Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square Payment Module for Zen Cart [Support Thread]

Is it normal not to see your transactions in the Square Dashboard? I'm running zencart 1.55f on a small local store that uses Square Register successfully and now, thanks to this mod, it is online to sign up students for classes. Their cards are being charged but not verified for correct address. I see a few orders in the zen admin and get emails from my zencart notifying me about them, but no money shows up as it does when using Register and no transactions show up in my Square Dashboard. Am i missing a step?

Plugin Contributions

What is your transaction type set to in the Square Payment Module? If set to authorize, you have to manually collect the funds through the ZC admin.

Plugin Contributions

Let me add one tip , If you tried everything below and you sure everything is correctly setted up but still can not get the green botton away or make the square up alive, please check the plugin of your browser, especially those adblockers, for example, If your web browser installed a ADbocker which blocks pop up windows, you need to disable it temporarily while you install the square, otherwise, you will never get square to work.

This is my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    When the module in your store Admin says "(Access Token needed)", it's because the OAuth token has NOT been successfully obtained from Square.

For the OAuth token to be obtained, the following (as documented in the installation instructions) must be in place:

a) square_handler.php must be on your server. It should be in the same directory as ipn_main_handler.php already exists.
    b) the correct URL pointing to square_handler.php on your site must be entered into your Square's account OAuth Redirect URL setting.
    c) click on the button to initiate the process of requesting a token. This will open a browser window to Square, and if you're not already logged in there, will ask for credentials.
    d) After Square verifies the supplied credentials, it will show an almost-blank page with a small redirection message, before the window closes automatically.
    e) Within 0-5 seconds after that almost-blank window closes, Square should have automatically sent a message to the OAuth Redirect URL (your square_handler.php file), which will read and validate Square's response, and update the token in your store. This happens automatically, and 99% of the time happens in less than 1 second.
    f) Now refreshing your Zen Cart Admin screen will show that the "Get Token" button has disappeared, as well as the "(Access Token needed)" message.
    The module is now fully functional.

Common causes of problems with this:
    a) didn't upload square_handler.php
    b) put square_handler.php into the wrong directory. It belongs in the "root" of your store's folders. For reference, "ipn_main_handler.php" also exists in this directory.)
    c) didn't put the OAuth Redirect URL into Square's settings, or mistyped it.

Less common, but possible causes:
    a) you've got URL-rewriting rules set up in .htaccess or nginx, which are disallowing square_handler.php to be reached, probably because you're redirecting those requests to some other URL/file. Fix: allow square_handler.php to accessed directly. You could clone any rules for ipn_main_handler.php for square_handler.php, as a starting point.

b) you're running on a test site using a fake/unreachable URL, according to Square's servers. Fix by using a real live website.

c) you're running behind a firewall that's got aggressive restrictions on which files are allowed to be accessed. This is simple. Just tell the firewall to allow normal port 443 access to square_handler.php .... just like any other file on a website should be able to do. Nothing special here.
    https://SolutionTestbank.com
    24/7 Homework & Exam Help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    What is your transaction type set to in the Square Payment Module? If set to authorize, you have to manually collect the funds through the ZC admin.
    Thank you so much. That was it. Doing too much on the fly these days!

Plugin Contributions

On the plugin download page, it says:

"PHP compatibility: version 2.x of this module requires PHP 7.1+, and version 1.x of this module requires PHP 5.4-to-7.4"

Where can I find version 2.x of this module?

Does the 1.5 version support the SCA requirements for europe?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    On the plugin download page, it says:

"PHP compatibility: version 2.x of this module requires PHP 7.1+, and version 1.x of this module requires PHP 5.4-to-7.4"

Where can I find version 2.x of this module?

Does the 1.5 version support the SCA requirements for europe?
    Sorry, 2.x is still in development. That Readme text was probably updated prematurely

No, 1.5 doesn't have specific SCA features presently.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The upgrade instructions for the Square plugin contain 4 steps. After those 4 steps, is the upgrade complete or do I have to continue with the configuration options, or will those settings remain in place from the previous version?
    thanks,
    Ed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by edadk View Post
    The upgrade instructions for the Square plugin contain 4 steps. After those 4 steps, is the upgrade complete or do I have to continue with the configuration options, or will those settings remain in place from the previous version?
    thanks,
    Ed
    In most circumstances the Square module will remember your prior settings without issue. (Unlike some other historical Zen Cart modules where advice was sometimes to click remove then reinstall and reconfigure all settings again .... that cycle shouldn't be necessary with the Square module.)

That said, you should review the module's settings in case new choices have been added.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I currently use SagePay (Opayo) to accept payments and then they send funds to my merchant bank (FDMS) to put funds in my business bank account (TSB). Obviously this means I pay a fee to Opayo and FDMS for each transaction, am I right in thinking that if I use Square they will take the card payment online and transfer money to my bank meaning only 1 fee per transaction (slightly higher fee but less hassle)? I am in the UK if this makes a difference. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BeePud View Post
    Hello,

I currently use SagePay (Opayo) to accept payments and then they send funds to my merchant bank (FDMS) to put funds in my business bank account (TSB). Obviously this means I pay a fee to Opayo and FDMS for each transaction, am I right in thinking that if I use Square they will take the card payment online and transfer money to my bank meaning only 1 fee per transaction (slightly higher fee but less hassle)? I am in the UK if this makes a difference. Thanks
    That's right, one fee and transactions are transferred to your bank account the next day. UK fees have recently(ish) been reduced - 1.9% for online (API) sales with an EU card.

Edit: If you plan to go with Square, you could sign-up through this page, as Zen Cart will get a commission:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-for-Zen-Cart
    Last edited by simon1066; 6 Mar 2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Simon

Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast