Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: You already purchased this product...

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    - Per Product
    And there is the rub. When looking at having to edit many Products, say 50+ 100+ or more, it would be quite daunting. Yes, other available modules may help alleviate the task but to have a module designed specifically for the task is what modules are all about.

Plugin Contributions

You might not be reading this correctly - these are two values in the configuration table. Not a value per product. The name of the second value is "Number of Downloads Allowed - Per Product". It's not a per product setting.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    This would be for a Community module available for free download in the Plugin section and apply only to Virtual Downloads--correct?

Have its own configuration page starting with version number and listing features available.

Each feature, when coded in, to have its own switch for On/Off and other settings.

Possible feature could be when displaying a msg. such as "You've already purchased this Product" to also provide a button saying "Download Again?".
    Yes, a community module available for free download. I was thinking that any configuration would be present in the Configuration->Attributes Settings, along with the other download-related configuration settings.

The "You've already purchased this product" message would be displayed on re-display of the shopping-cart page once the customer is logged in (either placing the product in cart during a logged-in session or after the after-login redirect).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If a store's policy were to require repurchase of a download/product after a period of time, then it wouldn't make much sense after that time had lapsed to tell them that they had already purchased the product... to tell them it's time to renew/repurchase, sure, but that's different (and would be another feature). ...
    Within the constructs of the "You already purchased" plugin, I believe that the main focus is customer satisfaction ... letting the customer know that they don't need to re-purchase the downloadable product.

Plugin Contributions

Going off the idea that there are currently two store policies regarding the downloads:
    1. @CaroleAs: If the download count/timeframe is exceeded, the customer can call to receive another chance for the download.
    2. @lat9: The download count/timeframe is honored; if either is exceeded, the customer must re-purchase the download.

... it appears that the to-be-created plugin will need at least one configuration value:

Download Prior Purchase Messaging: Choose the method with which to communicate the prior purchase to the customer, one of:
    1. Disabled ... no special processing. The download can always be re-purchased without message.
    2. Call on Expiration ... Regardless the status of the download count/timeframe expiration, the item cannot be re-purchased. If the download has not expired, the customer is directed to the order-information page where the active download link is displayed. Otherwise, a message is displayed indicating that the customer has previously purchased the product and should call the store owner to get their download "reset".
    3. Enforce Expiration ... If the download count/timeframe is not expired, the item cannot be re-purchased. A message is displayed pointing the customer to the associated order-information page where the download link should still be active. Otherwise, the item purchase proceeds without message.

Comments and/or additional purchase scenarios welcomed.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.0.0 of Download Already Purchased Messaging to the Zen Cart plugins for review; once approved, it can be downloaded from this link: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2147.

This thread will serve as the plugin's support thread.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: You already purchased this product... [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I sell digital products and many of my customers purchase a LOT of them (i have over 500). One customer emailed me today saying that it was annoying when she ends up buying one product a second time, because she didn't remember she had already purchased it, or she didn't check her list of products on her computer, properly. She suggested I added a message when she shops that would say something like "You already purchased this product".

I was looking through the available plugins and can't find anything like that. Would anyone know if there is such a plugin (that i missed) or if someone would see the usefullness in such a plugin?
    @CaroleAs, do you have a link to your site so I can get a feel what it is all about please? You can PM me if you don't want to publicly post the link.

Thanks / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v1.0.0 of Download Already Purchased Messaging to the Zen Cart plugins for review; once approved, it can be downloaded from this link: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2147.

This thread will serve as the plugin's support thread.
    The plugin is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    @CaroleAs, do you have a link to your site so I can get a feel what it is all about please? You can PM me if you don't want to publicly post the link.

Thanks / Frank
    Sorry, didn't get a notification of this reply sooner. Here is my store link: http://creationcassel.com/store/

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I was going to install this very plugin that i asked for and i could not remember how to do so (i didn't find a README file in it)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast