Plugin Contributions

red flag Creating Blanket Sale on Master Category

I read through posts but didn't find anything that related to my specific problem...

I cannot use Salemaker through the Zen Cart admin site, it times out and gives me an internal server error, so I'm using myPHPadmin.

I need to create a 66% off sale on a master category we'll call "Bargain Basement" and have the 66% off apply to every product of every sub category I move into that master category. Right now all I can do is get the sale to work when I manually put in the subcategory IDs I want on sale into the 'sale_categories_all' field.

I need any normal user on Zen Cart admin to be able to move a subcategory into the master category and have it reprice automatically, then remove the price when that subcategory is moved out of the master sale category. We had a sale like this in the past but it appears someone deleted it.

Can anyone give some advice on how to set this up without using the front end of Salemaker since it times out?

Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating Blanket Sale on Master Category

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyarn View Post

I cannot use Salemaker through the Zen Cart admin site, it times out and gives me an internal server error, so I'm using myPHPadmin.
    Please post the error message from the log and answer the questions under Posting Tips.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

For whatever reason the error doesn't log in the error log, it just times out and says 'Internal Server Error 500". Here are the Posting Tips answers I'm able to answer to the best of my ability, apologies:

- We are using version v1.3.9c/v1.3.9b
    - PHP Version: 5.4.22 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    - MySQL Client API version 5.5.52
    - The problem has been happening for over a year.
    - The last myDEBUG log in our cache is from 2011.
    - Site url: www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com

I apologize in advance for muddled or lack of information - our webmaster up and left with minimal information and I'm not nearly as knowledgeable.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

You're running a very old version of Zen Cart (v1.3.9b/c were released in May 2010) on a version of PHP (5.4.x) for which that Zen Cart code was not designed.

The error you're receiving is most likely due to that incompatibility. I suggest that you focus on getting your Zen Cart core up-to-date before trying any patching.

Plugin Contributions

In cPanel (your control panel for your hosting account) there is a section called Metrics and a link for Error log. That should show a line related to your 500 error msg. The lines all start with a date so you should be able to determine which error applies. Can you copy & paste that line starting at: /public_html/...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You're running a very old version of Zen Cart (v1.3.9b/c were released in May 2010) on a version of PHP (5.4.x) for which that Zen Cart code was not designed.

The error you're receiving is most likely due to that incompatibility. I suggest that you focus on getting your Zen Cart core up-to-date before trying any patching.
    Thanks, lat9. Unfortunately this company is closing it's doors very soon but I appreciate the suggestion. We're trying to have one last "big bang" sale with the 66% off

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    In cPanel (your control panel for your hosting account) there is a section called Metrics and a link for Error log. That should show a line related to your 500 error msg. The lines all start with a date so you should be able to determine which error applies. Can you copy & paste that line starting at: /public_html/...
    Thank you, Rob. Here is the error:
    PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/dbnydis/public_html/shop/admint/includes/functions/functions_prices.php on line 299 and defined in /home/dbnydis/public_html/shop/admint/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 70, referer: https://www.discontinuedbrandnameyar...=194878&page=1

Plugin Contributions

The file admin/includes/functions/functions_prices.php on your site has been modified incorrectly. I'd suggest replacing it with a fresh copy from a new download of 1.3.9.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    The file admin/includes/functions/functions_prices.php on your site has been modified incorrectly. I'd suggest replacing it with a fresh copy from a new download of 1.3.9.
    Thanks swguy - any ideas for how to create this sale through myPHPadmin's salemaker_sales?

Plugin Contributions

Reply by swguy trumps my reply. Gotta type faster. :-)