Plugin Contributions

help question Ceon Sage Pay Form - getting updated Amount after credit card surcharge added

We are running a rather old Zen Cart 1.3.8a (with security patches applied) and Ceon sage pay form version 2.1 which supports VPS protocol 3.0. I've searched for this but nothing matching our versions showed up.

The My Sage Pay site lets you define a surcharge (fixed or percentage) to be added to the order as it goes through payment processing on the sage pay site (the 'form' style of integration, not 'direct'). Then, an 'Amount' field is passed back to the cart in the response, I can see this in the debug file:

-------------------------------------------------
    Formatted version of data being sent to Sage Pay:
    -------------------------------------------------
    [redacted]
    Amount=3.98
    [then later...]
    ---------------------
    Parsed response data:
    ---------------------
    array(14) {
    [redacted]
    ["Amount"]=>
    string(33) "4.06&BankAuthCode=031201 "
    }

So I can see the order amount 3.98 had 2% added to make 4.06 in the response. However, the Sage Pay module code in includes/modules/payment/ceon_sage_pay_form.php doesn't seem to read the Amount field at all from the response, its before_process() function gathers various fields from $this->_sage_pay_return_values and writes them to the database but makes no effort to read Amount or update the order.

So some questions:
    - Is there a more recent Sage Pay Form module that would accept Amount and update the order for 1.3.8a? I believe the Ceon software is not being maintained any more since the sad passing of Connor. I've read there's a rewritten sage pay form module included in ZC 1.5 (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ay-Form-V1-5-5) but the page for it indicates it would not be compatible with our 1.3.8a.
    - I could update the module to read Amount and update the order. If I was to do this, would it be acceptable to simply update the 'total' order total amount, or should I try to create a totally new Order Totals module to accomodate the surcharge information? (I have not done this before so it's easier not to do this)

Any opinions welcome. Thanks!
    Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Sage Pay Form - getting updated Amount after credit card surcharge added

Hi Nick.
    Not what you want to hear but have you tried the Ceon sagepay module on a more recent version of Zen Cart?
    It could be that the mod works properly but it's your very outdated version of Zen Cart that's the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Sage Pay Form - getting updated Amount after credit card surcharge added

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Hi Nick.
    Not what you want to hear but have you tried the Ceon sagepay module on a more recent version of Zen Cart?
    It could be that the mod works properly but it's your very outdated version of Zen Cart that's the problem.
    Thanks, but as indicated at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1453 (the mod download page), 2.1 is the latest version of this mod, no matter what version of Zen Cart you use. As I indicated in my post, I have read that more recent versions of Zen Cart do come with a different Sage Pay Form mod (not from Conor's codebase) but I haven't seen any indication yet that they support updating the order amount on return from Sage Pay's website due to surcharges, and besides they are not compatible with out version of ZC. Hence, the reason for this post :)

Our reasons for not upgrading our ZC version from 1.3.8a are the usual, massive customisation meaning that an upgrade would be very time consuming in terms of porting over all our features and testing everything thoroughly, a commitment we are not ready to make.

It would be fairly easy for me to parse the Amount field coming back from Sage Pay, and altering the order total before saving the order, but then the Order Totals lines wouldn't add up correctly. A more perfect appearance would be for a new Order Total line to appear containing the small addition due to the credit card surcharge. I'll dive in and try it if I need to.

Cheers
    Nick