needs to be in an override folder.
    I change \includes\languages\english\modules\payment\square.php to change the text i wanted to display MODULE_PAYMENT_SQUARE_TEXT_CATALOG_TITLE
    There's no override for the includes/languages/english/modules folder that I know of. There is the possible override for the payment folder but, I doubt if any of the Square mod's files would gain any benefit from an override. Probably more bad than good would come from doing an override.

Plugin Contributions

The proper place for your file would be /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/responsive_sheffield_blue/square.php.

Not sure that the change is needed though as most folks think of the two as synonymous.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For payment modules I never bother with using language-file-overrides subdirectories, because the changes I'm making there are never template-specific. They are usually simple edits that are easy to merge back in when doing an upgrade.
    That said, you're free to use the override directory as long as you remember to re-merge all the changes into your override every time you upgrade the payment module.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I use the override system. I just forgot to change my file in responsive Sheffield blue. Sorry not trying to cause issue. I do this for all mods so I can see what has changed in the original. I was just a bit rushed and forgot to check my changes.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

fresh install of v1.5.7 and fresh install of square - none of my payment modules are showing up online
    Posted in Re: Admin section issue with Payments

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski2 View Post
    fresh install of v1.5.7 and fresh install of square - none of my payment modules are showing up online
    Same here, logs had
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'SquareConnect\Model\CreatePaymentRequest'

but I copied all the files from this module and it's working now.

Plugin Contributions

We are in the process of migrating over a Zen Cart website to our hosting platform. As part of the migration, we have updated the site from Zen Cart v1.2 to v1.5.6c. The site was using the Paya payment module to credit card processing until we did the update. It will not work any longer. The client asked us to switch to Square. We have installed your module and have successfully connected it to Square. However, checking out is taking so long that the process times out. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the module, but it still won't work. We have installed Stripe and it works without any issues. Do you have any ideas of what might be causing it to time out? Any help will be appreciated!

The site is www.queenhomeschool.com. To see our updated copy, you will need to update your host file to point to 162.255.117.84. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by redelephant View Post
    We are in the process of migrating over a Zen Cart website to our hosting platform.
    As part of the migration, we have updated the site from Zen Cart v1.2 to v1.5.6c.
    Tip: We always recommend doing the upgrade either "before" or "after" switching servers, just to help rule out "the server config" as a cause of any issues that arise.
    That said, sometimes it's impossible to do this if PHP versions aren't compatible between servers ... such as the very large version-jump you're doing in this case.
    I'm just mentioning it for future reference.

The client asked us to switch to Square. We have installed your module and have successfully connected it to Square.
    By "successfully connected" I'm assuming you mean a "token has been exchanged". This is good, insomuch as it confirms that the Zen Cart store is successfully listening to Square's webhook.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the module.
    Uninstalling/reinstalling are probably not going to add much value, but good to have tested that at least once.

However, it would be good to ensure the module's files are all up-to-date with the latest release of the Square module compatible with your PHP and Zen Cart versions.

Do you have any ideas of what might be causing it to time out?
    What's the output of running the site's `/extras/curltester.php` script?
    You can get the latest version of it from:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...curltester.php
    (It's a standalone file, independent of Zen Cart or PHP versions. It tests connectivity to common modules, including Square. It's intended for Hosting companies to use for quick troubleshooting.)

Where's the server located? ie: I wonder if Square's endpoints are easily reachable from your IP location without long lag times?
    The Square endpoint is https :// connect.squareup.com (The curltester script above tries to connect to it.)

However, checking out is taking so long that the process times out.
    You could uncomment the setDebug line highlighted here, to have it log connection/communication attempts, to see whether the endpoint is providing any useful troubleshooting information:
    https://github.com/zencart/square_pa....php#L468-L476

Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast