Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: attribute not discounting percentage price factor

Quote Originally Posted by bummerdude View Post
    by George i thing ive got it. THANK YOU kindly it is a way of doing it but is there a way of simplifying it for people. which in turn will save you answering this question over and over
    Another zenner and I are intending to work on such instruction but such instruction seems to come best from a goal. (I want the price to be a percentage of the total or I want to add a percentage to the price or I want to make the price x times larger...) While each of these require a similar process and setup, each individual attempting to accomplish that thinks their setup/request is completely different. An example of that perspective: someone says they can not access their admin for some reason or another. They are provided a link to a discussion about how to establish a known username and password. But the title of the document/page says something like: how to reset the password because I forgot it... first thing back: this instruction doesn't apply to me, because I do know my password, it's just not working......

This is what I asked in the first post about what was expected/desired. This "feature" seems to be best explained in how it functions, rather than trying to stuff a bunch of "keywords" into a topic title. The most generic being something like: "I would like to modify the price of the product by multiplying the price by adding a value to the price that is multiplied by the price itself." Who searches for something like that though?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I can't see the forest for the trees but.....

Why not set the base price as 0, select Priced by Attributes, and set all attributes with a price. With an Option Name of Portion Size, your Option Values can be assigned in any order so..

Selections (option values) in a easy percentage world based on 1kg being 10.00 would be:
    • Please Select a Portion Size (or whatever) would be for display only and default so the customer has to make a choice
    • Full Fish (1 KG) -10.00
    • 900 G - 9.00
    • 875 G - 8.75
    • 800 G - 8.00
    • Three-Fourths Fish (750 G) - 7.50
    • 700 G - 7.00
    • 600 G - 6.00
    • Half Fish (500 G) - 5.00
    • 400 G - 4.00
    • 300 G - 3.00
    • Quarter Fish (250 G) - 2.50
    • 200 G - 2.00
    • 125 G - 1.25
    • 100 G - 1.00
    • 50G - .50

It's just a percentage of the main cost of the kg. Whatever they select is the price. The selections (Option Values) an be arranged ascending or descending in price.

Lotta numbers there but wanted to show several options.

Plugin Contributions

Pretty much exactly for the reason, that by assigning a specific price to each of the attributes, a forest has just been created...

With the proposed method of using the price factor, change the price per weight in one place (product price) and the purchase of any attribute is already determined and correct... no muss, no fuss...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12