Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Imported old db to new test store install -- trying to upgrade & cannot log in

Test Store URL: https://teststore.frenchteachers.org/
    ZC Version 1.2x (upgrading to 1.2.7 first)

Have been trying to upgrade store from 1.2x to 1.5.5e for a while but have consistently had trouble with db. I've installed a fresh install of TESTSTORE, then restore a copy of the current (working) store's database. All seems well, then the upgrade screen comes on and asks for superuser info.

I've tried entering the only superuser listed in the admin directory of original db (a copy of which has now been imported to TESTSTORE) along with the password. In fact, I used same pw for both database access and TESTSTORE superuser).

STILL gives me an error message:
    "There are some problems
    Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

To authorize the database upgrade, you must enter an admin username and password with SuperUser (ie: unrestricted) permissions in your store.
    This will be the username and password you use to log in to the Admin area of your store.
    (It is NOT your FTP password, and is not your hosting control panel password. Nobody knows this password except you or your storeowner. You can not get it from your hosting company.)
    If you are locked out of your store and do not know any valid admin passwords and cannot log in to your store Admin page, then you can do an aggressive reset of the password by following the instructions in this article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44-how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-admin-password."

What am I doing wrong? The superuser password works to log into current (working) store and I'm using an exact copy of the db in TESTSTORE. I've even tried the superuser pw provided in clean install, which didn't work either.

Help! (Thanks!)
    Last edited by lindagal2; 4 Jul 2017 at 10:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Imported old db to new test store install -- trying to upgrade & cannot log in

If you don't have a huge amount of products, it may be best to forego the earlier db. So many changes to the way information was encoded that you might just want to start from new on categories and products. 1.2.7 reached 10 years of age this month. in computer years, that's way older than even me! Like trying to put a '64 chevy 283 into a 2017 Dodge Ram 2500.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Imported old db to new test store install -- trying to upgrade & cannot log in

That may ultimately be what we have to do, dbltoe, but sadly, there are a LOT of products so it will take substantial time either way. Would like to figure a way to at least *try* to upgrade the db. I don't understand why the superuser pw worked on the currently running store, but not in the exact same db installed in the new teststore.

Plugin Contributions

We use a different "decoder ring" in different versions. The code in the Admin table is read completely differently with the new version. Have you tried using http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...admin-password on the db after copying the old to the new? I'm not sure, but https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....1-5-3-to-1-5-4 may be of help

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe, one thing that leapt out at me in the link you provided:

"I have the correct prefix (_zen), database name and user name. "

Do I need a _zen prefix for the database? My hosting company uses french_ as the prefix for all dbs, accordingly, I created a blank db named french_zctest for the teststore clean install, then imported a backup copy of the *current* store into french_zctest. Now (as noted above) trying to create upgrade, and can't get in. Could the prefix be the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindagal2 View Post
    dbltoe, one thing that leapt out at me in the link you provided:

"I have the correct prefix (_zen), database name and user name. "

Do I need a _zen prefix for the database? My hosting company uses french_ as the prefix for all dbs, accordingly, I created a blank db named french_zctest for the teststore clean install, then imported a backup copy of the *current* store into french_zctest. Now (as noted above) trying to create upgrade, and can't get in. Could the prefix be the problem?
    The french_zctest is the database name and should not be confused with a prefix which is sometimes used. If used, the prefix (like zen_) would be added to each table name. In this example, the admin table would become sen_admin.
    Of course new and old should have the same prefix even is there is none. ZC_install asks for a prefix but you would not need it unless your old database had a prefix.
    Look in the old database. If it is anything other than admin, the new database should have been setup with the old prefix.
    I don't think this is your problem but it is something to check.

Plugin Contributions

Another "issue" that has been common to see (more so with the age of the database is the relationship of the username to the access level within the database. The "installer" process for ZC 1.5.5 was modified as compared to ZC 1.5.4 and previous installers and may have difficulty with doing the database upgrade from such an early version.

If the validation that the database prefix is correct, the forced password reset of: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44 doesn't work, it may help to use an early interim version of ZC to perform a portion of the database upgrade. Ie. Install the newer yet older version without any plugins, go through the zc_install process and then take that database for use with ZC 1.5.5.

Also, be sure to review the /logs directory of the new install for messages related to the upgrade process. There are expected to be some related to things like: can't delete a field because it doesn't exist or can't add or convert something because it has already been done... those basically mean what they say: nothing to do, but thought it would be good to tell you about it. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for the responses. So that leaves me with two questions.

First off, I believe my process will be:
    1. Turn off store / create "down for maintenance" message;
    2. Attempt hard reset the password through phpMyAdmin;
    3. Attempt upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.5.5e using the latest 1.5.5e install (hopefully being able to ACCESS it with new pw).
    4. If either the new pw doesn't work OR the sequential upgrade built into 1.5.5e doesn't work ....
    5. Download an earlier copy of zencart (note -- have to search where to locate one!) and try interim install.

So question 1: Where do I find earlier downloads of ZenCart if I have to attempt interim upgrades rather than go through 1.5.5e upgrade page?

And question 2: How do I change the text of the "down for maintenance" file? (My php knowledge is woefully small). I found the down_for_maintenance info in /includes/modules/pages/down_for_maintenance/header_php.php but don't know how to find the text to change. Here is what the header.php reads:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Down For Maintenance
     * @package page
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: header_php.php 4045 2006-07-30 23:10:08Z drbyte $
     */
    require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('require_languages.php'));
    $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE);

if (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true') $flag_disable_right = true;
    if (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_COLUMN_LEFT_OFF == 'true') $flag_disable_left = true;
    if (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_FOOTER_OFF == 'true') $flag_disable_footer = true;
    if (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_HEADER_OFF == 'true') $flag_disable_header = true;

if (DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE == 'true') {
      $sql = "SELECT last_modified from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " 
              WHERE configuration_key = 'DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE'";

$maintenance_on_at_time = $db->Execute($sql);
      define('TEXT_DATE_TIME', $maintenance_on_at_time->fields['last_modified']);
    }

header("HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable"); 

?>

NOTE: I used the following directions from a prior ZC forum thread to find this file but am rather lost now: "All text is edited in the language files or through the admin.

Put the phrase you want to change in the Admin> Tools> Developer's Tool kit, lower left, choose all files, click go- the exact file to copy to your overrides will be listed."

When I searched for "down for maintenance" under all files there were no hits, only when I searched "template things" did I get this page.

Plugin Contributions

How about using
    Admin=>Configuration => Website Maintenance => true/false
    Change text in the Website Maintenance Period (last config setting)
    Set display maint period to true
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thx Rick -- was just coming back to edit my post and say I'd fixed the maintenance text.

Now I still need to find where to access and download prior versions of ZenCart!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast