Plugin Contributions

Default Check out process for new customers

I am sure this cannot be a new question but I searched the forum and did not find a solution.
    I tried to fix this in tpl_login_default but it proved beyond my limited capability :)

When a new customer enters a product in the "Shopping cart" then they are automatically transferred to the cart.
    Then if they click on "check out" they are transferred to a "log in" page where existing customers can immediately enter their details but new customers have to click on "sign up" to get a form to complete their details.
    For me this is a click too many! Is there an easy way to display this form immediately for new customers on this log-in page.

I mean I would like the "log in" to work the same way it works if you click on "log-in" when your shopping cart is empty.

Reason is most of my customers are new ones and I want to reduce their clicking.

Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Check out process for new customers

BTW, I did comment out the Paypal express checkout from tpl_login_default, I already offer this choice on the shopping cart page

I have a horrible feeling somebody will tell me the solution to my original question is in the configuration

Plugin Contributions

Haha it is.

for the customer details there is a switch called split login. I think it is in lay-out settings configuration.

The paypal button can also be disabled in the paypal express settings in the module page

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like you're looking for one of the "Checkout Without Account" (COWOA) or the more recent "Checkout Without Any Account" (COWAA) plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Haha it is.

for the customer details there is a switch called split login. I think it is in lay-out settings configuration.

The paypal button can also be disabled in the paypal express settings in the module page
    Darn it, I knew it!!

Thanks, did the job!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    It sounds like you're looking for one of the "Checkout Without Account" (COWOA) or the more recent "Checkout Without Any Account" (COWAA) plugins.
    Thanks, will look at those :)

Plugin Contributions

You'll still have to embed the no_account (guest account) form in the login page if you use COWOA. I am not sure about COWOAA as I have not tried it. I use a small jquery accordion script to hide or expand it and the regular create account sections to keep the page looking cleaner. I think the script is only like 4 or 9kb so it is lightweight.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    You'll still have to embed the no_account (guest account) form in the login page if you use COWOA. I am not sure about COWOAA as I have not tried it. I use a small jquery accordion script to hide or expand it and the regular create account sections to keep the page looking cleaner. I think the script is only like 4 or 9kb so it is lightweight.
    COWAA is a bit different idea on the whole checkout/account process. cart is part of the checkout with login or continue sections. Continue and during the address, contact info section is a button which when expanded, displays password fields, add a password it becomes an standard account, don't and its a COWOA account. Basically bypassing the need for a separate create account page.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!