Plugin Contributions

Default Help 1146 Table 'configuration' doesn't exist error! How do I solve?

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

I am working on Zencart 1.39. url: http://studentsupply.com Hosting company: TigerTech

We were attempting to upgrade. First by creating a cloned version of the current main site (the site is quite large and since I did not create it, I was not sure what additional hacks or changes were made, figured this would be the safest route).

So I Created separate directory, uploaded files then database. Then, all of a sudden, the main site went to the nddbc.html error. I looked through includes/configure.php and checked the the db username, password which was correct.

So I added the password again (change password for mysql, but used same password)
    Now I get this error:
    1146 Table 'student_ml.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

Tried loading backup, but error stayed the same.

PHP version 4.6.5.2

No add-ons or plugins were added.

Any ideas on How can I solve this issue? I have searched the forum for answers, but none I've tried has changed the situation.

Thanks in Advance anyone who can help me.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help 1146 Table error! How do I solve?

Creating a 'test' dir. requires that a new database name be created an used, else you have two sites using the same database--not good. Both configure.php files in the 'test' dir. will need to be altered to use the new database and URL (studentsupply.com/test-dir/).

A quick fix might be to rename the 'test' dir. and delete the database being used for the test install--making sure you are not deleting the database for the live site. If that fails you will need to find out if your Hoster does backups and if they can restore the account at point when everything was working correctly.

Plugin Contributions

I you didn't before, use the following guidline.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

I see the live site is back in action. It is customary when asking for help in the forum and someone gives you an answer or advice that works for you, to post back what resolved the problem. This will help others in the future that may be experiencing the same problem and what worked for you may work for them also.