Thread: Out of Stock

Plugin Contributions

Default Out of Stock

http://deessigndepot.com/store/
    You are presently using: v1.3.9h
    I paid someone years ago (2013 I think) to install as i am completely illiterate in zencart and my tbi (brain injury) makeS learning new things difficult so sorry if i sound like a dumbass lol.
    But the problem i am having is in one section i am selling one of a kind (PREMADE BLOG DESIGNS) .. so quantity is 1 i have in admin confiq - stock my settings as

Check stock level true
    Subtract stock true
    Allow Checkout false
    Mark product out of stock ***
    Stock Re-order level 5
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to 1
    Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart 1
    Product Quantity Decimals 0

so here's the thing.. i tested this on a dummy product . when adding product to stock i set stock to 1
    i was selling it in my tester for .01 and used a g.c. balance to pay for it and it worked.. after i purchased it it showed out of stock button and could not be repurchased. BUT then i added my product using same settings and it sells for 20.00.. and it does not work.. it allows multiple sales of same product.. what a pita this morning. So i also read and tried to do the settings where product disappears from store once stock runs out.. again with my penny tester it works but my 20.00 item it doesn't. Is there a way to fix this? A plug in or perhaps something i am missing?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Out of Stock

Did you test the $20 item in the same way as the other - actually checking out and 'buying' the product with a gift card balance?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Did you test the $20 item in the same way as the other - actually checking out and 'buying' the product with a gift card balance?
    Not with the use of a g.c. no the purchaser paid through paypal.. i could do a dummy at 20.00 I suppose would that tell us much?

Plugin Contributions

just tested it with a 20.00 g.c. and no it doesn't work. So maybe it has something to do with the value?

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help me? Pretty Please

Plugin Contributions

You could set "Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to 1" to 0 instead of 1. This will stop showing out of stock items.

It's nothing to do with pricing.

I am not familiar with downloadable products. Are they set up as a product - general or as a document - product?

Do you have an example where we can check it out? I looked on your site and the 4 themes on your homepage are not available when I click on the link.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    You could set "Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to 1" to 0 instead of 1. This will stop showing out of stock items.

It's nothing to do with pricing.

I am not familiar with downloadable products. Are they set up as a product - general or as a document - product?

Do you have an example where we can check it out? I looked on your site and the 4 themes on your homepage are not available when I click on the link.
    Downloadable product can be setup with whatever product type is desired to present them as. That said, if memory serves when working around the code that reduces stock quantities, product that are downloadable do not really have a stock quantity. Or rather the quantity of the downloadable product is not affected by purchase. I'd have to take a look, to confirm, but if that is correct then something else would need to be done/added to the overall product to support a reduction in quantity.

I just remember seeing part of the reduce stock code being bypassed if the product was downloadable. Still doesn't necessarily explain why the quantities changed in one situation and not necessarily so in the other. :/
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have been deactivating the product when not on line because, they are one of a kind and should only be sold once, but since the stock doesn't count down, i have had issues of multiply sales. I really need to find another way or correct the problem. I have activated one that shows stock 1 and one shows stock 0 ( that i manually entered) after it sold.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just did a fresh install of Zen Cart v1.5.5e. So all the default settings are in place.
    I created a test product. I set the number-on-hand as 500.
    I installed the new Square payment module, so I could purchase using a credit card.
    I bought one of those items by going through checkout.
    The inventory went from 500 to 499.
    So, it's counting down properly out-of-the-box.

Then I went and changed the 499 to 1, to test whether it would be marked as out-of-stock if the last one was purchased.
    I also went to Admin->Configuration->Stock and set "Allow Checkout: Allow customer to checkout even if there is insufficient stock" to false.

Then I bought the item.
    The sale went through okay.
    The item inventory was reduced to 0 and the product was marked out-of-stock, and no longer shows up on the storefront.

What's different about your setup?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Doc, when setting up the product was it a digital product or what might be considered a standard product? That may be the difference of importance. :/
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...