Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Invoice says "pending" I'd like to change this

I see I can set the default value for what an order is set to. Considering I don't update this value for orders (ever), it seems the thing to do is set the default for check/money order to something other than "paid". Which state is first, second, third, doesn't seem to matter. I suppose I can change the check/mo status to "Check / Money Order" which will alert me to wait for the check before shipping. This would not require me to go back into the admin to change it. I track shipped orders elsewhere. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    I see I can set the default value for what an order is set to. Considering I don't update this value for orders (ever), it seems the thing to do is set the default for check/money order to something other than "paid". Which state is first, second, third, doesn't seem to matter. I suppose I can change the check/mo status to "Check / Money Order" which will alert me to wait for the check before shipping. This would not require me to go back into the admin to change it. I track shipped orders elsewhere. Thanks!
    I reference back to post #2 about status level and the possibility of using downloads, also there is a condition when using PayPal where it will/may default the status of an order back to status level 2 which would currently indicated processing instead of the desired paid condition.

Another way to think about it, could go correct things now or try to figure out why things aren't working like expected later. :) Phrase I have heard before is pay now or pay later. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I don't see where the different statuses are ordered by number. There seem to be several with different names, but no indicated order. I don't see how a payment module automatically changes a status from one to another, and if they do, where the order is established. Where is level 2?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Most payment modules offer a drop-down selector to choose an "Order Status" or "Payment Order Status", which determines the status the module will set the order to when the order is saved.

You can access all the statuses via Admin->Localization->Orders Status. They are listed in numerical order. The number is displayed in the URL (address bar at the top of your Browser) when you click on a certain status.

The defaults are:

1-Pending
    2-Processing
    3-Delivered
    4-Update (this was created in order to reset expired Download products to re-enable items on a certain order; has no other purpose)

There's nothing "automatic" or magical about any of these statuses. They're just a word. (Unless you offer downloadable products)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I didn't see the # in the url. Right now things are simple over here. However, I do want to add a paypal module and maybe someday do digital products. I'll be back with more questions. Thanks for the excellent help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12