Plugin Contributions

Default Can Gift Certificates Used be set to Delivered instead of Pending?

I run a digital download store and when a gift certificate is used to pay for any order, the order is set to "Pending" instead of "Delivered". I have the other option enabled that says any order that is 0 should be set to delivered, but that's not having any effect. Is there a way to do this? The purchase of the gift certificate cue is already set to "false", but this doesn't affect the use of it. -

Somewhat related, I also noticed that when a coupon that is a 100% discount is applied, the same is true. I had to make a coupon that was 101% discount in order for the "delivered" option to work. But there's no way to do this with a gift certificate. Is this a calculation bug or am I approaching it incorrectly?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Gift Certificates Used be set to Delivered instead of Pending?

Go to Admin->Modules->Payment-> select the Free Charger module.
    Set its order status to Processing

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply, but what's the logic here? It's already set to "Delivered". How will this change things?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When gift certificates or coupons, or sales/discounts result in the order's final purchase value being 0 / Free, the freecharger payment module is used. In those cases, the order's status is set to whatever is configured in your freecharger module's settings.

So, in your case, if freecharger is set to Delivered, then free orders will be set to Delivered.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

my freecharger is already set to Delivered. It's just not working.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm .. looks like the ot_gv module (Admin->Modules->Order Total) has an Order Status option. Perhaps yours is set to Pending?

Plugin Contributions

Nope, that's set correctly too. It's set to Delivered. Is there a log I can look where I can trace what happens when a gift certificate is used?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by radius9999 View Post
    Nope, that's set correctly too. It's set to Delivered. Is there a log I can look where I can trace what happens when a gift certificate is used?
    No, there's no logging unless errors are happening. And what you're describing doesn't suggest any software errors/failures.