Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by mrsawyer View Post
    Does anyone know of a card processor with no monthly fees that verify a match between the credit card number and the billing address of the order?
    Sounds like you're dealing with high-fraud-risk transactions?
    Maybe you need to explore a service like MaxMind MinFraud, which gives you a score about the transaction, including indicators related to their address.

It works with all payment modules. Er, agnostic of the payment module. The store still takes the order and payment. You decide whether you refund it or fulfill it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I finally heard from a manager at Square yesterday. It turns out that the customer service person who told me that Square verifies a match between billing address and credit card information was wrong. The manager says that Square DOES NOT verify this information for their API, nor their Virtual Terminal.
    Looks like Square can do it. Screen capture from within our account. Or did you mean something different?
    Our rule is set to 'Trigger a risk alert'. The other option is to "BLOCK" the payment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squareRule.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	19155

Does anyone know of a card processor with no monthly fees that verify a match between the credit card number and the billing address of the order? I thought PayPal did, but they only verify info for a PayPal card.

Thanks...
    I've never heard of anyone processing credit card transactions without fees.
    Last edited by RixStix; 25 Aug 2020 at 09:36 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post

I've never heard of anyone processing credit card transactions without fees.
    There are fees on the transactions.
    He means there is NO monthly (access) fees

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I uninstalled and reinstalled from inside the module and all is solved.
    Thank you very much. Everything was installed correctly but something must have corrupted in the installation. Everything works now so far.
    I had been running on 0.97 for two years now and, today, in one foul swoop, finally upgraded all the way to 1.5 in one go. I had the same issues you did and thank you for your post because that is what solved it for me as well.

It would be worth including in the upgrade section of the documentation.

Plugin Contributions

im getting the nonce sql error, i had issues before installing this module with filter by manufacturers and an issue with the sort by dropdown on product listing pages. from reading this thread i am seeing that it may possibly be to do with my template and the java queries coding in php files. Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue myself hopefully?
    I'm on latest version of zen 1.57b and template tableau 2 from the downloads section, picture to follow forgot my address was on it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"$ is not defined". The $ is probably referring to jQuery. Therefore it suggests your template doesn't have jQuery loaded. Likely your old template had some other outdated way of loading jQuery or javascript code.
    Responsive_Classic loads it like this: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...eader.php#L138

Tip: one way to determine whether a problem is quite likely with your template is to switch the template temporarily to responsive_classic and see if the problem persists.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr Byte I will give the classic responsive a test see if it process the payment then if it does then perhaps that's the source of all my headaches.
    To my untrained eye i'm struggling but slowly learning, last week i had no idea how to find that kind of error information.
    The template is available at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2162 and there's also a support thread i recently posted in on these forums for the module listed on the plugin download page, if it turns out to be a template issue ill ensure i share the fix there. My only other theory is that the developer i hired to remove errors replaced the jquery file or the file that defines it with a standard template file to inact a patch fix that had adverse effects to my site making my situation a unique situation.
    i'll try the responsive classic and report my findings

Plugin Contributions

Name:	2020-12-15.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	19324

:/ that method of diagnoses isn't an option for me it seems. I'm not having any luck at all. think my issue is site specific sadly.

Plugin Contributions

Is this a problem with my template or the payment module?

Any idea on a fix? The AuthNet module displays perfectly. Running an early version of ZCA Bootstrap template.

Name:	paymentpage.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	19365

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLane View Post
    Is this a problem with my template or the payment module?

Any idea on a fix? The AuthNet module displays perfectly. Running an early version of ZCA Bootstrap template.
    Probably just a CSS/padding issue related to the <label> tags.

The Square module's input fields are not actually fields on your own site. They're iframes on Square's site. Thus the default padding for label/input combinations may need some small adjustments to accommodate.

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast